What's new

Cien 2 blade razor

First off, I am not an adventurous shaver, I have been using Gillette Mach 3 and Mach 3 turbo razors for some years, before that I used Wilkinson 3 blade razors and they were fine. My priorites were a shaving system that was easy to use and keep clean, that didnt cut me at all and produced a shave that was as close as possible. I like the nostalgia of using a good DE blade but the last time I did my neck looked like a butchers shop window display and I could not wear a shirt and tie for work, unless I could find a white shirt with red spots - and that is not going to happen.

The only thing that I didnt really like about the Gillette mach 3 was the price, even shopping around the best I found was around £5 for four blades.

I was in Lidl in Homfirth in West Yorkshire, where Last of the Summer Wine was filmed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZjMw2bHRhY

I went into a Lidl supermarket and $Cien 2 blade razor.jpgwas tempted to buy this Cien razor and 20 blades all for the price of under £3.

I was not expecting very much for this price and the razor itself is not the quality of a Gillette, but it does the job. The blades are perfect, they achieve all that the Mach 3 can do for me, possibly even a closer shave, no cuts and no problems. There is enough flex in the razor to move over my craggy skin without an issue.

Finally, the 2 blade head is easy to wash through.

I can recommend the Cien for all those who want a low priced option.

I think these are feintechnik's razors but rebranded just as harry's and kaufland razors, I have the same handle but in red. My expirience is different than yours, but it's a YMMW.

Sorry to hear that Bookie. I have now had six shaves with a Cien blade and I have no complaints. The results are a problem free shave, very close, no cuts and no rash. In my experience, the blades are as good as Gillette Mach 3 for 1/5th of the price.

Sorry to hear that Bookie. I have now had six shaves with a Cien blade and I have no complaints. The results are a problem free shave, very close, no cuts and no rash. In my experience, the blades are as good as Gillette Mach 3 for 1/5th of the price.
And that is the most important thing, to find a right combination, same goes for other products. It's always a YMMW. If you like mach 3 you can buy one pack and use them occasionaly. My regular every day razors are now Wilkinson sensitive extra 2 but I also shave with a proglide if I want a closer shave.

Last edited:
Congratulations on finding a good (and cheap) solution to the age old art of shaving...

and Last of the Summer Wine is one of my favorite series... Love those guys and their shenanigans...

Thanks for that info. I've heard conflicting data as to who manufactured it (Lord or Dorco). I'll stay away from it as I loathe everything that comes out of that factory.
I view Feintechnik as every other factory, but I can't forgive them that they've stopped producing a 3 blade razor called Challenger. That thing was great.

Continued using the blade, almost 20 shaves now on the original blade and I remain very saitisfied with the purchase, the blades performance is better than my previously preferred favourite the Gillete Mach 3.

I would prefer a metal handle given the choice and have tried the bades in Wilkinson, Fusion and Mach 3 handles and they dont fit. However for the price and performance I cannot complain.

Last edited:
Continued using the blade, almost 20 shaves now on the original blade and I remain very saitisfied with the purchase, the blades performance is better than my previously preferred favourite the Gillete Mach 3.

I would prefer a metal handle given the choice and have tried the bades in Wilkinson, Fusion and Mach 3 handles and they dont fit. However for the price and performance I cannot complain.

maybe gillette tra handle could fit. The heads of both look almost the same.

edit: no these are not the same, too bad

OP do you have kaufland near by? You can check for feintechnik challenger 3 if they keep it there and use the handle with a stand. I found that plastic handle with metal strip on the top is very nice, way better than 2 blade handle and cartridges are compatible.

Last edited:
maybe gillette tra handle could fit. The heads of both look almost the same.

edit: no these are not the same, too bad

OP do you have kaufland near by? You can check for feintechnik challenger 3 if they keep it there and use the handle with a stand. I found that plastic handle with metal strip on the top is very nice, way better than 2 blade handle and cartridges are compatible.

Thank you Bookie, Kaufland is not a name I know, I see that it is a German hypermarket chain which owns Lidl.

Thank you Bookie, Kaufland is not a name I know, I see that it is a German hypermarket chain which owns Lidl.
I did not know that, but we have both over here. Problem with Lidl is that it does not hold any razors other than their brand and they do no sell DE blades
Other supermarkets and even local small markets hold at least 2 different DE blades manufactureres

Last edited:

Not exactly... Schwarz Gruppe owns both Lidl & Kaufland & the store chain Handelshof.Lidl as a brand name is way older than Kaufland.

It is (the Schwaz Group) the fifth-largest retailer in the world.

Not exactly... Schwarz Gruppe owns both Lidl & Kaufland & the store chain Handelshof.Lidl as a brand name is way older than Kaufland.

It is (the Schwaz Group) the fifth-largest retailer in the world.
No wonder since it has supermarkets all over Europe. I'm trying to avoid both, too much imported procucts with very bad quality, few weeks ago we had big affair over meat contaminated with salmonella, and one 5 year old boy died unfortunatly, since country has terrible control tests on imported food and wine while domestic producers have to do numerous tests if they want be able to produce their products.

Last edited:
So I gave it a one more try and now I have mixed feelings about it.
Verdict; close shave DFS 2 passes, bad side terrible irritation and razor burn

Does anyone know if the Lidl Cien 2 blade cassette fits any other make of handle? The release button on the handle is just so flimsy.

I think they're rebranded Personna razors - like the one's in Aldi

For a few years I used a supermarket 3 blader - replacement cartridges were available in Morrisons, Asda and Tesco.

Then each of these chains discontinued them around the same time and left me high and dry (no pun intended) for wet shaving.

Fortunately, after trawling around on the internet I discovered they were Personna Matrix 3 under own brand names.

Matrix 3 Razors | 3 Blade Razor

Whose very helpful customer services advised that this was still marketed in the UK as the ALDI own brand

3 Blade Razor Shaving System

Worth trying at this price, I find it gives good results - and there is also a disposable variety in Wilkos I believe.

Top Bottom