What's new

No mention November?

[MENTION=111680]Wiwicks[/MENTION] I do not think my beard will be good looking, my whiskers are "fat" but I do not think beard is dense enough. Problem could be mustache area, but easiest thing to do would be to shave it.
All this years I was trying to grow a beard during november but my mind was weak, now I'm only left with unopened disposables ST2 and I don not have mach 3 or fusion cartridges and my de's are gone.

Sorry @August West I didn't mean to intrude on your already started thread. I just checked the "new post section and didn't see any up about it, so I started one. Apologies, all credit to you. Thanks for the link.
@KeenDogg - Im with you there. I do not have much growth AND it doesn't come in very fast, so I am not even sure if I can grow a real beard, I've just never tried, and never in my life gone a month without trimming what was on my face before I started shaving. Doesn't mean you can't get in on this action with me! @Zach - Why didn't it go well when you put everything away honed and ready for when you would shave? Because that is the approach I was going to take. I stropped and oiled my straights, and was not going to mess with them until it was time to shave again. What went wrong? Did they dull just by sitting?? should I strop them on a semi-regular basis as I would with normal shaving? Please let me know, or PM me with the info. @Bookie - Atta-boy!! I don't blame you with not posting your pictures online, the world is insane now. Someone is probably making a mask of my face right now and going to steal my identity. Better take my marker off the member map, lol. But I figured, oh well, can't be much different than having a picture of myself on my profile. What type of beard do you think you'll have at the end of the month?

No need to apologize. We always welcome new threads. I just posted it hoping to add to the conversation.

Happy Bearding!

Sorry [MENTION=93450]Zach[/MENTION] - Why didn't it go well when you put everything away honed and ready for when you would shave? Because that is the approach I was going to take. I stropped and oiled my straights, and was not going to mess with them until it was time to shave again. What went wrong? Did they dull just by sitting?? should I strop them on a semi-regular basis as I would with normal shaving? Please let me know, or PM me with the info. [MENTION=92126]Bookie[/MENTION] - Atta-boy!! I don't blame you with not posting your pictures online, the world is insane now. Someone is probably making a mask of my face right now and going to steal my identity. Better take my marker off the member map, lol. But I figured, oh well, can't be much different than having a picture of myself on my profile. What type of beard do you think you'll have at the end of the month?

Ha! I guess I was unclear. It did not go well because after I had honed and stropped all my razors I just *had* to try shaving with one. At that point I was also experimenting with finishing with lather on the coti, so the sensory stimulant of the lather-making process didn’t help. Shaved off 3 weeks growth right then and there. It was pretty funny because I had been really opened at work about growing a big beard that year and then I showed up without one. Just put your razors away and try to forget about them; as long as you oil them you shouldn’t have to touch them, and you may not even need to oil them; that’s just some old B&B wisdom I had lying around in my brain and it seems like the right thing to do.

Novembeard is just for the month rather than a winter beard. To me no shave November is a competition to who can become the beardliest in a single month.

I may join you. I have to call the courthouse tomorrow night to see if I'm called for jury duty. IF I don't have to be presentable for court I'll shave Halloween night and refrain until the first of December .

Four weeks will be about the longest I've ever let it grow. Won't be easy with all those goodies waiting on me in my shave drawer/cabinet. :sob:

[MENTION=111680]Wiwicks[/MENTION]

Depending on what the outcome of our "meeting" at work is tomorrow... I might be in. Last year we had a competition going with my plant manager. He's always clean shaven and seeing him grow a beard was kind of funny. While I don't have a requirement to shave (a lot of guys at work have a beard and my department manager shaves maybe once a week with clippers...). Ill let you know if I'm in...

[MENTION=110569]Catalinbread[/MENTION] and [MENTION=105935]Quink[/MENTION] - Yes! Thanks guys. It would be nice to have some in it with me. I've never done it before, so I'm also trying to learn and stock up on growth promoting materials. Not anything heavy duty, just moisturizers, beard oils, stuff that keeps it healthy. I'm on day 3 and already feel the itch beginning, but a big no-no is actually scratching it. So I just stroke where the itch is or rub some oil/moisturizer on it to quell the call of my bladed beauties. One thing that is really going to make this difficult, is that somewhere in the next couple weeks, I should be getting my restored Wade&Butcher back. It was an ebay gem. $15 shipped and looked shave ready when I got it. Just a little petina (which I like, but would like to start fresh and have MY petina on it) and the handles were serviceable but I figured the ole gal deserved to be brought back to life for another lifetime with some blonde marbled buffalo horn. So that will come in and just be sitting until it's time to shave!! That will be killing me, but I think I will just shave my chest/stomach as a vice until I can get back at my face. Thanks for the replies!

