What's new

Perfect Cologne for Church?

Just out of pure wonder, I am pondering if any of our church going Badgers wear cologne? If so, what do you feel is most appropriate?

I was considering purchasing a bottle of either Floris 89, Douro, Blenheim Bouquet, or Truefitt and Hill's Grafton. In my mind, cologne for ecclesiastical functions should be rather subdued, and these are some of the most formal, unobtrusive scents I have.

I don't have a particular cologne for church, but I tend to apply a bit less when going to church than I might apply for Saturday nite on the town. Last Sunday it was DR Harris Traditional Cologne.

I haven't delved into the scent world too much, however i went to church last weekend and made it a point to wear alt-innsbruck AS. it is really sharp and ripe, and seemed suitable for the occation.

Just out of pure wonder, I am pondering if any of our church going Badgers wear cologne? If so, what do you feel is most appropriate?

I was considering purchasing a bottle of either Floris 89, Douro, Blenheim Bouquet, or Truefitt and Hill's Grafton. In my mind, cologne for ecclesiastical functions should be rather subdued, and these are some of the most formal, unobtrusive scents I have.

What's wrong with a good 10 year old single malt?:tongue_sm

L'Occitane, Eau De Baux... smells like wood & incense... as I recall, you're Orthodox, so it should fit right in. :w00t:

... In my mind, cologne for ecclesiastical functions should be rather subdued, and these are some of the most formal, unobtrusive scents I have.
I think you've put your finger on it. And the least obtrusive scent would be none at all, which I'd suggest is what's most appropriate for a house of worship. More than once I've been driven to distraction by obtrusive scents. It's not as tho' someone can avert their nose if the need arises.

Just sayin' ... .

I usually wear something subtle and light. Usually it's Floris Special 127, Taylors Victorian Limes or Acca Kappa White Moss.

I do not have a special edt for church, but I cansee how an insence edt may be apropriate. 2 man and Tumulte are my two favorite. Domenico caraceni could work well too.

Top Bottom