What's new

Schick type E

But wait..... The L's. Liking these a lot. Never thought I'd get past the E's. Pleasant surprise. Ei s still the tops in my rotation(whatever the heck that is)
$P1100034.jpg

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Comparison.
I have been using Schick HydroMagics for some time. I recently bought an E2 in great condition (see post# 350). After 2 shaves with the E2 I can tell it shaves a little closer than my I2s which have a similar handle shape. Great shaves from both; Easy to use and clean.

I found an E on Etsy that was in nice looking condition, complete with a case, and got the seller to come down to what I thought was a pretty reasonable price. It's got the irregular lines on the guard, which I believe makes it an E2. Or 3. Someone will know.

$P1000683.jpg$P1000685.jpg$P1000687.jpg

I got some Chick blades last week and had my first shave with it Saturday. I had read a couple posts suggesting that this razor is aggressive. That's good; I like an efficient shave. But does it make sense to call a pussycat aggressive? It was so smooth against my skin I'd almost have to call it soft. And the shave was completely free of irritation, and ranked on the SWMBO snuggleometer as equal to or above the Cobra for closeness. Now that is saying something.

I found an E on Etsy that was in nice looking condition, complete with a case, and got the seller to come down to what I thought was a pretty reasonable price. It's got the irregular lines on the guard, which I believe makes it an E2. Or 3. Someone will know.

View attachment 490600View attachment 490601View attachment 490602

I got some Chick blades last week and had my first shave with it Saturday. I had read a couple posts suggesting that this razor is aggressive. That's good; I like an efficient shave. But does it make sense to call a pussycat aggressive? It was so smooth against my skin I'd almost have to call it soft. And the shave was completely free of irritation, and ranked on the SWMBO snuggleometer as equal to or above the Cobra for closeness. Now that is saying something.

Super! And it's a very nice one too! Amazing how smooth they are. Yup, it's an E-2, my favorite! Enjoy your shaves!!

I picked up an E-3 recently, next week I found some blades at a grocery store. Now I have to stop using my Ever-Ready 1912 long enough to try it. I'm really liking the 1912.

I just received my first E-type injector last night. I managed to get it cleaned up and ready to use first thing this morning. First off, I have to admit that I did not have good preparation. I had to get my wife and kids off to work and school this AM (working from home on Tuesdays), so I ran out of the house after a quick shower. When I got back, I just did a hot towel and went to work with the E. The first pass was...meh. But it was smooth. Then I did the second pass and was... done?! I'm not sure what happened on that second pass, but this is simply the most efficient instrument I've used (I was impressed with the 1912, but this is one notch higher). A couple of touch ups, some Fine Italian Citrus and ready for the day!

Hard to believe that an $7.50 eBay find can give such a great shave!

Its hard to beat an injector shave, and their cost is sooo reasonable, compared to other vintage razors. Sure, the blades cost more, but they last so much longer than other blades. I got 25 shaves on a Chick, and I have just finished shave 28 on a Personna 74, and its still going strong. I think I'll easily surpass 30 very good shaves with it.

Since the beginning of October 2015, I've been hooked on Injectors. My first was a near mint E2 (it opens) then in December I picked up an N1. The E is a great shave. It is supposed to be aggressive, but I haven't found it so. It is, however, very efficient. The N is, as mentioned many times quite mild, but it does give me, at least, very nice shaves.
On a whim, I purchased a NOS Personna Injector from the great auction site. The dummy blade was sort of rusted in but a 20 minute soak in water and a Polident tab, quickly loosened it up. I've been shaving with it for a week now. The Personna is, to me, a very nice razor. It falls somewhere between the E and N in the mildness scale, probably slightly closer to the N, but I can get a CCS shave very quickly with it.
I really haven't used a DE since October. I don't know which I like better. So, I figure I'm going to have a three razor rotation: a week each E2, then Personna, and then the N1.
Here are my Injectors:
$P1060981.jpg$P1060982.jpg

