What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

IWC/TZC

full

very nice

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the deal with all these watches some of you guys wear? I like to see neat watches as much as anyone, and there are some really good examples here. It appears that some of you have collections of dozens or hundreds of watches worth perhaps tens of thousands of dollars.

I'm puzzled about this. I think I don't understand the possibility of such massive collections of anything. If I had dozens or hundreds of any collectible thing, I can imagine reaching a point where only a very few have any particular meaning to them.

I'm just wondering what motivates some of you to have such large, or seemingly large, watch collections.

Good Day:

I imagine it is the same motivation that makes people collect stamps, old letters, graveyard rubbings, or, dare I say it, razors, brushes, mugs . . .

(Not that anybody here is guilty of that . . .)

Regards,

- John

I think that the watch community is one in which collectors "rotate stock."

It seems as though some of the guys here buy watches, fix them, wear them for a while and then sell them in order to get something else that's catching their eye at the moment.

What's the deal with all these watches some of you guys wear? I like to see neat watches as much as anyone, and there are some really good examples here. It appears that some of you have collections of dozens or hundreds of watches worth perhaps tens of thousands of dollars.

I'm puzzled about this. I think I don't understand the possibility of such massive collections of anything. If I had dozens or hundreds of any collectible thing, I can imagine reaching a point where only a very few have any particular meaning to them.

I'm just wondering what motivates some of you to have such large, or seemingly large, watch collections.

Seems to me that you have a very nice fedora collection! You appear to be a collector at heart and what you are really doing is trying to see if you really want to start a watch collection.:lol::lol: Right?

That's about the size of watch I wish I could have. Today's watches are too big for me.
John, I agree with you, that is one of the reasons that I collect vintage watches. This watch is 36mm excluding the crown. Today, It would be hard to find a watch (even so called uni-sex watches) that is smaller than 38mm. However, I am not completely set against the larger modern watches. They seem more sporty while the smaller watches seem more refined.

Vietnam War production Ollech & Wajs MP broadarrow in A. Schild 2063. 6 beats per second. I have a thing for military watches in various movements, and this is one of my most accurate. The lume is long-dead, and the crystal and case have seen better days, but I love taking it out for a spin from time to time.
-- Chet

Vietnam War production Ollech & Wajs MP broadarrow in A. Schild 2063. 6 beats per second. I have a thing for military watches in various movements, and this is one of my most accurate. The lume is long-dead, and the crystal and case have seen better days, but I love taking it out for a spin from time to time.
-- Chet

That one is beauty! Thank you for sharing.

Top Bottom