What's new

Amazing ARKO!

Amazing ARKO!!!

I finally broke down under the pressure of @FarmerTan and @Alum Ladd and bought a tub of ARKO!!! Soap in a Bowl. I’ve discovered it’s truly unbelievable!

During a recent family gathering, I was explaining the benefits of wet shaving and whipped up an ARKO! lather. All my in-laws left.

I didn’t need to shave at the time, so I dumped the ARKO! lather on one of the anthills in our yard, and they all died.

The brush I used was a “shedder”, but afterwards the knot dissolved. Not shed and fell out, it disappeared completely leaving only the handle. I’m now hoping Rudy Vey can re-knot it before the handle dissolves.

The shave mug I used was a vintage Old Spice, it’s clean now (I guess), the ship sailed right off the outside.

Seeing the wondrous effects of ARKO! I took a plug off the soap placing it in our outdoor gazebo commonly plagued with mosquitos. 24 hours later, the mosquitoes put up a sign, “Enter at Your Own Risk!”

Left the remaining tub in the “Shave Den”, (which my lovely bride still calls the upstairs bathroom). After 24 hours, she moved all of her girl stuff to the downstairs bathroom. Win/Win!

For those of you “disconcerted” by the less-than-complimentary descriptions of ARKO!, be advised: it’s an unbelievable product! In just the past three days it’s:
  • Removed road asphalt from my truck
  • Cleaned out a plumbing clog (which Mr. Plumber failed to do after four attempts)
  • Removed the hard water stains from our toilet, and
  • Forced the neighbors downwind of us, (whom we do not like), to put their house up for sale!
I’ll never underestimate the value of ARKO! again. It’s truly a miracle multitasker. I believe in it so completely now that I took the remainder of the tub to our barn. The rats and mice moved out and I haven’t seen a pigeon in three days. But I have noticed an increase in the turkey vultures.

Long Live ARKO!

Curly Out…..Of ARKO. No PIF’s of ARKO! to me please.

P.S. ARKO! also cleaned the toilet out right down to the tile flooring. I guess I left it in there too long. Had to buy a new toilet. And new tile. Note to self, flush ARKO! fast before you discover the deleterious effects.

Curly Out

Last edited:
Amazing ARKO!!!

I finally broke down under the pressure of @FarmerTan and @Alum Ladd and bought a tub of ARKO!!! Soap in a Bowl. I’ve discovered it’s truly unbelievable!

During a recent family gathering, I was explaining the benefits of wet shaving and whipped up an ARKO! lather. All my in-laws left.

I didn’t need to shave at the time, so I dumped the ARKO! lather on one of the anthills in our yard, and they all died.

The brush I used was a “shedder”, but afterwards the knot dissolved. Not shed and fell out, it disappeared completely leaving only the handle. I’m now hoping Rudy Vey can re-knot it before the handle dissolves.

The shave mug I used was a vintage Old Spice, it’s clean now (I guess), the ship sailed right off the outside.

Seeing the wondrous effects of ARKO! I took a plug off the soap placing it in our outdoor gazebo commonly plagued with mosquitos. 24 hours later, the mosquitoes put up a sign, “Enter at Your Own Risk!”

Left the remaining tub in the “Shave Den”, (which my lovely bride still calls the upstairs bathroom). After 24 hours, she moved all of her girl stuff to the downstairs bathroom. Win/Win!

For those of you “disconcerted” by the less-than-complimentary descriptions of ARKO!, be advised: it’s an unbelievable product! In just the past three days it’s:
  • Cleaned out a plumbing clog (which Mr. Plumber failed to do after four attempts)
  • Forced the neighbors downwind of us, (whom we do not like), to put their house up for sale!
I’ll never underestimate the value of ARKO! again. It’s truly a miracle multitasker. I believe in it so completely now that I took the remainder of the tub to our barn. The rats and mice moved out and I haven’t seen a pigeon in three days. But I have noticed an increase in the turkey vultures.

Long Live ARKO!

P.S. ARKO! also cleaned the toilet out right down to the tile flooring. I guess I left it in there too long. Had to buy a new toilet. And new tile. Note to self, flush ARKO! fast before you discover the deleterious effects.

