What's new

April 2017 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail Call! My first Paladin brush; had to wake up at 0230 in the morning to beat off the competition and purchase it!
IMG_1121.JPG
IMG_1122.JPG

Since I began wet shaving, three months ago, the Blackland Blackbird Razor has been my unicorn; until now. Can't wait to use it tonight!
IMG_1126.JPG
IMG_1127.JPG

Mail Call! My first Paladin brush; had to wake up at 0230 in the morning to beat off the competition and purchase it!
View attachment 782016View attachment 782017
Since I began wet shaving, three months ago, the Blackland Blackbird Razor has been my unicorn; until now. Can't wait to use it tonight!
View attachment 782018View attachment 782015

That's a great Paladin. I tried to snag one like it a couple or three releases ago. I kept getting beat to the punch on release day until I managed to get one. Then the next two times I also snapped one up. I don't think three is my limit but I'll probably wait a while.

Fine looking Blackbird. I got one of the first short handled black oxide ones but the black oxide handle has eroded and begun flaking on the cap. Today I received an email from Shane at Blackland. They are sending me a machine finished 85mm replacement. Great customer service. I think I'll buy an open comb base plate. I'm really looking forward to getting the new Blackbird. I've always enjoyed its shave.

Van Der Hagen badger brush at Walmart in the clearance section. $2.90
Other Walmarts in my area seem to be selling at the same price in their clearance isle.

proxy.php

That's a great Paladin. I tried to snag one like it a couple or three releases ago. I kept getting beat to the punch on release day until I managed to get one. Then the next two times I also snapped one up. I don't think three is my limit but I'll probably wait a while.

Fine looking Blackbird. I got one of the first short handled black oxide ones but the black oxide handle has eroded and begun flaking on the cap. Today I received an email from Shane at Blackland. They are sending me a machine finished 85mm replacement. Great customer service. I think I'll buy an open comb base plate. I'm really looking forward to getting the new Blackbird. I've always enjoyed its shave.
Thank you! I had actually bought a 28 mm Cobalt Falstaff from a DFS member. The bubble mailer envelope arrived empty, save the little information card with the picture of the brush. I am still waiting on the claim against my credit card. I woke up super early last week (I live in Italy...7 hours ahead of Central time) and I had it planned out which brush I would go for first. It just so happens that this was the brush that I always wanted; I guess that I deserved it, lol.

I used the Blackbird tonight and found that it's definitely not for beginners. I got a super close shave with it and the Personna Lab Blue that it comes with but I was having trouble getting the angle right. I will get there though!

I think Shane is great when it comes to customer service, speaking of that; I need to send him a message as he wanted me to let him know what I thought of the razor.

Do you plan on buying a Paladin tomorrow? I would like a PK-47 or a Winston. I will wait a bit before grabbing another one. I've got Mervyn Cadman casting some Jade and Malachite colors for me; we'll see how they turn out.

Other Walmarts in my area seem to be selling at the same price in their clearance isle.

proxy.php
That is a great score! I'm going to have to check out my Targets for this one.

NesOne,

It was purchased solely as a travel brush and seems to be decent. It is not the most expensive walmart item but for travel it is better than what I was using.

proxy.php
Awesome score!
I'm going to have to check my Walmart. Thanks for the tip.

I hope you can find one Troy. Keep in mind it won't be on the shaving isle but in the clearance isle and there are TONS of them. I think most people ask themselves "why the heck would I need that.....I use Barbasol" and pass up on the killer deal.

I'll check both places, just in case. I usually do take a quick run through the clearance isle, rarely pays off for me, but I find just enough to keep me checking.

Thank you! I had actually bought a 28 mm Cobalt Falstaff from a DFS member. The bubble mailer envelope arrived empty, save the little information card with the picture of the brush. I am still waiting on the claim against my credit card. I woke up super early last week (I live in Italy...7 hours ahead of Central time) and I had it planned out which brush I would go for first. It just so happens that this was the brush that I always wanted; I guess that I deserved it, lol.

I used the Blackbird tonight and found that it's definitely not for beginners. I got a super close shave with it and the Personna Lab Blue that it comes with but I was having trouble getting the angle right. I will get there though!

I think Shane is great when it comes to customer service, speaking of that; I need to send him a message as he wanted me to let him know what I thought of the razor.

Do you plan on buying a Paladin tomorrow? I would like a PK-47 or a Winston. I will wait a bit before grabbing another one. I've got Mervyn Cadman casting some Jade and Malachite colors for me; we'll see how they turn out.

Hope you get your claim settled soon.

I looked at the offerings and like a couple but probably won't try. I'd like to get a Mervyn Cadman myself along with a Shavemac.

A longer then normal wait since Jay has been covered up but totally happy with the process and special attention to get me a birth year and quarter Slim Adjustable for me in "Cubano Edition" colors. Pictures don't do it justice. Can't bring myself to use it yet since I have another Slim Adjustable but I will next week.
004.JPG
005.JPG

I scored 2 refurbishments this weekend. This is just half of it, I plan on making a bigger post later. I have a Gillette Slim replated in black rhodium with white numbers and a red indicator from Razorplate, and a Gillette red-tip superspeed redone in black/deep purple from deltaecho...

proxy.php

Today I received Chatillon Lux 2017 Limited Edition Blackberry Blossom Bay Aftershave and matching L&L Grooming Shave Soap. I will need to try them soon this week. I usually like to try new soaps on the weekend to spend more time with them and experiment a bit, but I may break these in sooner. I am not sure the scent is for me, but I learned to lather and try soaps before passing judgement. This is my first Bay Rum based scent so I am really interested in seeing how I will like it.
Steve

IMG_5142.jpg

IMG_5145.jpg

IMG_5143.jpg

Had a bunch of stuff coming in and they all showed up today! WD amber 22mm brush handle, the Pearl SBF-11 (a razor that will never be mistaken for a Gillette Black Handle Sheraton), and one and a half Durham safety razor (my final attempt at trying to get a good shave from a Durham).

DSC01452.JPG

I scored 2 refurbishments this weekend. This is just half of it, I plan on making a bigger post later. I have a Gillette Slim replated in black rhodium with white numbers and a red indicator from Razorplate, and a Gillette red-tip superspeed redone in black/deep purple from deltaecho...

proxy.php

Sweet looking razors!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom