What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Not as lucrative today. Passed on several, crazy prices.

proxy.php

Good! Amazing prices!
No many flebays around here, sadly... It must be great to rescue one of them...
Thanks Juan, It is fun to find them in the wild. Every once in a while I will see one on ebay that I cant pass up, but most are out of my price range. Most of the time they are out of my price range at antique stores and flea markets too. Many dealers have seen the rise in the popularity of DE wet shaving, so they raise the prices. Supply and demand, they have them we want them, so they control the prices.

Don't be afraid to make low offers at antique stores. That "New" I bought yesterday was marked $24.99. I made the comment that I just couldn't pay more than $10 for any razor. Owner said, "how about $9.99"? I said, "SOLD".

Well, for a toggle I might go up to $15...

:)

Imho, haggling is part of the processat both antique boutiques and garage sales. The worst they could say is no.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Nice scores everyone! I am in awe of the mad skills y'all have for finding razors in the wild!

Well this razor has eluded me for a long time now but finally I got one! A NEW Big Boy! Ever since Honka Hey or Mark as I know him let me use his NEW Deluxe and got to shave with it for almost 2 weeks and I feel in love with it from the first Shave to the last. I told Mark as soon as I shaved with it I’ve got to get one. Well easier said than done! Oh I found a few and I lost out on at least 5 of them. So
CA49EE00-5C14-428E-A556-EE0BAF846A39.jpeg
53029B10-8F5D-4BA1-B3C0-ED02489A9C71.jpeg
64D04785-B9FF-4E51-AE6E-7607BEB10665.jpeg
AE997561-3F05-4DBF-A983-243D12227923.jpeg
Mark my friend I can finally add one to my den and rotation and thanks for all your helpful info and history lessons on the NEW! :a5:

Well this razor has eluded me for a long time now but finally I got one! A NEW Big Boy! Ever since Honka Hey or Mark as I know him let me use his NEW Deluxe and got to shave with it for almost 2 weeks and I feel in love with it from the first Shave to the last. I told Mark as soon as I shaved with it I’ve got to get one. Well easier said than done! Oh I found a few and I lost out on at least 5 of them. So View attachment 827421 View attachment 827422 View attachment 827423 View attachment 827424 Mark my friend I can finally add one to my den and rotation and thanks for all your helpful info and history lessons on the NEW! :a5:

Wow that's a wonderful piece of shaving history! I owed a Big Boy Hybrid, it was a fantastic shaver! Congratulations, I bet it was hard to get ahold of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that's a wonderful piece of shaving history! I owed a Big Boy Hybrid, it was a fantastic shaver! Congratulations, I bet it was hard to get ahold of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you and yes they aren’t easy to come by at least for me it was a long hunt. Can’t wait to take it for a spin tomorrow.

Well this razor has eluded me for a long time now but finally I got one! A NEW Big Boy! Ever since Honka Hey or Mark as I know him let me use his NEW Deluxe and got to shave with it for almost 2 weeks and I feel in love with it from the first Shave to the last. I told Mark as soon as I shaved with it I’ve got to get one. Well easier said than done! Oh I found a few and I lost out on at least 5 of them. So View attachment 827421 View attachment 827422 View attachment 827423 View attachment 827424 Mark my friend I can finally add one to my den and rotation and thanks for all your helpful info and history lessons on the NEW! :a5:
Who’s this Honka Hey? Sounds like a smart guy! Congrats on finally finding one. And definitely one of the best Deluxe models at that. Tomorrow will be a good day. Guaranteed!

Fantastic find. Congrats

Top Bottom