What's new

Mr. Bingle Presents: The Second Annual Reindeer & Sleigh Holiday Gift Exchange!

Tried out the Wholly Kaw Fougere Bouquet and it may be my favorite scent I've tried. I have a couple Wholly Kaw scents and it may be one of my favorite soaps, just below MdC and above Catie's Bubbles. I'm looking forward to trying the rest of the stuff that I got. Next up will be the Tiki Fougere!

I'm glad it's working well for you.

I tried the TOBS sandalwood cream yesterday and loved the scent and performance. I did a quick shave because I was in a hurry. But I still enjoyed it.

Thanks Bingle Buddy oh I liked your packaging and drawings on the outside of the box.

$20151227_131306.jpg

1. Two bars of vegan Bay Rum soap from Yankee Traders. Only one pictured... because the other is in my shower!
2. A Jags Zippo. This will be Zippo #27. Love it!
3. Keep calm mug. Admittedly I didn't get the reference, but a quick Google showed me this is from Game of Thrones. Haven't seen it, but after reading the premise of "Trial by Combat", this is going on my desk at work.
4. Pilot Metro fountain pen with croc styled grip.
5. Sample of 'Noodler's Blue' ink.

Took me a while to figure out the pen, but I absolutely love it. After a quick cursive refresher, I'm addicted. My favorite gift of the bunch. Just what I needed, to be sucked into the nib rabbit hole :mad3:. It's inspired me to start a journal and to start hand writing more in my life. I'm slow, but it's methodical and therapeutic. Turns out those nibbers aren't crazy after all!

So cool it came with carts and a converter. Can't wait to try some wild inks and different papers.

I gave my buddy pretty much nothing specific to work with, and he nailed it. Thank you so very much.

Merry Krimma, errybody!

Sorry not sorry for the double post. :laugh:

The bay rum is so refreshing. It's the most pronounced citrus br I've ever smelled. Heavy on the bay and heavy on the orange. In a steamy shower, this is like a day at the spa. For those who don't like the musky "old man" scent of most bay rums, this should be on your to try list.

I think my family thought I was a bit mad carrying around a fountain pen with childlike glee...

The Zippo will remain unused. The helmet design is the pre 2011 uniform update disaster. Harkens back to an older, golden age of Jax football. My childhood crammed up against a 19 inch tv watching Mark Brunell throw bombs to "Thunder and Lightning" (Smith and McCardell). It will fit right in with all the classic Jags memorabilia I have hoarded since my youth.

Apologies for missing yesterday's 2nd Day of Christmas post!

Day 2:
Dear Boudreaux,

You letter say you sent two turtle doves, but all I got was two scrawny
pigeons. Anyway, I mixed dem with andouille an made some gumbo
out of dem.

Day 3:
Dear Boudreaux,

Why doan you sent some crawfish? I'm tired of eating dem darn birds.
I gave two of dose prissy French chickens to Marie Trahan over at
Grans Bayou an fed the tird one to my dog Phideaux. Marie needed some
sparing partners for her fighting rooster.

Thank You Mr. Bingle for the first 3 days of Christmas so far...I feel like I have experienced this before but I am loving it, truly loving it!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Apologies for missing yesterday's 2nd Day of Christmas post!

Day 2:
Dear Boudreaux,

You letter say you sent two turtle doves, but all I got was two scrawny
pigeons. Anyway, I mixed dem with andouille an made some gumbo
out of dem.

Day 3:
Dear Boudreaux,

Why doan you sent some crawfish? I'm tired of eating dem darn birds.
I gave two of dose prissy French chickens to Marie Trahan over at
Grans Bayou an fed the tird one to my dog Phideaux. Marie needed some
sparing partners for her fighting rooster.

I'm lovin' this!

Anyone know where we stand... Has everyone posted their pics yet?

The folks below haven't checked in yet. Understanding how busy the holidays can get, we'll give them a few days to check in.

If you see your name listed below, and you've already told us what you got, or posted a video or picture, please let me know with a link to your post! It's very possible I may have missed one or two.

@bach_rocks
@bingo82d
@GreggJ
[MENTION=92089]OkieDave[/MENTION]
@pbrmhl
@rhtoras
@Sargon
@smalldog27

I don't have a lot of experience with fountain pens but this lamy safari I was gifted is the smoothest pen I have written with. Thanks again! Now I'm trying to not fall down the rabbit hole...

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I don't have a lot of experience with fountain pens but this lamy safari I was gifted is the smoothest pen I have written with. Thanks again! Now I'm trying to not fall down the rabbit hole...

Fountain pens work best if you lightly touch the nib on your tongue before use, as it makes for a smoother start.

The folks below haven't checked in yet. Understanding how busy the holidays can get, we'll give them a few days to check in.

If you see your name listed below, and you've already told us what you got, or posted a video or picture, please let me know with a link to your post! It's very possible I may have missed one or two.

@bach_rocks
@bingo82d
@GreggJ
[MENTION=92089]OkieDave[/MENTION]
@pbrmhl
@rhtoras
@Sargon
@smalldog27

I have not posted a picture but I did mention my gifts from my bingle buddy from Ohio.
Razo Rock tobacco soap, Razo Rock XXX soap and Captains Choice Bay Rum aftershave.

I cant post pictures from my phone since I switched from an Apple device to an Android device...have to look into this some more when I have a few moments to play around.

Jessy really glad you enjoyed the gifts! Merry Christmas!

To my bingle buddy from Ohio, thank you so much for the razo rock tobacco soap, the razor rock xxx soap and the captains choice bay rum! Can't wait to use it all

This forum really blows me away since I have been here (late June or early July) I have seen NOTHING but really great gentlemen who are otherwise complete strangers helping each other out, giving samples of this or that, passing along things that don't work for them and not asking for anything in return and so on and so forth. Thank you ALL Badger and Blade members for everything you do for each other. You guys are awesome!!

I'm glad you enjoyed your gift! Have a safe and happy new year!

Top Bottom