What's new

SOTD "HALLOWEEN IS COMING THEME WEEK" October 23rd - October 29th, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date: 25 October 2017 "SOTN"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Wholly Kaw - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Limited Edition (tallow) Donkey Milk 5x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice Cobalt
Razor: - Colonial Razors ~ General SS
Blade: - Feather Artist Club Professional #8
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Original Moisturiser
Whisky: - Ardbeg 10yrs Old

I've transfer my on going feather pro blade from the General aluminium head to the SS General..... All I can say is HOLY COW!! I'm completely speechless and totally gob-smacked because the SS General is the heavier razor in my den and lot more efficient than the General aluminium head, I didn't have any issue shaving with the General aluminium head attach with a ikon Bulldog handle this was my very first single edge razor in my den. I've never felt this razor that heavy against all my other razors since I've been wet shaving for nearly 3 years, the SS General weight is about 120 grams I strongly advise you to be very cautious with this SS General if you don't watch your angle and speed. I've had a small nick on my right side jaw line and under the right jaw line going WTG as I'm right handed can be a little tricky, shaving XTG & ATG is pretty easy to control the razor because you can't apply any pressure as the head balance perfectly going XTG and there's no pressure shaving ATG going under on your neck which is pretty smooth.

You can be very safe shaving from razor burn and irritation on your neck with the SS General going WTG, XTG and ATG as YMMV, just be cautious going WTG when you reach the jaw line because everybody has a different curve or shape of the there own jaw line otherwise this razor can bite you too soon if you don't pay attention to your shave. The SS General is going to take a while for me getting used to because the weight is a learning curve along my jaw line, so far I'm really enjoying the shave with the SS General and when I master the weight hopfully I should be able to used the feather pro super blade very soon or maybe go back to the Schick Proline.....will see. Follow by a nice relaxing smooth drink of Ardbeg 10yrs Old after my shave is very enjoyable, I'm looking forward to my next shave again with the SS General and I strongly advise you all.... you MUST get yourself a SS General in your den otherwise you could missed out this fantastic razor and the shave, I'm very glad to have a both SS General and the General aluminium head attach with a ikon Bulldog handle in my den.
Excellent commentary. I've never used the General though I have six modern SEs. The SS General is currently out of stock so I'll probably pick up the aluminum model soon.

Thursday's Shave

Shower + Musgo Glyce Face Lather & Rinse

JLindy 2016 Gold Dollar Mod Winner 13/16
Matt DeRuiter PJ Purple Neon / Black Synthetic
Barrister & Mann "42" Shave Soap
Swiss Pitralon Aftershave Splash
Barrister & Mann "42" EdT

proxy.php

Have a Great Day Gentlemen

Proraso Green Pre/Post
Majestic handle APShaveCo 24mm Cashmere Knot
L&L Darkfall
Schick Krona TTO / Schick Plus Platinum (2)
Proraso Green Pre/post ~ Proraso Crema Liquida
proxy.php

10/25/17
Proraso Green Pre Shave Cream
Taylor of Old Bond Street "St. James"
Simpson "Duke" #2 in Best Badger
Edwin Jagger DE-89L
Gillette 7:00 Yellow (5)
Omega Alum Stick
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling
View attachment 831987
Cozy, close-knit grouping, Erich. Florida Water and Penhaligon's ... oh there's magic in the air.

Wednesday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Crowne & Crane Thuringian Forest
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Vintage Gillette “Spoiler” Super Stainless (Shave #5)
Brush: Cowboy Classic/Whipped Dog Silvertip-24mmx54mm
Aftershave: Stirling Gentleman w/Menthol

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Crowne & Crane Thuringian Forest today. 20 seconds to load the Cowboy Classic/Whipped Dog Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Vintage Gillette “Spoiler” SS still in the Gillette Slim. Excellent smooth, close shave. I finished with Stirling Gentleman w/Menthol aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php
Such a handsome layout, Bob.

Ikon Shavecraft 103
Polsilver Super Iridium
Razorock Plissoft
Proraso green
Cien Balm
Floid

Head and face smooth again.
Forgot the preshave on the face and to switch the blade.

I use different blades for head and face.
Although the blade was still fine on the head, it had a lot more trouble with the facial hairs.

All in all a fine shave.

View attachment 832102
Welcome back to SOTD, Loei.

SOTD: 26th October 2017.
4+.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Cien ~ Green Kick Shower Gel & Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ .

Brush: Semogue 1470 .

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Cella .

Blade: Rapira ~ Platinum Lux. (2)

Razor: Pearl ~ SBF-11.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./ Lavender+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture / Brut ~ Original Aftershave.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Avon ~ Wilderness EDT.

Greetings,

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups DFS with no errors to report.
It's been a while since i last used The Indian Pearl razor, which was a pleasure to use, all of my shaves this week have been consistantly good.

I've surprised myself since i introduced myself to traditional wet shaving ...into my second year now, how much i look forward to my next shave, something i never thought i would ever imagine in a million years ,as i use to hate shaving with a passion using Cartridge razors,making it a mundane hateful task,now it's a sheer pleasurable experience each time i shave.

Finishing the shave off in old school style with a generous splash of Brut Original & squirts of Avon Wilderness EDT.

My Face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Many thanks for your wonderful pictures gentlemen and your kind words Ron - just glad I don't have any Tonic water at home, else I would indeed over indulge :D

I hope you all have a terrific Thursday :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom