What's new

Crooked Fatboy on eBay

I just got a second chance offer from a eBay seller on a Fatboy I didn't win.

The message from the seller:

Hello past bidder. It turns out that the winning bidder did not want the item when he received it. He brought our attentions to note that when you put a razor in the shaver, it is slightly crooked. We thought that we would let the other bidders know that it is again available, just in case you know how to fix the spring that is a little off or if you just want it for a collection. Let us know. If you do not want it, I will pass the offer on to the other bidders. Have a lovely day! Sincerely, xxxxxxx, xxxxxx.

So the Fatboy is back on eBay with Buy it Now and the following description:

You are bidding on this nice vintage Gillette Fatboy adjustable safety razor. These razors give a great shave. This one belonged to a great uncle of mine. It is nickel color, and I don't see any place where it has corroded through. The numbers are still black, and it appears to be in good working condition. The date code is H 4. Overall length is 3 1/2 in.

I guess I am not allowed to post the link to the auction before it has ended, but just wanted to warn you about this as the new description doesn't mention the true state of the razor.

Thought this was a thread about a chubby burglar........:eek:

Seriously, thanks for posting the heads up. Seems the seller might be a tad ethically challenged.:rolleyes:

I just got a second chance offer from a eBay seller on a Fatboy I didn't win.

The message from the seller:

Hello past bidder. It turns out that the winning bidder did not want the item when he received it. He brought our attentions to note that when you put a razor in the shaver, it is slightly crooked. We thought that we would let the other bidders know that it is again available, just in case you know how to fix the spring that is a little off or if you just want it for a collection. Let us know. If you do not want it, I will pass the offer on to the other bidders. Have a lovely day! Sincerely, xxxxxxx, xxxxxx.

So the Fatboy is back on eBay with Buy it Now and the following description:

You are bidding on this nice vintage Gillette Fatboy adjustable safety razor. These razors give a great shave. This one belonged to a great uncle of mine. It is nickel color, and I don't see any place where it has corroded through. The numbers are still black, and it appears to be in good working condition. The date code is H 4. Overall length is 3 1/2 in.

I guess I am not allowed to post the link to the auction before it has ended, but just wanted to warn you about this as the new description doesn't mention the true state of the razor.
Is there much of anything that isn't 'CROOKED' on e-pay. Buyer Beware!!!!

Top Bottom