What's new

Reducing the shower curtain effect

+1 They're good!

EDIT- Just noticed your post about toilet proximity. Can you hang the bowed rod higher up? The curtain will still tuck inside the tub, so you won't be losing any real-estate outside the tub near the bottom.
Sure definite fix is 1- fix curtain, at top, least 10cm away from bathtub, that is not straight up. 2- seam at bottom of curtain must be 1-1.5 cm. Fill seam with clean washed sand, as weights. washed sand available from builders supplies and look for a broken bag, U only need ‘bout 200 gms, if that

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Sure definite fix is 1- fix curtain, at top, least 10cm away from bathtub, that is not straight up. 2- seam at bottom of curtain must be 1-1.5 cm. Fill seam with clean washed sand, as weights. washed sand available from builders supplies and look for a broken bag, U only need ‘bout 200 gms, if that
This guy had the problem 11 years ago and hasn't signed on in 5 years.
If he hasn't solved it by now...

The moving air inside the shower lowers the air pressure so the curtain is pushed in from outside the shower. The better your curtain seals off the shower the greater the curtain push will be. As craig87c mentioned, try to leave the back (or even the front if you can) end of the curtain open as much as possible. Also If you can lower the curtain rod to create a larger gap for air to come into the shower and equalize the pressure, that would help too. Lastly, the more/sooner you can get the water onto you rather than hitting nothing and just churning the air, the less your curtain will bend as well.

Wait what? Nov 8, 2011? Nevermind. However the advice still stands.

1656802341563.png

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
While I enjoy a good soak, my wife calls a bath "human soup".
She's of the Dilbert perspective that a bath is just someone soaking in their own filth :lol1:

I have to agree. Sometimes after a grueling, sweaty workout in the gym, after a shower, I will go straight from the walk in shower and hop into the jet tub for a relaxing soak.

And I still leave a scum ring after draining the tub? Doh!

The wife tells me my blackness is coming off! ;)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have to agree. Sometimes after a grueling, sweaty workout in the gym, after a shower, I will go straight from the walk in shower and hop into the jet tub for a relaxing soak.

And I still leave a scum ring after draining the tub? Doh!

:)
I tried to point that out to her as proof that I was actually cleaner after a bath than after a shower, or there wouldn't have been a ring after the bath.
Unsuccessful.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Does your shower have an innie or an outie?
I presume you mean curtain in the tub or outside the tub?
It's a dual curtain, fabric curtain that stays outside the tub with an additional plastic/vinyl curtain that goes in the tub.
I haven't had an issue since I got a curved rod, but I rarely take a shower in that bathroom. We have a shower in the master bath and a shower in the downstairs bath, but this bathroom is the only one that has a tub, and I usually do a soak there rather than a shower.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I presume you mean curtain in the tub or outside the tub?
It's a dual curtain, fabric curtain that stays outside the tub with an additional plastic/vinyl curtain that goes in the tub.
I haven't had an issue since I got a curved rod, but I rarely take a shower in that bathroom. We have a shower in the master bath and a shower in the downstairs bath, but this bathroom is the only one that has a tub, and I usually do a soak there rather than a shower.

Ok, so this brings up a curious thing to me. You have an inner plastic curtain and an outer fabric curtain; this makes sense to me.

But the wife put a shower curtain in our extra bathroom, that has an outer fabric curtain, but also has an inner fabric curtain? I don’t get it? If someone takes a shower in there, the bottom is going to get soaking wet?

My wife says it’s designed to drain inside the tub and then quick dry from the type of fabric? I’m like? Mmmmkay, but that’s weird?

Edit: This thread just made me go in there and look at it again. I do have to mention there are snaps about halfway up where the bottom of the inner fabric curtain can be unsnapped and thrown into a washing machine, so there’s that.

Still weird to me. :)

Top Bottom