What's new

Information And Experiences From Ikon Tech Users Please Gentlemen.

Any information about the behaviour and quality of the Ikon Tech would be most appreciated Gents.

Yes, I do know of it's reputation.

Any feedback from owners as to it's performance, physical characteristics and general user experiences much appreciated.

Last edited:
They’ve had everything on clearance for a while. Seems like they’re not planning on reinvesting any money into the company. If there is a product they have and you even “kind of” are thinking about it now many be a good time to buy Before they disappear or everything gets sold out.

They’ve had everything on clearance for a while. Seems like they’re not planning on reinvesting any money into the company. If there is a product they have and you even “kind of” are thinking about it now many be a good time to buy Before they disappear or everything gets sold out.
Thanks Joe

Have you used the razor?

I owned one before selling. The Ikon is a good, efficient, and aggressive razor. Comparison to the Stirling hyper-aggressive plate is a fair one, but I found the Ikon to be relatively more comfortable, or at least "safer," as the Stirling HA has a HUGE blade gap. The Stirling HA gave me a nice cut on the dome, whereas the Ikon did not draw blood. But I always felt "white knuckled" the few times I used it.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Any information about the behaviour and quality of the Ikon Tech would be most appreciated Gents.

Any feedback from owners as to it's performance, physical characteristics and general user experiences much appreciated.

@never-stop-learning Do you have any thoughts or advice David?

You rang? :)

I like the Ikon Tek quite a bit. Used steep (and with care), it is capable of a highly efficient shave.
20220607_203825~2.jpg
20210608_113539~2.jpg

I rate the Ikon B1 Standard as a bit more effective. Almost as efficient, but smoother, a bit more maneuverable and more predictable.
20220816_153933~2.jpg
20210719_153449~2.jpg

More on both the Tek and the B1 Standard here:

Thread 'Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD)' Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/comparison-of-de-razors-in-my-den-from-75-to-125-usd.600310/

Hope this helps. :)

You rang? :)

I like the Ikon Tek quite a bit. Used steep (and with care), it is capable of a highly efficient shave.
View attachment 1642496View attachment 1642497
I rate the Ikon B1 Standard as a bit more effective. Almost as efficient, but smoother, a bit more maneuverable and more predictable.
View attachment 1642498View attachment 1642499
More on both the Tek and the B1 Standard here:

Thread 'Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD)' Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/comparison-of-de-razors-in-my-den-from-75-to-125-usd.600310/

Hope this helps. :)
@never-stop-learning Thanks David! I also remember your thread about the the Tech clone challenge. But when I searched I couldn't find it. That is why I rang. Have a great Day continued great shaves to you!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I found it more pleasant than I expected. I paired it with a timeless aluminum handle and the light weight combination tones done the aggression. Timeless aluminum scratch and dent complete set (with stand) can be had for 50$ if I remember correctly. I'd say its less aggressive than a timeless .78 bronze and stiling HA. Nice razor, worth a try if you like efficiency.

@never-stop-learning, I very much appreciate your 'effectiveness' evaluation criteria. I saw your list of considered elements in another thread recently (sorry, don't remember which) and it was a revelation. For sure, there is far more to consider with a razor than just it's raw efficiency as many posts above have alluded to. Cheers to you, sir! 🍻

As for me, I would say in terms of efficiency alone the Tek has very few peers. IMHO, it requires top-notch prep, a steep angle and a steady nerve to wield safely. Having seen to all that, the Tek will get you to your target with almost unparalleled haste, requiring fewer strokes/passes than even some of it's super-aggressive colleagues.

However...

Is it effective? Well, judging by David's criteria, for me the answer is no. IMO it sacrifices too much smoothness and ease of use to be a regularly viable option in my den. I would liken it to trying to subsist on a steady diet of ghost pepper-laced hot wings. Fun occasionally, perhaps. But every meal, every day? There be dragons. ;)

I have an Ikon Tek.

My thoughts on the fit and finish are that it's a very nice looking, well finished razor but mine does have issues with blade alignment. It's not a major thing but I do have to be aware of it as if I just drop a blade in without checking it can be quite a way off perfectly centred.

In use it is very efficient. I like aggressive razors and the Ikon Tek is up there with the best of them.

(note: I'd love to own and try a Stirling HA but being in the UK they are seemingly impossible to get hold of - if anyone could help I'd be very grateful).

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
@never-stop-learning, I very much appreciate your 'effectiveness' evaluation criteria. I saw your list of considered elements in another thread recently (sorry, don't remember which) and it was a revelation. For sure, there is far more to consider with a razor than just it's raw efficiency as many posts above have alluded to. Cheers to you, sir! 🍻

As for me, I would say in terms of efficiency alone the Tek has very few peers. IMHO, it requires top-notch prep, a steep angle and a steady nerve to wield safely. Having seen to all that, the Tek will get you to your target with almost unparalleled haste, requiring fewer strokes/passes than even some of it's super-aggressive colleagues.

However...

Is it effective? Well, judging by David's criteria, for me the answer is no. IMO it sacrifices too much smoothness and ease of use to be a regularly viable option in my den. I would liken it to trying to subsist on a steady diet of ghost pepper-laced hot wings. Fun occasionally, perhaps. But every meal, every day? There be dragons. ;)
Thank you very much for your kind comments. Much appreciated. :)

Thanks for your very relevant feedback and impressions Gentlemen! Much appreciated.

An update. I requested a shipping quote for the item from the Ikon website, as the company requires from non CONUS potential customers.

I have not recieved a reply after six days now.

I find that rather sloppy from a business, and coupled with user feedback here, I have formed a somewhat negative impression on this razor, and the company that makes and sells it.

Thanks for all replies as always on product impression requests!

Last edited:

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I have an Ikon Tek.

My thoughts on the fit and finish are that it's a very nice looking, well finished razor but mine does have issues with blade alignment. It's not a major thing but I do have to be aware of it as if I just drop a blade in without checking it can be quite a way off perfectly centred.

In use it is very efficient. I like aggressive razors and the Ikon Tek is up there with the best of them.

(note: I'd love to own and try a Stirling HA but being in the UK they are seemingly impossible to get hold of - if anyone could help I'd be very grateful).
Maggards ships to the UK I received a Pearl Hammer from them recently. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom