What's new

Your favorite Caron?

I've only tried your two, PuH and Farnesiana.

Third Man is my favourite, with Yatagan a worthy runner-up.

I won't be replacing my PuH when (if) I use it up. It's a nice vanilla lavender, but not very interesting.

Third Man is my favourite, with Yatagan a worthy runner-up. I won't be replacing my PuH when (if) I use it up. It's a nice vanilla lavender, but not very interesting.

Agreed, if "interesting" means it changes repeatedly from top notes through base notes. On me, it becomes very deep and beautiful after the top notes wear off. Plus it lasts all day, and I don't mind at all that it's linear. It's my favorite Caron and one of the few I'd consider as a signature scent for cold weather months.

proxy.php

I have PuH, Yatagan and Third Man-each one gets a regular wearing. My current favorite is Third Man but probably due to the fact that it was just the last one I bought. For me, each one of these Caron scents is distinctive and wears well with good longevity.

My fav is Third Man.

I hate Yatagan - this is niche like quality, but to my nose smells terrible of a wet rainy burnt campfire and celery stew :bored:

Pour un Homme is a very old classic feminine vanilla - lavender based fragrance, that has a sweetnes to it that makes me gag. Not for me. Gave my 200 ml bottle away.......tried to appreciate for a year, but hated it.

Pour Un Homme is the only one I've tried so I'll go with that one.
Seems to me Caron used to be creme de la creme as a fragrance house back in the day. They are clearly not that anymore. Are those other scents contemporary or dated classics?

There's also L'anarchiste, cool bottle and people say it smells like blood...I didn't think so, smells like canned mandarin oranges and some mint.
I have a bottle of PuH so I guess thats my favorite. though I've been looking to try farnesiana since I love almond...

Seems to me Caron used to be creme de la creme as a fragrance house back in the day. They are clearly not that anymore. Are those other scents contemporary or dated classics?

I wouldn't go so far as to say that - the Carons from the 'urns' in their stores are still regarded extremely highly. Most Carons just aren't easily available.

Even though many people say Tabac Blond has been reformulated into a shadow of its former self, I am dying to try it, Secret Oud, Eau de Reglisse and En Avion.

I like PuH but prefer the similar By Kilians Taste of Heaven.

I like Third Man but not enough to spring for a bottle.

I love Yatagan, dry and herbal - like desert tumbleweeds in a bottle.

I'm not a fan of Caron in general. The only one I like is Yatagan, but even that one is only tolerable in small doses. I can't wear it more than twice per year...

The others I don't care for at all.

I've tried Yatagan and Pour un Homme. Hated Yatagan - smells dated. Loved PuH - smells classic. I'm interested to try more in my future scent explorations. Good luck on your journey!

I like 3rd Man, although I don't have any right now. On the other hand, I wasn't impressed by PuH when I first bought it and traded off the bottle right away. I've reversed myself and bought another bottle. To be honest, it's a toss up with Taste of Heaven for my favorite lavender now.

I have a couple of different formulations of Tabac Blond, but I haven't got around to trying them. My wife was at a Caron shop somewhere--maybe New York--and mentioned that I liked their men's frags. The manager got our address from her and sent me a ton of decants. I'll have to dig them out and see what's what.

Not a fan of the house. However, I picked up some Coup de Fouet a while back and love it - pepper and rose and amazing. Everything else, though? Meh.

Pour un Homme is my favorite. Still itching to get a 16 oz bottle. Will do when my 4 oz is used up.

Third Man is a very close second.

Yatagan is very good also, although I find it a little "samey" in its overall direction, too many burnt woody notes with little contrast or tension in the pyramid. But it still smells really good and is worthy of all the accolades it receives imo.

Have yet to try L'Anarchiste or Yuzu Man. Has Yuzu been discontinued? Haven't seen it around much.

Top Bottom