What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - December 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning friends!
PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 23 mm Shavemac, Finest Badger ("Gut-rasiert" forum / 2011)
SOAP/CREAM: Mama Bear's Caribbean Glycerin Shave Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 6/8" HartSteel BG, Satin, Quarter Ground, Square Point, O-1 steel (w/ blue silicon scales)
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan # 60.000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG / XTG
AS: Alt-Innsbruck
RESULT: BBS shave :001_smile

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Blue is definitely the colour here, and both the razor and brush look incredible, Bela!:001_tt1::thumbup1:

Foursome with 3 Stunning Blonde Swedes!

proxy.php

Heljestrand Mk32 (13/16, 6/8, 6/8) | SRD Thäter Bulb | DC 1913 + SRD Bulgarian Rose | Serge Lutens Musc Kublai Khan
proxy.php

These three beauties arrived yesterday straight from Sweden (by way of Norway with the assistance of a true gentleman - Rune) and I could not wait to give them a trial run! This trio all appear to be virgins. There is no hone wear on any of them and the ivory scales are gorgeous! After a quick trip across the hones last night, they were ready to make a dream come true. For this treat I knew I had to do something special, so I set some soft light and whipped up an überlather of DC 1913 and SRD Bulgarian Rose. The seductive scent of the rose quickly filled the den as I spread the luxurious lather across my face. Of course, these three ladies mean business and they quickly went to work removing the growth. What a treat!

I'm BBS and have a smile on my face that you couldn't knock off with a big stick. What a way to start the day!

They finally arrived, Bill:thumbup1: It must have felt like a lifetime! All 3 on the hones last night must have taken some time, but worth it in the end, I'm concluding.:001_smile

They finally arrived, Bill:thumbup1: It must have felt like a lifetime! All 3 on the hones last night must have taken some time, but worth it in the end, I'm concluding.:001_smile

Actually, I only took one to the hones. Next one will go on them tonight... The one from last night was surprisingly easy to hone. Less than 45 minutes from first pass on the 1k until ready to shave... And it was a wonderful shave at that!

Thursday

Bukhave Bowl
Semogue 2011 LE, Finest bristle 1
Merkur Bakelite with Lord Super Stainless

Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Floïd Suave After Shave
Ferrari Passion EdT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

I almost didn't recognise your shot, Soren, being such a close-up. Super shot, it surely is!!!:thumbup1:

Hot Shower
Omega 11047/Bond shave cream. I faced lathered this morning.
Schick Injector/Schick Injector
Warm water rinse, polar water splash, Thayer's Witch Hazel, Tet-A-Tet Balm.
Two pass shave and a few touch-ups I had a superior DFS.

Happy New Year!!

Attachments

• $IMG_0987-1.jpg
    $IMG_0987-1.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 92
Christmas was very good!
View attachment 209222
Straight Razor Designs Paddle Strop
Boker Stainless Steel 5/8 in Olivewood
Truefitt and Hill Trafalgar Shave Cream and After Shave Balm

Ced

Thursday, 29.XII.2011

EJ Pre-Shave
Semogue SOC Finest 2-band
C&E Sienna
Merkur 37C
Shark Super Stainless
Thayers Witch Hazel lemon
Institut Karité Baume Après Rasage Hydratant

proxy.php

Foursome with 3 Stunning Blonde Swedes!

proxy.php

Heljestrand Mk32 (13/16, 6/8, 6/8) | SRD Thäter Bulb | DC 1913 + SRD Bulgarian Rose | Serge Lutens Musc Kublai Khan
proxy.php

These three beauties arrived yesterday straight from Sweden (by way of Norway with the assistance of a true gentleman - Rune) and I could not wait to give them a trial run! This trio all appear to be virgins. There is no hone wear on any of them and the ivory scales are gorgeous! After a quick trip across the hones last night, they were ready to make a dream come true. For this treat I knew I had to do something special, so I set some soft light and whipped up an überlather of DC 1913 and SRD Bulgarian Rose. The seductive scent of the rose quickly filled the den as I spread the luxurious lather across my face. Of course, these three ladies mean business and they quickly went to work removing the growth. What a treat!

I'm BBS and have a smile on my face that you couldn't knock off with a big stick. What a way to start the day!

Thursday, December 29. Good Morning!

Morning Coffee: Hills Brothers Original Blend
Prep: Wash face with Musgo Real Glyce Lime
Razor: Schick G1
Blade: Schick
Soap: MWF
Brush: Simpsons Wee Scot
Scuttle: Dirty Bird 1.5

View attachment 209091

Wednesday;

Omega - Semogue 830 - Clements Perfection - Floid Blue

proxy.php

Thursday;

Martin De Candre - Semogue 610 - Deramaix Frameback - Dr Harris Arlington

proxy.php

Thursday

Bukhave Bowl
Semogue 2011 LE, Finest bristle 1
Merkur Bakelite with Lord Super Stainless

Floïd Suave After Shave
Ferrari Passion EdT

proxy.php

Mühle R 106
with Perma Sharp (3)
H. L. Thäter 49125/1 Silvertip
Confianca Veleiro SC
Weleda ASB
Hermes EdT

Have a nice day!
:001_smile

proxy.php

Gents,

Something new just premiered during my evening shave:

- face wash with balea wash gel
- Wilkinson stick soap (new to me) w/ balea badger
- Merkur HD w/ store brand ("Tip") personna blade
- 4711 after shave

Wow, that blue little fellow is one fine soap! Pretty decent scent, very nice lather, smooth result, and my skin feels pretty good on top of that.

proxy.php

Highly recommended soap!

