What's new

Acquisitions 29th March - 4th April

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a little trip this morning to a foreign country called the "Upper East Side" to finally pay a visit to Pasteur's and Cambridge Chemists. I brought these home, with considerable effort to maintain self-control:

proxy.php

I am also gearing up to clean some recent acquisitions, notably a near-mint cased Red Tip found at a vintage store out of state two weeks ago for $10:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Snagged a great deal on the Bay, i put in a bid i thought would be a third of the final sales price and won!

I've been after a Tennis Razor for some time!

proxy.php

D

doleeo

Snagged a great deal on the Bay, i put in a bid i thought would be a third of the final sales price and won!

Josh, I was dangerously close to bidding on that. However, I won a razor that ended 5 minutes before that, a nice C-Mon Stainless.

Here is a handmade gift from a old neighbor, followed by what I found at the flea market today. Isn't it funny that when you get a gift, you end up coming across two scuttles within 3-4 days?

proxy.php

Josh, I was dangerously close to bidding on that. However, I won a razor that ended 5 minutes before that, a nice C-Mon Stainless.

Damn it you two! I would have easily bid higher on both those razors and was watching them earlier today but completely forgot. I've been looking for a Tennis as well.

Just kidding (not about the I would have bid part), congrats on your scores :thumbup1:

D

doleeo

Damn it you two! I would have easily bid higher on both those razors and was watching them earlier today but completely forgot. I've been looking for a Tennis as well.

Just kidding (not about the I would have bid part), congrats on your scores :thumbup1:

I was wondering where everyone was for those auctions!

Ethan, thanks for letting me have the Tennis, i know you've enjoyed them before. Let's see a link to the C-Mon, i don't think i saw it.

I was wondering where everyone was for those auctions!

Sleeping, no doubt about it! Did you two see the Kissing Kranes from Solingen that sold for 35? It too was a killer looking shaver!

Does the 444 live up to the hype?

Is that your first boar? I've been thinking about picking one up, would be curious to hear your thoughts.

Aaron, i haven't seen too much hype about the 444, but maybe because i use it every single day. it makes the alcohol splash a little mentholated and a little moisturizing. i believe the only active ingrediants in the balm are Menthol and Glycerin; place a pea sized amount in your palm before you splash your AS and it works like a dream.

It is my second Boar after the VDH i picked up when i couldn't wait for the badger to arrive. I hate it.

indeed it has soft tips, but it will not hold lather. I keep hearing these things are supposed to break in, but even so, i can't imagine them being better than a badger brush.

I took a little trip this morning to a foreign country called the "Upper East Side" to finally pay a visit to Pasteur's and Cambridge Chemists. I brought these home, with considerable effort to maintain self-control:

proxy.php

Marc--what is the shaving cream pictured on the right?

I couldn't tell you for sure, but I've heard the price 299,- DKK

But you could try an e-mail to: [email protected] for the correct answer.

Thanks, John! I might give it a go. $54 isn't that bad, I wonder if anyone here has tried it out?

Beautiful scores, Gents!
Juha, nice to see that your collection is growing! Congrats!

Thanks, Hypo! I am trying my best to emulate people here!:wink2: The Aristocrat I got from you is still at the place of honour in my collection. Along with my Dad's old Slim, of course. Getting a Bull Mastiff in a bit, it's getting crowded...

Jim, that scuttle your neigbour gave you looks fun, are there tiny pawprints on the edge? How does it work? I must say I just love the blue victorian scuttle, though. It seems the older I get, the more I start to appreciate old things. I wonder why?:001_rolle

I like using 444 after shave balm (the tube stuff). It's cheap and it moisturises and softens the blow from those splashes which don't have a separate balm on offer. Good stuff. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
For those of you asking, 444 is awesome. I have a tube I have been using for about 4 months that is still half full and I will be buying a few more tubes soon just to have them on hand.

I use it straight, no mixing with splash.

Picked this bad boy up off a craigslist ad for 25$. The guy literaly lived one street over. It is clean!!!! never been used.
date code is D1

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I goot some of this stuf from Phill at Bullgooseshaving.net, among other colognes that are now on the bst, ou beauty, and a local perfume store. Also got a fresh bottle of gendarme cologne spray on the way.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I wasn't going to post this one until I got the razors home and I could take some good photographs of them but seeings that there is a thread on it http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=141868
I'll put up the info. It is a lot of 15 razors.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

By my reckoning but in no particular order the 15 razors are

Double ring - my Holy Grail
Toggle
Aristocrat
Bostonian New
New Deluxe
Goodwill
Slim adjustable
New