What's new

My Guess... 3017

I'd send some NB to you, but I think that doing so would break sabbatical. Not that I could go through three full-sized jars in six months anyway.

No worries Mike, but a very generous offer. I can always orders to a border holding service or a US relative, if I ever felt the need.

I was just disappointed when they stopped shipping, but as it turns out, I re-discovered Proraso :w00t:

I extricated Captain Fawcett from the bowl, and the puck is about 40% finished, from the looks of it. I'm going to hasten the process a bit, and have broken out the Chubby 2 in Best.

I extricated Captain Fawcett from the bowl, and the puck is about 40% finished, from the looks of it. I'm going to hasten the process a bit, and have broken out the Chubby 2 in Best.

Breaking out the big guns! By next shave, the puck will be 80% finished.

Uh-oh. Sounds like The Captain is in for some stormy weather.

Beer Soap Brewing Company's Italian Patchouli & Bergamot is lasting much longer than expected. It's a very nice soap but I hope to be finished with it within a week. I'm ready for something new ;).

Which of the following soaps should I use next?
MWF, or TABAC

Beer Soap Brewing Company's Italian Patchouli & Bergamot is lasting much longer than expected. It's a very nice soap but I hope to be finished with it within a week. I'm ready for something new ;).

Which of the following soaps should I use next?
MWF, or TABAC

MWF! I'm starting it after I finish Haslinger! I may finish up a mostly used Speick stick too though.

Wowzer that is a looong thread! I think I might have inadvertently joined the 3017 group. I have been into fountain pens for some time and work on completing a single bottle of ink before trying the next. As a concession to my son I allow a second bottle to be open that is either blue or black because his teachers are not so free thinking in color choice.

On May 31st this year I decided I would give this wet shaving this a try. I opened a Edwin Jagger sandlewood cream (100ml) got out a brush and stole a small dish from the kitchen. This was my first real attempt at shaving that didn't require the use of electricity in decades... Beginners luck gave me an amazing shave and I think I spent the rest of the day feeling my face and being amazed about how smooth it was... The second shave didn't go so well so I started doing research and went a bit crazy buying all sorts of soaps, blades and even a few aftershaves and pre shave stuff. All the soaps sit unopened because I was trying to keep things consistent and work on my lathering.

Well here I am 38 days later and I think I have 2 maybe three shaves left from the 100ml EJ container... SWMBO is not amused by my lack of restraint and I am beginning to think that austerity measures would be prudent at this time. So I think I will select either a tub of RazoRock xxx or possibly a puck one of the zillion or so soaps I seem to have now.

I see that over the years some of the original instigators have completed their journey. I hope to someday complete mine... One shave at a time. I have not completed my first tub of cream but it wont be too long... Maybe I should do more practice lathers....:glare:

Ruckin

Y'all need to start a FatFest.

Nooooooooooo!

I'm still not done with my Harris after 6 months. If I start on da Fat, it'll be two years before I can try another soap :tongue_sm

The FAT was sounding really... reallllyyy.. nice. It was my first shaving soap and I miss it so! It's been months since it's been used. I will knock MWF out with ease because it has been grated into a Grundtal container. The FAT will surrender to my mighty brush collection.

$IMG_0591.jpg
Day 4 on the Stirling Spice.

The Namaste is done. On to Fumo di Londra.

24 May 2013 - 22 June 2013: DR Harris Arlington
23 June 2013 - 18 July 2013: DR Harris Arlington/CO Bigelow
19 July 2013 - 22 July 2013: SCS Bay Rum sample
23 July 2013 – 26 July 2013: Barrister and Mann Seville sample
27 July 2013 – 3 September 2013: RR KotC Lime
4 September 2013 – 27 September 2013: Stirling Anise
28 September 2013 – 30 September 2013: Stirling Lavender Sage sample
1 October 2013 – 15 October 2013: RazoRock Chianti Lavender
16 October 2013 – 7 November 2013: RazoRock XXX
8 November 2013 – 9 December 2013: 2 grated La Toja sticks
10 December 2013 – 28 December 2013: Stirling Scot's Pine
29 December 2013 – 7 January 2014: DR Harris Windsor (paused)
8 January 2014 – 31 January 2014: Proraso Red/Synergy Cavendish(paused)
1 February 2014 – 3 April 2014: DR Harris Windsor (resumed)
4 April 2014 – 14 April 2014: RR Boston Tea Party
15 April 2014 – 17 April 2014: SCS Fairway
18 April 2014 – 21 May 2014: Speick
22 May 2014 – 24 May 2014: B&M Solstice sample
25 May 2014 – 30 May 2014: Strop Shoppe Rosemary Mint
31 May 2014 – 12 June 2014: Mike's OCBP
13 June 2014 – 22 June 2014: CF Lime
23 June 2014 – 9 July 2014: PannaCrema Namaste
10 July 2014 - ??: PannaCrema Fumo di Londra

Has anyone else here used Beer Soap Brewing Company's shaving soap? I haven't heard anything about this brand and I'm trying to spread the word ;)

I have 1-2 more shaves on it after last night's shave.

I think I'm finally there! Last night's lather was the first one since I started the Schafmilch that didn't seem to be "enough." Of course there was plenty... but it was hard loading the brush. I think tonight will do it in. Whatever is left after tonight (or tomorrow, if I don't shave tonight) will be added to the top of the Fat!

Has anyone else here used Beer Soap Brewing Company's shaving soap? I haven't heard anything about this brand and I'm trying to spread the word ;)

I have 1-2 more shaves on it after last night's shave.

I've used BSBC. It reminded me of Stirling. I used it a few times and didn't get the lather dialed in.

Going out of town for a week....

Do I break the 3017 and take a LaToja shave stick.... or take some Stone Cottage cream, or Indian Old Spice Cream,or just continue on the SCS Lime....Brush will be a Somerset Case.... and since I am taking the train... one of my straights will be the razor...

What say youse guys !!!!!

I'll be off for a week too and my plan is to leave my RR P.160 at home and enjoy my IM stick and Arlington tube.

I vote you take a well deserved break and enjoy something else for the week.

Going out of town for a week....

Do I break the 3017 and take a LaToja shave stick.... or take some Stone Cottage cream, or Indian Old Spice Cream,or just continue on the SCS Lime....Brush will be a Somerset Case.... and since I am taking the train... one of my straights will be the razor...

What say youse guys !!!!!

Any updates on Stone Cottage cream will be welcome by me!

Top Bottom