What's new

Mr. Bingle Presents: The Second Annual Reindeer & Sleigh Holiday Gift Exchange!

Thank you thank you thank you, you are a very fine B&Ber and I could not be happier

$IMAG0081.jpg$IMAG0082.jpg
With the exception of the neat surprise of the vintage Williams these were all items that I have been convincing myself not to buy but repeatedly trying to buy them! I can't wait to go pick up some schick blades and give this stuff a whirl! Bingle Buddy thanks for my only gift I didn't know what it was this year. It made it feel a lot more like Christmas! Please let me know who you are!

So I just wanted to say a GREAT BIG THANK YOU!!! to [MENTION=104913]Snookledon[/MENTION] for the more than generous gift. I am grateful for all the great gifts given to me below. The TOBS Ceadarwood shaving cream and Stirling AS are things that I wanted. The plethora of blades are great, most I haven't tried yet. The crocheted bag is a very personal touch and I am just touched that someone would put that much thought into giving one to someone he doesn't know! So when I found out that snookledon gifted me a 1972 Gillette Adjustable, "Black Beauty," I was more than thrilled. The razor is my birth year razor and is in about as perfect of a condition that you can get. It is so pretty that I almost don't want to use it..."almost." Anyway, I am so thrilled and grateful. The Mr. Bingle gift exchange will be an annual tradition from now on.

$Bingle Gift.jpg

so i just wanted to say a great big thank you!!! To [mention=104913]snookledon[/mention] for the more than generous gift. I am grateful for all the great gifts given to me below. The tobs ceadarwood shaving cream and stirling as are things that i wanted. The plethora of blades are great, most i haven't tried yet. The crocheted bag is a very personal touch and i am just touched that someone would put that much thought into giving one to someone he doesn't know! So when i found out that snookledon gifted me a 1972 gillette adjustable, "black beauty," i was more than thrilled. The razor is my birth year razor and is in about as perfect of a condition that you can get. It is so pretty that i almost don't want to use it..."almost." anyway, i am so thrilled and grateful. The mr. Bingle gift exchange will be an annual tradition from now on.

View attachment 625005
woot!

Merry Christmas everyone! Thanks to my bingle buddy whom remains unknown. I have been wanting to try iro inks badly! Plus looking forward to trying a new cream.
proxy.php

Though I stayed up until after midnight, I decided to hold off on opening gifts until family was awake in the morning. About half the family is up, but no one seems to anxious to open gifts. I know how much I was anticipating my Bingle buddy opening his, so in the pure spirit of selfless sacrifice for my Bingle buddy, I decided to proceed with opening both my Bingle box and my BL Santa box. Who am I kidding, I've been up since 4:30 waiting to open these.

I'm not certain who my Bingle buddy is, though I suspect Thirston. Given the ORM-D sticker & my wish list, I suspected the gift was aftershave, though the pre/post shave was a great surprise as was the brand. Given my affinity for tbacco scents, I've wanted to try Alt-Innsbruck for some time, but haven't pulled the trigger. I'm definitely anxious to put this to use. Shave tools also included a nice little metal comb with the package.

Thanks again!$image.jpg

Though I stayed up until after midnight, I decided to hold off on opening gifts until family was awake in the morning. About half the family is up, but no one seems to anxious to open gifts. I know how much I was anticipating my Bingle buddy opening his, so in the pure spirit of selfless sacrifice for my Bingle buddy, I decided to proceed with opening both my Bingle box and my BL Santa box. Who am I kidding, I've been up since 4:30 waiting to open these.

I'm not certain who my Bingle buddy is, though I suspect Thirston. Given the ORM-D sticker & my wish list, I suspected the gift was aftershave, though the pre/post shave was a great surprise as was the brand. Given my affinity for tbacco scents, I've wanted to try Alt-Innsbruck for some time, but haven't pulled the trigger. I'm definitely anxious to put this to use. Shave tools also included a nice little metal comb with the package.

Thanks again!View attachment 625016
Congratulations! That comb is awesome!

Out of purely narcissistic curiosity, now that my Bingle buddy has opened his gift, did anyone happen to notice that I revealed the gift in my posts in this thread? Curious if anyone put it together, or if I was just amusing myself....

I knew from the moment I opened the package that it was from an engineer ( as you will see) and did not figure out who sent it until the Avon and especially the BBQ Sauce. It came with specific instructions and as a good former TSgt, I followed the officers order and read "The Book" story that I was instructed too. No realizing it was the longest joke ever!!!:mad3::thumbup:

Over breakfast the 6 family members listened as I read the story to them. Was it going to have a poignant ending, a moral message.... NOOOOO it was a reminder of my binge gift from last year and to have patience, and also that it was a conspiracy by some others in this rabble.

they waited for the story with baited breath, allowing their breakfast and coffee to get cold, but we trudged on for what was to be a great ending to a fantastic journey through the desert with a guy named Jack and a snake named Nate.

