What's new

Newbies, show off your gear!

Posted this earlier in my "check-in" post, but here's the current "starter kit" gear...

full

Great starter there mate. Lovely looking scuttle. Whats the udderly smooth pot?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been wet shaving for about a month I am currently using a Merkur Futur razor with Personna blade and Dr. Harris Marlborough A Timless Fragrance of Noble Character shaving soap

Just changed to DE this week from Gillette Fusion .. Loooooove the change over .. On the third shave tomorrow

EJ D89 - currently using the Astra blade I got in my sample pack
TOBS sandalwood - do not like the scent, looking to trade it for something else soon
Escali brush - hate it, bristles shed like crazy off of it ... Gonna get a Omega next week
Tend Skin
Anthony Logistics pre shave oil - also looking for something different
Alum bar
Neiva sensitive skin balm

Just joined the forum to get some ideas for better equipment. Wouldn't mind a second razor that's suited for a beginner. Also looking for idea for a travel kit for a DE setup.. Also looking to get a few soap pucks to try. Hope to learn a lot from you shave masters :)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402269381.689626.jpg

Last edited:
Just changed to DE this week from Gillette Fusion .. Loooooove the change over .. On the third shave tomorrow

EJ D89 - currently using the Astra blade I got in my sample pack
TOBS sandalwood - do not like the scent, looking to trade it for something else soon
Escali brush - hate it, bristles shed like crazy off of it ... Gonna get a Omega next week
Tend Skin
Anthony Logistics pre shave oil - also looking for something different
Alum bar
Neiva sensitive skin balm

Just joined the forum to get some ideas for better equipment. Wouldn't mind a second razor that's suited for a beginner. Also looking for idea for a travel kit for a DE setup.. Also looking to get a few soap pucks to try. Hope to learn a lot from you shave masters :)

View attachment 458662

There are some good sites that you can buy samples from. I used maggards and the service is unbeatable. Good Luck!

My first ever DE delivery a few days ago:001_smile Love the chrome finish on the EJ89. Got a brush and few other new things that I haven't got a pic of yet
$ej_01.jpg$ej2_01.jpg

Only 2 months in, but accumulating a bunch :blush: Keeping blades in flipdown cubby beneath mirror to the right. Only have an Infinity Silvertex, 2 packs of Feathers and an Ambroley TTO coming this week. Oh, this is "the sickness" everyone talks about :001_huh:

$image-2.jpeg

This is great. You guys just made me feel a whole lot better. I started WS about a month ago and have gone a little overboard. Glad to see I am not alone. I will take a pic in a few days, got some stuff in the mail :blushing:, and share as it may make others feel better, much like as these pics have done for me.

Great starter kit, the Proraso is a great and I have heard great things about the ej razor.
I don't have anything to compare the stuff to YET:001_smile But I am very happy with the EJ and the Proraso, still using the Nivea post shave balm that I have used for years, works great for me.

I'm a few day's in but I've borrowed my fathers Vision DE before buying my stuff. I went a head and bought most of what I wanted before starting. I have one shave with the Fatboy and one shave with the Super Speed. I'm looking at buying an open comb to see if I'd like it. After looking at these nice home made stands I think I'll make one rather than buy one. Like everyone else I want to try more soaps and creams.

Top Bottom