What's new

Reducing the shower curtain effect

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I presume you mean curtain in the tub or outside the tub?
It's a dual curtain, fabric curtain that stays outside the tub with an additional plastic/vinyl curtain that goes in the tub.
I haven't had an issue since I got a curved rod, but I rarely take a shower in that bathroom. We have a shower in the master bath and a shower in the downstairs bath, but this bathroom is the only one that has a tub, and I usually do a soak there rather than a shower.
That ended up being an ill-fated attempt at humor.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Ok, so this brings up a curious thing to me. You have an inner plastic curtain and an outer fabric curtain; this makes sense to me.

But the wife put a shower curtain in our extra bathroom, that has an outer fabric curtain, but also has an inner fabric curtain? I don’t get it? If someone takes a shower in there, the bottom is going to get soaking wet?

My wife says it’s designed to drain inside the tub and then quick dry from the type of fabric? I’m like? Mmmmkay, but that’s weird?

Edit: This thread just made me go in there and look at it again. I do have to mention there are snaps about halfway up where the bottom of the inner fabric curtain can be unsnapped and thrown into a washing machine, so there’s that.

Still weird to me. :)
We live in curious times.
I'm sitting right now out on our screened porch, which has a floor covered with carpet that is made from recycled plastic bottles.
It's impervious to water, but soft and pliable. You wouldn't know if you walk on it with bare feet.
That's weird!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
We live in curious times.
I'm sitting right now out on our screened porch, which has a floor covered with carpet that is made from recycled plastic bottles.
It's impervious to water, but soft and pliable. You wouldn't know if you walk on it with bare feet.
That's weird!
That is weird! Very cool, but definitely weird! :)

I wear shirts in the summer that are made of recycled bottles. They are not as hot as cotton or cotton blends. I wear long sleeves to avoid sunscreen or too much sun exposure. They are cooler that a short sleeve cotton T.

Attachments

• 20220704_165150.jpg
    20220704_165150.jpg
    1,012.9 KB · Views: 4
Gentlemen, the OP has been dealing with this shower curtain problem for 11 years and now we’ve hijacked his thread to talk about shirts and carpets made from recycled bottles, and bottles made from recycled underwear.

Can we please get back on topic and help this guy solve his shower curtain problem once and for all?? 😏

Last edited:
Gentlemen, the OP has been dealing with this shower curtain problem for 11 years and now we’ve hijacked his thread to talk about shirts and carpets made from recycled bottles, and bottles made from recycled underwear.

Can we please get back on topic and help this guy solve his shower curtain problem once and for all?? 😏
Finally, a voice of reason. Fluttering shower curtains is a serious matter that affects almost everyone.

OkieStubble

Finally, a voice of reason. Fluttering shower curtains is a serious matter that affects almost everyone.

Wouldn’t self adhesive Velcro be a instant thought? You know, like the hook on the curtain weight and the loop stick to the tub?

The industrial stuff is pretty strong.

OkieStubble

They have those plastic splash guards you stick in the corners of the tub, kinda like mud flaps on a truck.

I’m outta ideas, this thread is sinking back into obscurity soon. :)

Top Bottom