What's new

Hi all, new user.

Hey everyone, I'm Ron, I've been wet shaving for about 3 months now, started when I saw the standard razor in the bespoke post box and figured I'd give it a shot.

Little about me, I served and am married to someone who currently serves. I'm 22, and me and the wife just got our house. I'm from los Angeles but lived in ny, currently next to dc. I have two dogs that I consider my daughters, and am looking to better my shaving technique and increase my collection. Ask me anything!

Welcome to the B&B forums, Ron. Check out the foxhole shavers section here. What branch are you and your wife in?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We are both army active duty! Well I was active duty anyways
Very nice. I spent just shy of 22 years between active and National Guard. The Army provided a lot for my family. Good luck with the career. Hope you and your wife take full advantage of it.

She plans on it! Me on the other hand, I'm a bit more stubborn and don't like school too much, but I think now that I don't have to worry about rent or anything I might have to look into that

She plans on it! Me on the other hand, I'm a bit more stubborn and don't like school too much, but I think now that I don't have to worry about rent or anything I might have to look into that
There's more than school (although I am using the benefits I earned to finish my masters degree). I didn't focus on college when I was 22. However, later in my military career (and civilian) I worked in IT, as Signal Warrant Officer and received a lot of great technical training. While deployed I earned certification in Six Sigma for managing business processes. I was also able to take project management training through the Army. These are all fairly short courses that can really add to your resume. You also might be surprised how much military training can be translated into civilian terms. Anyhow, glad you are serving and wish the best to you.

Edit: by the way, you might be surprised how military training can earn you college credit at most universities.

There's more than school (although I am using the benefits I earned to finish my masters degree). I didn't focus on college when I was 22. However, later in my military career (and civilian) I worked in IT, as Signal Warrant Officer and received a lot of great technical training. While deployed I earned certification in Six Sigma for managing business processes. I was also able to take project management training through the Army. These are all fairly short courses that can really add to your resume. You also might be surprised how much military training can be translated into civilian terms. Anyhow, glad you are serving and wish the best to you.

Edit: by the way, you might be surprised how military training can earn you college credit at most universities.

I will definitely look into classes like these offered to spouses. Unfortunately for me, I went with infantry of all the jobs offered to me, but I did become a top notch RTO since we didn't have one. Maybe something in the communications industry as I did like working with the radios.

I will definitely look into classes like these offered to spouses. Unfortunately for me, I went with infantry of all the jobs offered to me, but I did become a top notch RTO since we didn't have one. Maybe something in the communications industry as I did like working with the radios.
Don't sell the opportunities in the infantry short. I started as a private in a mortar platoon. Radio comms is a great way to get your foot in the door. Every infantry unit needs good communications support. And the plus side is that there are civilian opportunities that require those same skills. State police units require radio support. So do fire departments. Sorry, I don't mean to harp on the subject, and apologize if I come across that way. I have wasted, and seen others waste, good opportunities.

Don't sell the opportunities in the infantry short. I started as a private in a mortar platoon. Radio comms is a great way to get your foot in the door. Every infantry unit needs good communications support. And the plus side is that there are civilian opportunities that require those same skills. State police units require radio support. So do fire departments. Sorry, I don't mean to harp on the subject, and apologize if I come across that way. I have wasted, and seen others waste, good opportunities.

No you don't sound like that at all! Again that sounds like something I can look into as radio support for emergency services. Thank you for the ideas!

No you don't sound like that at all! Again that sounds like something I can look into as radio support for emergency services. Thank you for the ideas!
Glad to hear that. Feel free to message me if you have any questions in the communications area.

Top Bottom