What's new

The "Chrome" Toggle That Isn't

You're right. I am proud of my collection of Gillette Adjustables.:tongue_sm

Hi,

And, you are right to share it with us. I do like the look of them, all resting in their beds. :)

One thing I was always curious about. The bottom dial Fatboy vs. the top dial. Which one feels best to shave with (balance, grip, etc) ??

Stan

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I just spent a month shaving with a bottom dial, and I loved it. It took a few shaves to get the hang of it. The balance is different. I find it hard to say which is better, though. Both are good. Having as much weight as does on the tail end makes the bottom dial a little more of a challenge, no doubt, but it just seemed to get the job done, whether I liked it or not. 😊

The balance is different. I find it hard to say which is better, though. Both are good. Having as much weight as does on the tail end makes the bottom dial a little more of a challenge, no doubt, but it just seemed to get the job done...

+1 I can get a little tighter under my nose wit a standard Fatboy. But I still have a Schick Adjustable Injector for the tight spots.

wow Glenn, that Toggle just kind of blends in with the other awesome razors in your collection...to be fair and sensitive to the needs of your razors you should send me a couple of them....that way they will feel "special", like they should, when put in rotation with my ordinary razors.

just do what you know is right.....

wow Glenn, that Toggle just kind of blends in with the other awesome razors in your collection...to be fair and sensitive to the needs of your razors you should send me a couple of them....that way they will feel "special", like they should, when put in rotation with my ordinary razors.

just do what you know is right.....

I don't know Juan. They seem cozy and happy all there together with their brothers. I couldn't break up a set.:lol:

yeah sure....go and play the "keep the family together" card on me!!

but seriously sir, that is one fine collection of razors that I'm just glad to be able to see...like going to a museum of fine art...well done señor!

yeah sure....go and play the "keep the family together" card on me!!

but seriously sir, that is one fine collection of razors that I'm just glad to be able to see...like going to a museum of fine art...well done señor!

Thanks Juan. I must admit I'm proud of them. If I can't show them to you guys then I can't show them to anyone. You guys appreciate them.

I just spent a month shaving with a bottom dial, and I loved it. It took a few shaves to get the hang of it. The balance is different. I find it hard to say which is better, though. Both are good. Having as much weight as does on the tail end makes the bottom dial a little more of a challenge, no doubt, but it just seemed to get the job done, whether I liked it or not. ��

Hi,

I have thought that if I ever went for an adjustable, it would be a Red Dot Fatboy. Being and engineer, I like the idea of the entire bottom plate moving. Not the bars bending the blade method. The bottom dial looks like it would be difficult to hold at the balance point.

Of course, even the Red Dots are a bit pricey for me....

Stan

Hi,

I have thought that if I ever went for an adjustable, it would be a Red Dot Fatboy. Being and engineer, I like the idea of the entire bottom plate moving. Not the bars bending the blade method. The bottom dial looks like it would be difficult to hold at the balance point.

Of course, even the Red Dots are a bit pricey for me....

Stan

Hi Stan, The Red Dot is an excellent shaver. But all the rare Gillette adjustables are going through the roof. There is a Red Dot BIN on ebay for $1500 right now. Two years ago you could get them for $350.

Top Bottom