What's new

Front Pocket Wallets

My chiropractor has recently told me to stop carrying wallets in my back pocket, as I have been having a lot of lower back and pelvis issues.

I've started carrying a front pocket wallet, which is a new experience, but it is growing on me fast. You are limited in the amount of cards you can carry, but everything just kind of disappears in your front pocket. I've caught myself freaking out a couple of times, thinking I've lost my wallet, before realizing it was in my front pocket all along.

I'm carrying one of the models from Rogue Industries, available on Amazon US. Holds 8 or 9 cards plus cash, is very slim, RFID shielded, and is cut to mimic the shape of your pants pocket. Loving it so far, though I don't know how well it will hold up.

Has anyone else tried a front pocket wallet, and if so what is your experience? Any brands to avoid or to look for?

I use the Saddleback fp wallet, but carry it in my back pocket anyway. I still "panic" looking for it while it's in my pocket. I don't blame the wallet for this, any more . . . .

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Front Pocket Wallet is a good idea.

In it I carry my second debit card.

It's also good for carrying my bus card, which I don't use often.

I have two of these small wallets, and each one is only about $4.00.

Here is the Rogue Industries model that I am carrying. They make a bunch of leather models, but I chose the ballistic nylon model. It has a leather interior, cash slot, three card slots, and a license window. I just counted, and I have 8 card plus my license in it, plus some cash. It is about maxed out at that load.

Attachments

• $roguefp.jpg
    $roguefp.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 243

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
My chiropractor has recently told me to stop carrying wallets in my back pocket, as I have been having a lot of lower back and pelvis issues.

I've started carrying a front pocket wallet, which is a new experience, but it is growing on me fast. You are limited in the amount of cards you can carry, but everything just kind of disappears in your front pocket. I've caught myself freaking out a couple of times, thinking I've lost my wallet, before realizing it was in my front pocket all along.

I'm carrying one of the models from Rogue Industries, available on Amazon US. Holds 8 or 9 cards plus cash, is very slim, RFID shielded, and is cut to mimic the shape of your pants pocket. Loving it so far, though I don't know how well it will hold up.

Has anyone else tried a front pocket wallet, and if so what is your experience? Any brands to avoid or to look for?

Over 15 years ago I received a Rogue front pocket wallet in salmon skin that made me slim down what I carried. It started getting pretty weathered-looking last year, though still functionally intact, so I picked up another in baseball glove leather, which is just a hair thicker than the salmon skin. I carry it both front (shorts or dress pants) and back (jeans usually) and will never go back to a conventional square thick wallet. I need to carry 5 cards/licenses/permits, and it still runs maybe a third of an inch thick.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I just carry a money clip in my front pocket, and I've been doing that for a good ten years or so. It carries the cards and cash that I need.

I have an ezgo Slim 2.0 Occasionally it is a a minor hassle getting cards out or cash back in but that is more than outweighed by not having the lump of a traditional wallet in my pocket.
IME ezgo does over estimate the number of cards and or bills the Slim will carry. I find it will hold about four or five cards at most (ezgo says six to eight) and about twelve to fifteen bills (ezgo claims twenty).
Anyone have a suggestion for a nice but not overly large checkbook cover?

About 5 years ago I purchased a front-pocket wallet from WalMart (leather, ~$8). Works great. Thought I might have a problem cutting down on all the stuff I used to carry. Now, I can't imagine lugging all that extra around. Would never go back.

I've never carried a wallet anywhere else except for my front pocket - it's very hard for a pickpocket to steal it without attracting attention
Because I walk on crutches, I keep my wallet chained to my belt loop, the extra security is a bonus - the chain is primarily to make it easier to pick my wallet up if I drop it
It's just a cheap wallet I got on eBay, the €200 design is probably the closest I'll come to having a wad of €200 notes in my pocket !!
I clip my keys to my belt for the same reason

$20161229_101308.jpg

About 5 years ago I purchased a front-pocket wallet from WalMart (leather, ~$8). Works great. Thought I might have a problem cutting down on all the stuff I used to carry. Now, I can't imagine lugging all that extra around. Would never go back.
This. Back issues forced my change to the front pocket as well, and Walmart was the best option. I do like that one shaped like the front pocket and may have to check it out.

I used to have one from SwissGear that was almost perfect, but it's completely worn out and I don't think they make that model anymore. I've had a heck of a time finding one I like to replace it. In the meantime, I'm using the multi-pocket bifold wallet from Big Skinny in nylon. It pretty much disappears in my back pocket and is thin enough that I don't really notice it. I'd still rather have a front pocket wallet, but this one works well enough for now.

I found a Tumi for about $25 at an outlet store. It has card pockets, a center pocket, and a money clip on one side. I've been using it for about 10 years, and it still looks new enough. I don't think I'll ever go back to a back pocket wallet.

I'm a Rogue Industries guy as well. I went with the buffalo, IIRC, as my daily driver for a few years now, and at the same time bought a deerskin as a back up. These have the foil, or whatever it is, to shield your credit cards from scanners that could pick up your info. Wears great and very comfortable. Notice it is shaped to fit a front pocket specifically. :thumbup:

$P1020352.jpg

I have been looking for a new wallet and after reading the reviews on this thread I went ahead and ordered The Rogue Industries 6 slot bison. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you gentlemen.
I'm a Rogue Industries guy as well. I went with the buffalo, IIRC, as my daily driver for a few years now, and at the same time bought a deerskin as a back up. These have the foil, or whatever it is, to shield your credit cards from scanners that could pick up your info. Wears great and very comfortable. Notice it is shaped to fit a front pocket specifically. :thumbup:

View attachment 712549

I carry my wallet up front but it's not a special wallet.These days I'm usually wearing pants that have regular front pockets and then cargo pockets below that. That's where I carry my wallet and cell phone.

When I used to wear suits to work I would carry the same wallet but put in in the inside pocket of my jacket. When I'm not in a suit or wearing pants with cargo pockets I still carry it in the back pocket but that's seldom these days. Except now the "panic" is when I feel in front and don't touch a wallet and then I have to remember to check in back. :)

I have been looking for a new wallet and after reading the reviews on this thread I went ahead and ordered The Rogue Industries 6 slot bison. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you gentlemen.

I'm tempted by the rogue as well as I'm in the market for a news wallet as well. Their international model is on sale too. I'm a sucker for something quality that's on sale :)

I had a Rogue wallet for years and liked it fine. Then I ran into one of these on vacation and well, you have to bring SOMEthing back from vacation so I got it. For me, it works better than the Rogue simply because it is smaller. This is sold as being for business cards but it carries all I need and has room left over. The best part is the pull tab that produces the contents with a short tug.

https://bellroy.com/products/card-sleeve-wallet/charcoal

I carry it in one front pocket and cash in the other front pocket. Although I use cash less and less these days. Between getting points back on the cc and the convenience of Apple Pay there just isn't much need for cash other than tipping.

Last edited:
Top Bottom