Pork vs. Beef

What's better? Pork or beef?

• Beef

• Pork

Results are only viewable after voting.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Where's the meat candy on a cow?

In the brisket.....I think they're called toasted tips or something like that. :drool: :w00t:

proxy.php

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
One word...bacon.

a few more words - bacon wrapped (fill in the blank)

Give me pork any day.

I'm not convinced that what goes into a slim jim can really be classified as "beef".
Manure comes from a cow too, but it ain't beef! :lol:

Slim Jims - Mechanically separated beef

yeah that sounds good.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The problem with brisket is the hoops needed to jump through to make it edible. Yes, I like BBQ brisket and pastrami, but pig is naturally good.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
One word...bacon.

a few more words - bacon wrapped (fill in the blank)

Hmmm...bacon wrapped brisket burnt ends. That's an idea.

Let's see...a good porterhouse or rib eye steak on the grill, pork baby back ribs on the smoker, a properly smoked beef brisket, a smoked ham, a beef roast cooked in a Dutch oven with your choice of seasoning and gravy, some good smothered pork chops in a cast iron skillet, chicken fried steak, beef stew with cream of mushroom soup in the Dutch oven, and...BACON!!! A smoked fattie...and, and.

I can't decide...MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE!!!

This is a trick question...right?

There is no wrong answer.

Edit: I forgot to mention beans with ham hock or salt pork.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hmmm...bacon wrapped brisket burnt ends. That's an idea.

Let's see...a good porterhouse or rib eye steak on the grill, pork baby back ribs on the smoker, a properly smoked beef brisket, a smoked ham, a beef roast cooked in a Dutch oven with your choice of seasoning and gravy, some good smothered pork chops in a cast iron skillet, chicken fried steak, beef stew with cream of mushroom soup in the Dutch oven, and...BACON!!! A smoked fattie...and, and.

I can't decide...MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE!!!

This is a trick question...right?

There is no wrong answer.

Edit: I forgot to mention beans with ham hock or salt pork.

In all honesty, why pick one? Both are great.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Yeah, especially that small side of the porterhouse- it really beats the crap out of the filet mignon. :lol:
Oh, I know, but the Porterhouse includes a bunch of extra good meat. My problem with Filet is just the size

If beef and pork were the same price, I would only buy beef. Except maybe bacon. But there is turkey, and beef bacon that are both pretty good.

I would also miss ham if it went away... nothing really tastes anything like ham... not even other parts of the same pig... That said pastrami sandwiches instead of ham would be ok with me.

When BBQ season hits around here I smoke up a whole brisket and use it like bacon all week. Also Corned beef and cabbage is one of my favorite dishes ever, I eat it all year.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
In the face of such august wisdom, I can add nothing.

OK, seafood and chicken.
what no Venison or game meat. Hmmm wild venison.
That reminds me I must make my first batch of wild venison sausages. Will try using pork shoulder to add some fat as the venison is just too lean for sausages by itself.
See many meats work well together.

Top Bottom