What's new

Pork vs. Beef

What's better? Pork or beef?

• Beef

• Pork

Results are only viewable after voting.
My wife is Muslim so we never have pork in the house, so beef wins for us.

When I am out and there is a porky option, I will go for it in an instant!

Mmmmmmmmm
i can still taste it!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 123

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'm just glad that no one has praised the filet mignon, that tasteless and most overrated of all steaks. The fact that the filet is part of the porterhouse diminishes the latter's claim for king of the steaks. Best to cut it away and serve it to the wimmen folk.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
You may as well ask which child

+1 on this.

Just consumed a batch of Korean style beef ribs that would give bacon a run for the money. Montreal smoked meat is crazy good as well. I really like pea meal bacon, pork tenderloin, smoked ham.

Thank goodness I'm not on a desert island.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I did not vote. No one can make me pick. I am a Meatetarian.
Bacon for breakfast but Beef for the BBQ.

$Beef.jpg

Last edited:
I am going nuts looking at these pictures. I'd love to have some steaks and a hickory- or mesquite- pellet fed grill right about now . . . with garlicy mashed potatoes (a baked will do in a pinch).

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I love a good steak as much as the next guy, but is there anything on a cow that tastes as good as bacon? Where's the meat candy on a cow?
Not saying they are better than bacon but Beef jerky, pastrami, Bresaola & Wagyu Beef (AKA Kobe) would be a Bacons Bovine buddy.

The pig is a majestic, delicious beast. Proud to vote for pork.

in fact, anyone who doesn't like bacon is someone I don't want to know!

I can do a lot more with pork than I can do with beef but sometimes you just need some beef!

Growing up, my family didn't eat a lot of beef. We ate a lot of game. Dad spent a lot of time in the woods putting meat on our table. Beef was a luxury.

Pork would be on sale quite often so that would grace our table more often than beef would. When I was in culinary school and started doing charcuterie stuff, hands-down, pigs win out!

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'm just glad that no one has praised the filet mignon, that tasteless and most overrated of all steaks. The fact that the filet is part of the porterhouse diminishes the latter's claim for king of the steaks. Best to cut it away and serve it to the wimmen folk.
Filet mignon sucks, IMO. Porterhouse beats it hands down.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Bacon is the universal seasoning. Works for all foods, whether meat or vegetable. I am partial to boudin and Andouille, too. Both CAN be made from beef but are generally pork based. Salt pork, tasso, ham hocks, all are common ingredients in my cooking. But for a main dish, an actual chunk of meat, I prefer beef to pork. I like my beef medium rare, unless it has heavy fat in which case I might go medium to cook it down a bit. Pork I will cook at least medium well. Yeah I know, American pork is supposed to be safe to eat medium but I just have a mental block about that and it ain't getting unblocked as long as I have any say about it. As a plus, I can cook beef and not worry about whether guests are muslim or jewish or whatever. Well, then there is hindus, so I guess sometimes beef would be awkward but mostly, dietary restrictions of religious or social nature are more tolerant of beef than of pork.

Let's not forget the noble Hamburger. It's named after Hamburg, Germany, and contains no actual ham.

There are roast beef poboys. I have never heard of a roast pork poboy.

Texas style slow cook big pit barbecue, especially the spicier Louisiana interpretation of it, calls for beef. Pork is only an afterthought and sometimes doesn't get thought at all. Brisket! Baby back ribs! Yum! Certainly, this is the highest form of barbecue. The eastern type barbecue, with pulled pork sandwiches and the like, is tasty, but doesn't compare to real mesquite fired barbecue.

For snacking, as opposed to a full meal, a lot of parts and pieces of Mr. Pig are good. Cracklins, pickled pigs feet, etc. Then again, there is beef jerky, and slim jims. Not bad. But snack time is pig time, for me. Meal time is cow time.

Top Bottom