What's new

What annoys you?

Ok, I have a grocery store story. This high school age chickie was checking me out.. (my food, not me), I only had a couple things, but one of them was a head of iceburg lettuce. After she rung it up she said "you know, iceburg lettuce has no nutritional value".. I said.. "fine, I won't buy it, in fact, I'm not buying anything from you" - then I went over to her manager and told him that one of his clerks was trying to persude me from buying an item, so I said that I didn't wish to be lectured about my purchases, and that I wouldn't be coming back. Hehe. Sometimes I wish I could have heard that conversation that followed.. but I left.

-Mason

Reminds me of a time I had at a grocery store. The Albertsons where I lived back in my undergrad days always had a "promo of the week" that was up next to each register. There was a sign next to it that said "If the checker does not tell you about this special, you get one for free." I once called a checker on it (it was something stupid like a box of crackers or something), and he started yelling at me that he had told me about the box of crackers. Seriously yelling. I get annoyed when people yell at me and tell me I am lying...grrrr

People who insist on childproofing their house instead of houseproofing their child. Then they try to insist I do the same, for the sake of their children (I don't have any). If they would just teach little Johny not to stick things in the outlet or play with kitchen knives etc. There wouldn't be a problem.
While I agree that they have no right to insist that you childproof your house, you may be surprised to learn that it's very difficult (if not impossible) to houseproof one's child. You see, they're children and tend to not know their limits so well and have sub-optimal impulse control; they also have a lot to learn in life. That's why they don't live alone or hold down jobs.

Ok, I have a grocery store story. This high school age chickie was checking me out.. (my food, not me), I only had a couple things, but one of them was a head of iceburg lettuce. After she rung it up she said "you know, iceburg lettuce has no nutritional value".. I said.. "fine, I won't buy it, in fact, I'm not buying anything from you" - then I went over to her manager and told him that one of his clerks was trying to persude me from buying an item, so I said that I didn't wish to be lectured about my purchases, and that I wouldn't be coming back. Hehe. Sometimes I wish I could have heard that conversation that followed.. but I left.

-Mason

Well that will teach the poor girl to be sociable.

People who forget their password one day after changing it and then asking me to drop everything to reset and complaining that we have too many passwords!!!!:cursing:

YES, I am an IT guy!

Cheers!

People who forget their password one day after changing it and then asking me to drop everything to reset and complaining that we have too many passwords!!!!:cursing:

YES, I am an IT guy!

Cheers!

I'm also an IT guy, and well...one of those guys. :whistling: Hey, what can I say? Coming off of an 8 day vacation, it's hard to remember 6 passwords. :rolleyes:

I should have worked in IT. I feel as if I know more than my IT guys. Every time I call them (rarely), I tell them all of the steps I've tried to solve the problem, and they usually can't do anything more. They place a ticket and pass it to dayshift. It drives me crazy!!!

==Tom

I should have worked in IT. I feel as if I know more than my IT guys. Every time I call them (rarely), I tell them all of the steps I've tried to solve the problem, and they usually can't do anything more. They place a ticket and pass it to dayshift. It drives me crazy!!!

==Tom

Um...do we work for the same company? :lol:

Hospital cafeteria food. Specifically what they consider to be healthful:mad3: little or no meat and I can never get whole milk. But of course I can get a quart sized bottle of soda pop loaded with sugar.:confused: Donuts, candy bars, and pastries on almost every floor:rolleyes:

Hospital cafeteria food. Specifically what they consider to be healthful:mad3: little or no meat and I can never get whole milk. But of course I can get a quart sized bottle of soda pop loaded with sugar.:confused: Donuts, candy bars, and pastries on almost every floor:rolleyes:

The food at my hospital is pretty good. Expensive, but good. You can also get whole milk. Was it your diet while staying there?

==Tom

I'll start:
You're at the grocery store waiting on line to check out. As you near your chance to get your stuff on the conveyor, your significant other says "Oh! I forgot something! I'll grab it and be right back....", leaving you to get madder and madder as your items get rung up while they are running around the store.

+1
I thought I was the only person experiencing this glad to know I have some to share my misery :smile:

Here is another if I may - I waiting in line at the grocery store thinking I have picked the smallest line with the person ahead of me with least amount of items ....
and it all goes down hill when the person ahead of me decides to open up a booklet of coupons for each item they have purchased and typically these "coupon fanatics" will pay with a check to make it even more agonizing.

YES, I am an IT guy!

Cheers!

Here is a solution. IT guys should not ask people to change passwords every nanosecond and require the password to have upper case, lower case, special characters, numbers and a break dance move and be 50 characters long. (it defeats the purpose of security.) :biggrin:

-Disgruntled password changer

Here is a solution. IT guys should not ask people to change passwords every nanosecond and require the password to have upper case, lower case, special characters, numbers and a break dance move and be 50 characters long. (it defeats the purpose of security.) :biggrin:

-Disgruntled password changer

Here, here!

There, there!

Uh...I mean me too. What's wrong with letting people keep the PW that they can remember? :cursing:

Then again, I suppose it's not really secure until you yourself can't remember it. Comes in handy when someone's trying to, uh...extricate the information using various means. :rolleyes:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
When people use the word "of" in place of "have".

For example, "He could of killed me". When a person takes the time to write something, don't they ever stop to think what those words mean? I see this frequently on another forum in my recent job search.

Anyone can make a typo or use a word incorrectly once in a while, but constantly making the same mistakes annoys me.

I have the same reaction to split infinitives. Correct English ain't important no more, I guess. Clear writing requires clear thinking.

Top Bottom