[MENTION=92126]Bookie[/MENTION] - What happened to your DEs or your shave den? Wife get crazy? Are you saying you don't have any shave tackle? :blink:

[MENTION=93450]Zach[/MENTION] - Oh ok, that makes much more sense. I thought you meant they didn't store well and something happened to them. I'll admit that scared me enough to make a mental note to check for your reply first once I got the chance, because that was exactly what I was planning on doing and I thought my den was in danger, lol. Thanks for the clarity. If I knew how to hone, I would probably only have patches of hair all over my body, including my head, from trying out all of my work. It's a dangerously cool hobby/talent. I plan on trying to take it up soon.

I'm in! I had a full beard since 10th grade then shaved it to a goatee when I met my wife and a few months ago I re-discovered the joys of shaving and went clean shaven. It will be fun to see how grey the facial hair has become I can only imagine! Shall we post pictures of the process or before/after? Shall we support each other with tips and tricks for keeping the fuzz and skin beneath healthy? I remember having dry flaky skin when I had facial hair...

@Bookie - What happened to your DEs or your shave den? Wife get crazy? Are you saying you don't have any shave tackle? :blink:
Well I do not have wife, and "the-one-I-used-to-love" said DEs seem to complicated
I dropped one razor, head got slanted, another is made from pot metal so it's almost gone (blade exposure is uneven because bottom plate "dances"-moves)
Reason to order something, but after this thing is over. Maybe I'll keep the beard so I'll need to shave my neck
Oh and not-shaving has started for me :thumbup:

Last edited:
@Catalinbread and @Quink - Yes! Thanks guys. It would be nice to have some in it with me. I've never done it before, so I'm also trying to learn and stock up on growth promoting materials. Not anything heavy duty, just moisturizers, beard oils, stuff that keeps it healthy. I'm on day 3 and already feel the itch beginning, but a big no-no is actually scratching it. So I just stroke where the itch is or rub some oil/moisturizer on it to quell the call of my bladed beauties. One thing that is really going to make this difficult, is that somewhere in the next couple weeks, I should be getting my restored Wade&Butcher back. It was an ebay gem. $15 shipped and looked shave ready when I got it. Just a little petina (which I like, but would like to start fresh and have MY petina on it) and the handles were serviceable but I figured the ole gal deserved to be brought back to life for another lifetime with some blonde marbled buffalo horn. So that will come in and just be sitting until it's time to shave!! That will be killing me, but I think I will just shave my chest/stomach as a vice until I can get back at my face. Thanks for the replies!

No problem... Tip from some of the beard growers here at work. After washing... apply conditioner (use the LOTH's). That helps some with the itch. Regarding the W&B... that sucks:laugh:. But I'd call the guy that's restoring and ask if he can hold it for you until the end of the month... then when it comes in at the end of November you can have at it right out of the box... maybe have him put on new scales if need be... he now has some time!!:tongue_sm Just a thought

I participated in the No Shave November thing last year and raised money because of it. The money was raised and submitted to charity for the purpose of investing in cancer research and providing free information and services to cancer patients and their caregivers. I raised over $1,000. It's a good cause. I'd gladly forego shaving if it helps find a cure for cancer.

I won't be joining in on NOvember. My beard is sort of patchy and comes in a mix of brown and grey. Bottom line, it doesn't looks so good. Plus, my profession (banking/real estate/wealth management) pretty much expects a clean shaven look. I did enjoy OCtober though.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm strongly considering it. I did it a couple of years ago (right before I formally joined B&B), and it drove me a bit crazy because that's when I wanted to start DE shaving. Last year, I just didn't want to give it up. This year, I think I can manage.

Today is the day to decide!

I have spent the majority of my life clean shaven (mostly) a few days to a week at the most. As a Teen/young adult, I stayed clean shaven because my dad has an aversion to facial hair for some reason... When I was in my mid 30's I had a couple of weeks where I did not have to leave my home office for work. At that time I was shaving with a cart and it was a task to endure when I had to look presentable... I let my beard go. Ended up keeping it for a couple of years. I enjoyed having it. My dad managed to let his hang ups go. On a whim I shaved it off and then a few weeks later I found DE Shaving and have been clean shaven for the last year.

I don't work in an office any more (Home Office based corporate trainer) so there is no fundraiser or awareness program for me to be involved with or to which I can contribute, so I choose to stay clean shaven. Besides that the way the no shave November goes around here you can't have a beard you can have a mustache and goatee, and mutton chops but nothing can be connected. If I only do the mustache I look like a creep so I just don't do it...

Top Bottom