Have a good one!

Tabac // Simpson DUKE 3 Two Band // Merkur Progress // Thayers // Balsamo Tabac

proxy.php

Wednesday

Ikea Glass Bowl
Mühle Silvertip LE with rose gold handle
Mühle R41 LE with rose gold handle

Speick After Shave Balm
Geo. F. Trumper Eucris EdT

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 26mm Thäter "SRP 2011 Ltd. Ed.", 2-band Silvertip Badger
Razor: 8/8" F.W. Engels "Trade Mark", Full Hollow Ground, Spike Point
Honing Regimen: Chosera 1k, 2k, 5k, 10k, followed by Kiita/Asagi Hybrid with Botan/Tenjou/Koma/Tomonagura progression
Strop: 0/25 laps (Tony Miller Horsehide Heirloom strop)
Soapreme: Acca Kappa "1869" Shave Creme + Acca Kappa "1869" Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Lavender, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: Vintage Paco Rabanne AS
After Shave Balm: Paco Rabanne ASB
Results: Today, I shaved with another monster in my collection - the Engels Trade Mark. I had to couple this beauty with the Thäter "SRP 2011 Ltd. Ed., and the Acca Kappa line up. The result was an ultra-luxurious shave :001_wub:. One can always count on the Acca Kappa über to consistently deliver the goods. It never fails. To top it off, the feel of the Thäter tips messaging the skin was just heavenly
proxy.php
. I must confess though, despite her being a nudge stiffer, I give this Engels a slight edge (pun intended
proxy.php
) over the Blackie as far as the smoothness of the shave is concerned (and they both received the same honing treatment). However, more experimentation is needed to substantiate this observation. Also, my wife and I were recently remodeling our condo (where my mother-in-law is living) and in organizing boxes, we came across some vintage Paco Rabanne Aftershave (probably 1960s or 70s) that my late father-in-law (God bless his soul) used to own, but never used. They were still in their original packing, unopened. Imagine my delight when I (of course) found out that I will be the new owner
proxy.php
. So, in honor of him, I used one today...let me tell you though: they just don't make them like they used to. Nothing beats the good ol' days of vintage-ness (cars, razors, colognes, well, almost anything). Another super shave to start this beautiful Wednesday :thumbsup:.

proxy.php

Have a STUPENDOUS Wednesday gentlemen
proxy.php

Razor|Thiers Issard evidé Sonnant 6/8
Brush|Joris Pur Gris Européen
Soap|Martin de Candre
Astringent|Thayer's Witch Hazel astringent
Aftershave|Martin de Candre huile de Camomile
EdT|Fragonard Cologne Grand Luxe
Comment| After a mach3 shave the straight has given back to me the feeling of a real shave. French stuff had become the best partners for this TI evidé sonnant and the result has been better than expected. The Humble Witch Hazel is a fantastic product and it makes better the camomille oil from Martin de Candre, I didn't expet that the best of this shave would be the aftershave but it was .

proxy.php

15/16 Filarmonica "Doble Temple" #14, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
Semogue 2011 Limited Edition Finest Badger 2, #21
Geo. F. Trumper's Rose Shaving Cream
Alum Block
Paco Rabanne XS Aftershave
Domenico Caraceni 1913 EdT

proxy.php

Good morning friends!
PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 23 mm Shavemac, Finest Badger ("Gut-rasiert" forum / 2011)
SOAP/CREAM: Mama Bear's Caribbean Glycerin Shave Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 6/8" HartSteel BG, Satin, Quarter Ground, Square Point, O-1 steel (w/ blue silicon scales)
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan # 60.000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG / XTG
AS: Alt-Innsbruck
RESULT: BBS shave :001_smile

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Amazing pictures and gear, It feels I need to go shopping :)

Gillette Knack
with Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Kent BK 2 Silvertip

and just arrived - a little late, but not too late - Christmas mail from Barcelona:
- Williams Crema de afeitar
- Williams Aqua Velva blue
Muchas Gracias, Luis :wink2:

Have a nice day :001_smile

proxy.php

Congratulations on those products, Erwin. Luis is a true friend!:thumbup1:
P.S. That chocolate is doing well. I'd have eaten it by now if I was you!!!:lol::lol:

Some fantastic pics in this thread, as always.

EJ DE89L
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge
Thater 4125/1
MdC
Alum block
Lotion Opaline AS
CeraVe Moisturizer

Pen's English Fern Jabon // JMP Medallon Taurino Capote // Simpsons Chubby 2 // Pen's English Fern Aftershave

proxy.php

Superb shot, Luis.:thumbup1: How do you find that EF soap, performance wise? Many of us here, including myself, are unable to get anything close to a decent lather.:001_huh: The scent is amazing though. I'm guessing the aftershave is the same scent??

Friday

Proshave Scuttle
Mühle LE Silvertip
Mühle R41 LE with Feather (right side of the face)
Gillette Tech with Feather (left side of the face)

Proraso Liquid Cream After Shave
Penhaligon's Esprit Du Roi EdT

proxy.php

At the same time, Soren???!!!!!:w00t::lol::lol::lol: Gorgeous shot!:thumbup1:

Friday, 30.XII.2011

Totalshave Oil
Semogue 830
vintage Williams lanolina
Merkur 37C
Astra Super Platinum
Thayers Witch Hazel lemon
vintage Williams Aqua Velva ASL

proxy.php

Really enjoying my new slant, what a great shaver!
Congratulations on the slant, Emanuel. I've used the 39, but not the 37. Always preferred the shorter handles, but straights got in the way before I got the chance to try the 37. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom