What's new

Merry Month Of Mystic May

I had to leave the shampoo bar aside a few days since Michelle cut me one fresh off the block. It wasn't quite ready but since I managed to finagle her ordering system she sent it anyway :)

I had some trouble with her website too but managed to place my order with her help. And I noticed that one of those were out of stock but I see all 4 again today.

When did you purchase the Lilac? I'm really fond of this scent based on a sample I purchased last year. But I don't see it listed on her site anymore....

It was ~6-8 weeks ago, I wanted a couple shave sticks and MW had 50% off pucks & sticks for discontinued scents, Lilac & Lavender Lime were the two I chose.

The Lilac is good, as far as Lilac's are concerned, but the Lavender Lime is my favorite, sorry to see it discontinued.

I was going to try that "limited choice" theory for the same reasons. I just can't wait to long to get back to my favorites. That was working until I got the Bay Rum sample. The favorite list grows : )

I know what you mean and it seems every time Michelle offers a new scent, it is as good as her others. I am finding it difficult to keep it to a minimum! :blush:

Care to list your favorites? You guys are killin me! I just ordered 9 more samples. I think Michelle's soaps are among the best.

Bay Rum
Poggio dei Pini
Marrakesh
Sandalwood Rose
Vanilla Sandalwood
Jasmine
Sardinian Honey
Barbershop
Brown Windsor
Jeff's Lavender

I really enjoyed her original Lemongrass & BlueGum, but now with the added menthol, it will be too 'cold' for me. :blush:

Others I really like are:
Irish Traveller
Lemon Verbena
White Tea & Ginger
Frankincense & Myrrh

4 down on this sample. Scent has mellowed and rounded so that the anise is not as in your face. Kinda liking it now.

Still 3 shaves to go on this sample (which at 7, will be 2 more than I got out of a larger sample of Etirling)

As for the shampoo bars, I absolutely love them, in all three scents. I've been using them for several years.

Here's a little trick that I use that makes them last a long time. Go to the store and buy one of those ovall, bendable, cheap, clear plastic soap holders that have the nubs on them. Take it home and cut it with scissors to a rectangle about 2 inches by about 3/4 of an inch or so. Cut the nubs down to a minimum on one side, leave them on the other.

Now, take the shampoo bar, and cut it into pieces that fit on the plastic thing you just devised. I first cut slices about 1/4 of an inch thick (or less), and then cut those in half. One of those half pieces fits on the plastic thing pretty much perfectly. Now, wet one side of the soap and attach it to the plastic thing.

Voila! Take this into the shower with you. Lather straight onto the hair with the soap on the plastic thing. Take all of it out of the shower when you are done and keep it in a dry place. Each little piece lasts about a week to a week and a half. You can cut the whole bar up and store the pieces in a dry place. When your piece runs out, replace it with another one. This makes the bar last about 3 months or more.

Randall, thanks for the suggestion. What I've done, and the bars might not last as long for me, is I bought one of the $4 wooden soap drying racks she sells and store the soap on the counter (uncovered) like that. I'm willing to wager that I'll get at least 2 months of daily shampoos per bar. Plus, the more I use it I find that at first I was using too much and a little goes a long way.

The Green Fairy bit the dust. I got used to the scent, especially after it mellowed, but not for me when there are other great choices...such as...

Brown Windsor
If GF is Absinthe, this is a nice brandy or whisky.
Cinnamon and nutmeg, the lightest touch of clove, lavender in the back...
This is really good stuff. I have never smelled anything like it. The blend is great, the scent is not as intoxicating as the Bay Rum, more of a background. I'm thinking a room with many leather backed chairs, a few full glasses of fine spirits and a sense of class and wealth.
All from a soap :)
And it lathers wonderfully.

I like the name 'Windsor' it sounds so regal. I want to try the D.R. Harris version someday too. Please keep the reviews coming!

I pulled out a sample of Poggio dei Pini today....holy crap!!!! Immediately went and purchase a full puck!!

I forgot how awesome her soaps are. I've used her Lavender/Lime a bit but it proceeded to get buried behind all of the other soaps I have bought due to my acquisition illness. The post shave feel is the top of the pops in my opinion - as good as anything else out there. Lather building is a little pesky but can be dialed in easily.

BUY HER SOAP!!!!!

Well, I've been using her Rosemary and Mint shampoo.

I've only have 3 samples of her shaving soap: Irish Traveller, Bay Rum, and Barbershop. I will eventually get a whole puck of the Bay Rum.

I've been an inconsistent shaver this last week.
Shave 2 on the Brown Windsor was Friday and it was great
Shave 3 was this morning and my nose is so bunged up with a cold I couldn't smell a thing.
Shave 4 was this afternoon as I had to do some nape of the neck hairline edging - a little nutmeg or something crept through.

I've been an inconsistent shaver this last week.
Shave 2 on the Brown Windsor was Friday and it was great
Shave 3 was this morning and my nose is so bunged up with a cold I couldn't smell a thing.
Shave 4 was this afternoon as I had to do some nape of the neck hairline edging - a little nutmeg or something crept through.
Hope you start feeling better, Hag!

Time to break out the "medicinal" Tea Tree and Blue Gum.

Though to be honest, maybe something with 90% menthol would be good right now....

A couple days with Tea Tree and Blue Gum are in order.

Scent is indeed medicinal but in a good way. A little eucalyptus reaches my nose, maybe more when my nose clears.

Performance is great. Super. Fantastic even. Dare I say this was the easiest lathering MW yet? Post shave feel is great as always - skin is moisturized and supple.
MW continues to be best soap on the planet, YMMV of course.

The Tea Tree is good. But it's not Bay Rum good.

My nearly 3 year old puck is still hanging on, has maybe 3 shaves left on it, and will be the one with which I finish off the month.
The scent is still incredible, very exotic and heady, with very little of the usual BR clove flavors.
Stupendous soap , provided a great shave and a great start to GEMini.

A little over a week left, I haven't even finished the Brown Windsor, let alone started on the LotV sample!

Brown Windsor is gone. The scent did not grow on Mr as much as I thought it would. On the fence about rebuying.
Lily of the Valley is quite the floral. Almost a rose, but a lot less cloying to me.

Top Bottom