Curly Out
Curly, Almost believable except for your lead in regarding purchase of a "tub of Ark soap in a bowl" that indicates you may not actually own the product or at the very least are overstating the benefits. The tubs (actually pucks in a bowl) were from a special production run from over 5-6 years ago and while still for sale, they have lost most of their delightful Arko scent responsible for the almost magical powers noted (the one I purchased last year was manufactured in 2016) and so are not capable of delivering all the benefits noted above beyond that of a great shave.🙂

It's the Arko sticks available from much more recent production that provide the full set of Arko benefits including the signature scent. Curly, if you had led your post with the purchase of Arko sticks we could actually believe that you really did purchase Arko and realized all the benefits that you posted above. Unfortunately what you wrote is just not possible from a 6+ year old puck of Arko. :)🤣
🤣

P.S. On the Arko sticks, in addition to great shaves, don't forget, should you acquire some, to note that inhaling the aroma generally enables the blind to walk and the lame to see :) .

Pesky mosquitos a problem?
Irritated by that 'new car' aroma?
Hitchhiker defense mode wanted? ( © MikeM)

Arko!

img_4254-jpg.1477805

Amazing ARKO!!!

Long Live ARKO!

Curly Out
When I was on Army latrine duty (1974) the stuff we used on the crapper's smelled just like ARKO and it worked like a dream. Yikes. Maybe the stuff found a new home....

Amazing ARKO!!!

Long Live ARKO!

Curly Out

You forgot to read the instructions completely - "Must be applied with a dead badger."

Curly, Almost believable except for your lead in regarding purchase of a "tub of Ark soap in a bowl" that indicates you may not actually own the product or at the very least are overstating the benefits. The tubs (actually pucks in a bowl) were from a special production run from over 5-6 years ago and while still for sale, they have lost most of their delightful Arko scent responsible for the almost magical powers noted (the one I purchased last year was manufactured in 2016) and so are not capable of delivering all the benefits noted above beyond that of a great shave.🙂

It's the Arko sticks available from much more recent production that provide the full set of Arko benefits including the signature scent. Curly, if you had led your post with the purchase of Arko sticks we could actually believe that you really did purchase Arko and realized all the benefits that you posted above. Unfortunately what you wrote is just not possible from a 6+ year old puck of Arko. :)🤣
🤣

P.S. On the Arko sticks, in addition to great shaves, don't forget, should you acquire some, to note that inhaling the aroma generally enables the blind to walk and the lame to see :) .
Well I’ve been busted, sort of.

I did get a tub of ARKO! Soap off Amazon for $6.89, free Prime shipping. And now thanks to Lane101, I realize I overpaid.
5490B909-AA31-4772-AE1C-8EF44C82F11B.jpeg

Since it’s old stock according to Lane101, and it’s scent has lost its ultimate potency, my results are now questionable and thus void. I can only imagine how great it would have worked during my initial testing if it had been new. Back to the drawing board. My most sincere apology to everyone here who might have taken my results seriously and invested in this fine product based upon my results. Obviously I’ve erred in my testing methods and please note YMMV with this outdated ARKO! Soap from Amazon.

Thanks Lane101!!!! I’ll order an ARKO! Shave Stick and start over, assuming my in-laws ever come back,…..or the ants, rodents, or that durn schooner missing from my Old Spice mug. But I’m not wasting another shave brush on this experiment and I still can’t get rid of the turkey buzzards on the barn.

Most Appreciatively,

Curly

Last edited:
Amazing ARKO!!!

Long Live ARKO!

Curly Out
My question is, what do Moe and Larry think of it?

Well I’ve been busted, sort of.

I did get a tub of ARKO! Soap off Amazon for $6.89, free Prime shipping. And now thanks to Lane101, I realize I overpaid. View attachment 1486664

Since it’s old stock according to Lane101, and it’s scent has lost its ultimate potency, my results are now questionable and thus void. I can only imagine how great it would have worked during my initial testing if it had been new. Back to the drawing board. My most sincere apology to everyone here who might have taken my results seriously and invested in this fine product based upon my results. Obviously I’ve erred in my testing methods and please note YMMV with this outdated ARKO! Soap from Amazon.

Thanks Lane101!!!! I’ll order an ARKO! Shave Stick and start over, assuming my in-laws ever come back,…..or the ants, rodents, or that durn schooner missing from my Old Spice mug. But I’m not wasting another shave brush on this experiment and I still can’t get rid of the turkey buzzards on the barn.

Most Appreciatively,

Curly
Hi Curly, I thought your original post was hilarious and very well written. Well done. Doubt if it was taken seriously. Also hope the same is true for my response as it was meant to be a humerous as well. My puck, while it had a much weaker scent then the newer sticks, shaved really well. Achieved similar excellent performance from the shave sticks. Both easily make lots of slick thick lather.

How well did your Arko puck work for you from a shaving performance perspective once you used a brush that did not dissolve :) ? Note that your really didn't overpay as the pricing for discontinued items tends to go up over time. Sticks are the better value as they are current production.

Last edited:
My question is, what do Moe and Larry think of it?
South Dakota Guy,

Larry quit shaving completely in order to screen test for “Mountain Men”. He was passed over. Moe passed away…..before smelling ARKO!,…..thankfully, I fear the scent would have killed him.

Thank you for asking.

Most Respectfully,

Curly

P.S. Larry is still seeking employment and would consider a celebrity endorsement of shaving products. As his agent, I can say all those hits to the face with frying pans and such may have affected his ability to smell, so he could endorse ARKO! in good conscience. As you can see, we Stooges don’t lie! Happy ARKO! shaves, Y’all!

Hi Curly, I thought your original post was hilarious and very well written. Well done. Doubt if it was taken seriously. Also hope the same is true for my response as it was meant to be a humerous as well. My puck, while it had a much weaker scent then the newer sticks, shaved really well. Achieved similar excellent performance from the shave sticks. Both easily make lots of slick thick lather.

How well did your Arko puck work for you from a shaving performance perspective once you used a brush that did not dissolve :) ? Note that your really didn't overpay as the pricing for discontinued items tends to go up over time. Sticks are the better value as they are current production.
Lane101,

Your post was quite funny! I laughed out loud. I especially liked your closing line!!! Very well-phrased!

As to shaving with ARKO!, Oh! God forbid!!! I didn’t do that. It’s much too valuable performing the other remarkable feats I mentioned to waste it on shaving. I’ve got a bunch of soaps and creams (thanks to those here at B&B) to perform that rather simple but enjoyable task. If I could get La Pe’re Lucien Oud Neroli, Colonel Conk’s World Famous Glycerin Amber Shave Soap, or TOBS Sandalwood to repel my in-laws, I’d buy it by the truckload. But nothing can replace ARKO! as the ultimate bargain-priced multi-tasker!

And thanks again for pointing out my error in buying outdated tubs. When my ARKO! Shave Sticks arrive I’m going to test them even further. I intend to open one up in our spare bedroom. We have wallpaper that needs removing.

Curly Out

I posted a slightly longer version of this in Arko August, but I wanted to post here too because I figured most people reading that thread will already be familiar with Arko…

A480A23F-965E-45A7-9E6B-8E1D39586686.jpeg

I stayed away from ARKO for so long because of the comparisons to citronella and urinal cakes. The former surprisingly being more of a deterrent than the latter (can’t stand the smell of citronella).
I also anticipated a strongly scented soap. A VERY STRONGLY SCENTED SOAP! I personally found none of that to be true. No citronella, no urinal cake, and no STRONG scents. My best description would be, a simple mild soapy smell. Perhaps a mild, slightly lemony version of Ivory hand soap. And, I’m definitely happy with the performance for such a value soap.

I do however, really enjoy all the back-and-forth ARKO commentary on B&B. So please disregard everything I’ve just said!! 😂
But seriously, if you’re letting the scent descriptions stop you from trying it out, just go for it and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Use ARKO and Prosper Friends 🖖🏼

Amazing ARKO!!!

Long Live ARKO!

Curly Out

I can see WD40 factory putting up an "up for sale " sign already ...

Top Bottom