Then it happened!!!!! "Better Nate than Lever" HA HA HA HA.. I have now been banished, had to do the dishes, and give candy to all my family members, as penance or the fact that it was 45 minutes of their lives they would never get back LOL

Seriously, what a well thought out gift, expertly executed and a friend who knows me very well including all of my likes.

So THANKS KJ, I do not have the words! It was Fantastic my friend

This was before I knew who it was:

$BBQsauce.jpg$Story.jpg$Brush & Candy.jpg$opening.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the multiple entries, but with 8 gifts had to spread it Out

Thanks again KJ, if I missed posting one of the gifts, I apologize, just overwhelmed! Thanks to Dane, Jessy and Mr Bingle for another stellar year. Also to ALL the members that took part

You folks are the best, and I am very blessed to be a part of this Group!!!

$tamaes.jpg

Last edited:
$20151225_121046.jpg
Thanks to my bingle buddy for the gifts for me and my wife. Wife likes the scents also so in the clear lol. Thank you. The person i sent to i am glad you like it. Merry Christmas

I tried to find a private moment to open my Bingle gift so I could video the whole "reveal", but the family wanted me dive in. Seems they were excited too!

I don't think I am easy person to shop for (I like everything but couldn't tell you what I want), but my secret buddy did an excellent job if getting me a variety of cool things that I really do like.

I know it seems silly to LOVE a simple set of tweezers but I really really am terribly excited about to cool tweezers I got. From the looks of it, my boys are too. I have been hearing so much about the Marvey Mugs and am very happy to have found one in my Bingle box. Truth is each item in the box excited me, I got some Bay Rum Col.Conk (never tried Col.Conk) and Bay Rum Taconic shampoo bar (again...seems simple but I am super stoked to have this), I got a really cool leather man tool that will be in my pocket every day & a fresh container of clubman talc (barbershop fresh, love it!).
Thanks secret Santa (Dave B.)
$image.jpg Look, wrapped up for added anticipation!
$image.jpgI didn't see that last one wrapped in brown paper at first.
$image.jpg
Merry Christmas !

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 107
I had a great Christmas shave today. My new Simpson brush and some TOBS sandalwood (I have been out of sandalwood for months)! The brush! WOW! What a pleasure! I topped it off with some Pinaud Bayrum and I am feeling very sophisticated as my wife and I prep for our Christmas dinner.

I have a real name for my bingle buddy but have no clue what thier user name is. I would like to send a personal thank you if you could contact me. In my hast I threw the box out with the return address.

I got quite a sweet Christmas haul!

$Christmas_2015_Shaving.jpg

Fine Platinum AS - Bingle Buddy
7 O'Clock blades - Bingle Buddy
Seaforth Mug - SWMBO
Gem Junior - my 11-year-old son
Bakelite Injector - my 11-year-old son

Many thanks to my Bingle Buddy - I've already tried the Fine Platinum and it gets the thumbs-up from both me and, more important, SWMBO. Even my mom likes it! I'm also excited for the 7 O'Clock blades because I've recently tried them and really liked them. :001_smile

Many thanks to whoever my secret Bingle Buddy was this year (I'm not even going to try and guess). When the original box arrived it was inspected by my wife then briskly swept away and turned into this...
$20151225_095610.jpg

This morning in the midst of the Christmas carnage (4 and 7 year old kids in the house) I was able to open my gift and reveal several great items.
$20151225_120716-1.jpg
The Lucky Tiger is great because I typically shave in the evening before bed and had heard that this AS was mild and good for use any time of day.
The book was of interest to me because I own several fountain pens and have a desire to improve my penmanship; cursive in particular.
The 4711 is a soap bar, I'll have to read up on it but I'm assuming that it's suited for shower use. Whether in the shower or at the sink it will be gone in no time because the scent is very nice. I've heard good things about the AS as well so this could be the stepping stone in that direction.
The little brush is an Omega 11047 "mixed midget". I currently own both badger and boar and each has it's perks.. What I didn't own was a small sized brush. I know I had written here before that I'd like to try a smaller brush because sometimes mine feel too large and messy while lathering. I also have an out of town wedding to attend in a few weeks so I'll test the Midget as a travel brush as well.

Thank you very much to my Secret pal. I hope you have had a wonderful Holiday.

Top Bottom