What's new

Mr. Bingle Presents: The Second Annual Reindeer & Sleigh Holiday Gift Exchange!

proxy.php

Finally got home and got a pic ... My Bingle buddy did something really cool and gave me four different things.
1. Something I wanted: Fine L'orange Noir A/S.
2. Something to give a friend: Italian Barber Amici shave soap
3. Something he liked: Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood shave cream
4. Something you can't find: Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna shave cream.

Aong with two Maggard Soap samples ...

The Sienna smells amazing ... Apparently it's discontinued? And the Sandalwood smells good too. My first experience with Sandalwood was Proraso red and I wasn't impressed, so I'm eager to try it. Plus I'm generally a soap guy, who started out using creams, so I'm eager to give creams another try.

Again, my most heartfelt thanks to my buddy! Still not sure who it is, but I might do a little sleuthing unless he comes forward.

This was a really great time ... Thanks so much!

I tried out the black tea peddal Pushers soap. It has a very nice mellow scent once lathered up. It took a bit of work to lather and I have learned it isn't as thirsty of soap as some of my others. It has a nice glide to it and the lather was never ending once it was whipped up!

I got a chance to try out my new WD Synth brush and Tiki the Captain. Both were top notch. The WD Synth is a dream and The Captain smells sublime and performs incredibly. What a great shave!

The bad news - I got to try Captain's Choice Lime soap yesterday, and while it smells lovely, it caused some irritation (my face is sensitive and I have this happen a lot - no way for anyone to know about this - I was very excited to get this soap)

Thanks again Bingle Buddy. You did a great job. How great? I was thinking about it, and if someone had given me some money to spend on shaving gear a few weeks ago, I think I would have purchased exactly what I received. I've actually had both of those soaps and this brush in my shopping cart in the last few months. Nice stalking! :)

I tried out the black tea peddal Pushers soap. It has a very nice mellow scent once lathered up. It took a bit of work to lather and I have learned it isn't as thirsty of soap as some of my others. It has a nice glide to it and the lather was never ending once it was whipped up!

I love the scent on that soap, but it caused me irritation so I had to let it go. I've never run across a scent even close - it's very unique.

Here's my full haul:

$FB_IMG_1451180725330.jpg

Captain's Choice lather bowl, PAA Dapper Doc's AS & Soap - In-laws
Filarmonica 14 Medallon Taurino Capote - Bingle Buddy
Birth Year/Quarter Super Adjustable - SWMBO
Custom Jerry Stark Steampunk Straight - Mom

I'm still going through all the videos and pictures. I must say, you folks, once again, amazed me by going above and beyond all expectations! Santa is much pleased!!

So, to make up for the poor attempt at a countdown this year, I'm going to do something a little extra. As you may know, the traditional "Twelve Days of Christmas" began on Christmas Day. Though I'm a day late, and a dollar short, I've decided to begin today... from a bit of a different perspective.

It is told from the perspective of Monsieur Beaudreaux's jolie catin.

Day 1:

Dear Boudreaux,
Thanks for de bird in de Pear tree.
I fix it las' night with dirty rice. I doan tink de pear tree will grow in
de swamp, so I swap it for a Satsuma.

I had a great Christmas shave today. My new Simpson brush and some TOBS sandalwood (I have been out of sandalwood for months)! The brush! WOW! What a pleasure! I topped it off with some Pinaud Bayrum and I am feeling very sophisticated as my wife and I prep for our Christmas dinner.

I have a real name for my bingle buddy but have no clue what thier user name is. I would like to send a personal thank you if you could contact me. In my hast I threw the box out with the return address.

I'm so glad you liked everything! I thought for sure I put my username in the note, but there were a lot of things I wanted to write that I didn't have time or space for. [emoji12]

I hope you'll enjoy it all for a long time.

So I finally got around to using several of my Bingle gifts. I am now a big fan of shavettes and the scuttle is the s!@#. I never had so much lather so quickly before. It was a wonderful shave tonight and makes we wish I grew facial fur quicker so I could shave again tomorrow. Thank you again Bingle Buddy, you are the man/woman.

I am loving everyone's videos and pictures and their reports on using their Bingle gifts. This was such a fun experience for me and willing I will be back again next year to enjoy another Bingle Day.

As promised, here is my video. Apologies to Mike, in my excitement, I completely forgot to start with your card. Your note was lovely, and in my nervousness being on camera, I couldn't decide whether to read it on the video or not. The whole thing was awkward and dorky, but after watching some of the other videos, I don't feel so bad! :lol:

I was blown away by your generosity, and will enjoy all of these terrific items for quite a while!

To add to my awkwardness, I was still a bit stunned by the gift my wife and inlaws gave me.... my first handgun! My wife filmed my reaction, and she has about 3 minutes of me staring at her with my mouth open!

Oh! I almost forgot. In honor of all the unboxing being done in our videos, I need to tag [MENTION=8775]captp[/MENTION], since I know how much he loves unboxing videos!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have been enjoying my teas that my Bingle buddy gave me. Whom that is a mystery yet! I have started in on both my soaps with the vie-long brush. All three performed wonderfully and added to the wonderful shaves I have had. Now onto the creams!

I thank you so much Bingle Buddy! Your gift was far beyond what I could of expected.

Thank you Mr. Bingle and helpers for organizing this exchange. It has clearly brought a lot of joy to all our seasons!

Monte

As promised, here is my video. Apologies to Mike, in my excitement, I completely forgot to start with your card. Your note was lovely, and in my nervousness being on camera, I couldn't decide whether to read it on the video or not. The whole thing was awkward and dorky, but after watching some of the other videos, I don't feel so bad! [emoji38]

I was blown away by your generosity, and will enjoy all of these terrific items for quite a while!

To add to my awkwardness, I was still a bit stunned by the gift my wife and inlaws gave me.... my first handgun! My wife filmed my reaction, and she has about 3 minutes of me staring at her with my mouth open!

Oh! I almost forgot. In honor of all the unboxing being done in our videos, I need to tag [MENTION=8775]captp[/MENTION], since I know how much he loves unboxing videos!
This was awesome, Jessy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jessy really glad you enjoyed the gifts! Merry Christmas!

To my bingle buddy from Ohio, thank you so much for the razo rock tobacco soap, the razor rock xxx soap and the captains choice bay rum! Can't wait to use it all

This forum really blows me away since I have been here (late June or early July) I have seen NOTHING but really great gentlemen who are otherwise complete strangers helping each other out, giving samples of this or that, passing along things that don't work for them and not asking for anything in return and so on and so forth. Thank you ALL Badger and Blade members for everything you do for each other. You guys are awesome!!

Tried out the Wholly Kaw Fougere Bouquet and it may be my favorite scent I've tried. I have a couple Wholly Kaw scents and it may be one of my favorite soaps, just below MdC and above Catie's Bubbles. I'm looking forward to trying the rest of the stuff that I got. Next up will be the Tiki Fougere!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've been using the Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill for the last couple of mornings, and it's been absolutely glorious.

I don't know the last time my SOTD consisted of so many new items!

Rudy Vey/TGN (gift from earlier yhis year)
Haslinger Sandelholz (R&S)
Merkur Slant (R&S)
Feather blade (R&S)
CC Sandalwood splash (R&S)

It was such a lovely shave, and I still smell great!

Top Bottom