Since the beginning of October 2015, I've been hooked on Injectors. My first was a near mint E2 (it opens) then in December I picked up an N1. The E is a great shave. It is supposed to be aggressive, but I haven't found it so. It is, however, very efficient. The N is, as mentioned many times quite mild, but it does give me, at least, very nice shaves.
On a whim, I purchased a NOS Personna Injector from the great auction site. The dummy blade was sort of rusted in but a 20 minute soak in water and a Polident tab, quickly loosened it up. I've been shaving with it for a week now. The Personna is, to me, a very nice razor. It falls somewhere between the E and N in the mildness scale, probably slightly closer to the N, but I can get a CCS shave very quickly with it.
I really haven't used a DE since October. I don't know which I like better. So, I figure I'm going to have a three razor rotation: a week each E2, then Personna, and then the N1.
Here are my Injectors:
View attachment 634860View attachment 634861
Nice. I really like the looks of the Persona. I am patiently waiting until I can add the Persona Adjustable to my collection.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Wow these E and G razors can be tough to ID. According to the guide on safetyrazors.net one of my injectors doesn't exist. I has supposed that both were E types but it seems one is a G type because the butterscotch handle has a visible seam. Guard bar has parallel grooves. Spring is held in place by a tab in the base plate that sticks through a notch in the end of the spring. It would take some doing to pry it off the tab and swing it open. Two patent numbers, the ones the guide gives for G type. I am calling this one a G1 and it shaves quite nicely. Very pleasant to use, doesnt even feel like it has a blade in it, but a single pass does a very close shave, DFS I would call it.

The other one I want to call an E type of some kind. It is marked patent # 1806087 I believe, and also visible are the words "OTHER" and "pending". The spring is flat and has tabs or flaps or ears whatever you wanna call them blocking the interior of the hump in the spring. The end of the spring is held by a tab that fits in a notch in the center of the end, like the G type. The guide says parallel grooves in the bar came out in the E3 model, and mine has grooves. With the E4 it says side flaps were removed from the spring, so that makes this an E3, right? Except it also says that E2 to E5 have the spring fixed in place at the sides. Mine appears to only be fixed in place at the end. Am I reading this wrong?

It appears that one blade retention tab is broken off from the supposed E? model, leaving only a stub that does not hold the blade securely. I just discovered that, when I noticed that the blade was not perfectly straight. So no biggie if I can't identify it. I will probably toss it if I can't get it to hold the blade better. Still, this has me puzzled. Can anybody shed some light?

I do like the looks of these butterscotch E's and G's, though. I think they are the best looking design of the entire line. I do wish the G did not have a visible seam, though.

Wow these E and G razors can be tough to ID. According to the guide on safetyrazors.net one of my injectors doesn't exist. I has supposed that both were E types but it seems one is a G type because the butterscotch handle has a visible seam. Guard bar has parallel grooves. Spring is held in place by a tab in the base plate that sticks through a notch in the end of the spring. It would take some doing to pry it off the tab and swing it open. Two patent numbers, the ones the guide gives for G type. I am calling this one a G1 and it shaves quite nicely. Very pleasant to use, doesnt even feel like it has a blade in it, but a single pass does a very close shave, DFS I would call it.

The other one I want to call an E type of some kind. It is marked patent # 1806087 I believe, and also visible are the words "OTHER" and "pending". The spring is flat and has tabs or flaps or ears whatever you wanna call them blocking the interior of the hump in the spring. The end of the spring is held by a tab that fits in a notch in the center of the end, like the G type. The guide says parallel grooves in the bar came out in the E3 model, and mine has grooves. With the E4 it says side flaps were removed from the spring, so that makes this an E3, right? Except it also says that E2 to E5 have the spring fixed in place at the sides. Mine appears to only be fixed in place at the end. Am I reading this wrong?

It appears that one blade retention tab is broken off from the supposed E? model, leaving only a stub that does not hold the blade securely. I just discovered that, when I noticed that the blade was not perfectly straight. So no biggie if I can't identify it. I will probably toss it if I can't get it to hold the blade better. Still, this has me puzzled. Can anybody shed some light?

I do like the looks of these butterscotch E's and G's, though. I think they are the best looking design of the entire line. I do wish the G did not have a visible seam, though.
Got photos?

Yeah..Thats a G 1 with the Butterscotch Seamed handle..It does exist..That other one is a Type E 3 with the lugs on the spring & grooved comb..The E 3 is a lot milder than the early Type Es..None of these two injectors are meant to open..:thumbup1:

Billy

Top Bottom