What's new

Russia made blades questions

Is anyone concerned that the current situation in Russia/Ukraine could lead to Russian DE blades becoming unavailable in the US and elsewhere?
As most of my favorite blades come from St. Petersburg, I've just purchased a few hundred. Just curious what you all think.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
It's an interesting possibility. I'm flush with the Russian blades I use...generally, when I find I like a blade, I'll buy 100. But, I suppose a sudden shortage or scarcity is a possibility. Have to pray nothing happens for reasons other than razor blade availability.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It's an interesting possibility. I'm flush with the Russian blades I use...generally, when I find I like a blade, I'll buy 100. But, I suppose a sudden shortage or scarcity is a possibility. Have to pray nothing happens for reasons other than razor blade availability.
But that's reason enough!

Thanks a bunch, @Pub ! The thought hadn't crossed my mind until YOU brought it up!

interesting thread and altho my Nacets are made in russia and I would be sad to see them disappear from the market (which i feel is highly unlikely) there are enough others I've tried that would suffice... but I would miss them. :)

Edit... that being said I just saw 100 for $13 on Amazon and I bought them.... regardless of the situation in Russia it's a good price!

This 2 layers deep somehow I think I can wing it for a couple of years unless the Russians invade the Netherlands which will make all blades Russian

Let’s hope it blows over…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 153
I have more than 200 blades, most of them good ones, so I'm set for life......but...... I'm thinking I can suck my lovely War Department into a "Russian razor blade Conspiracy Theory!"

The "Twilight A'zon" awaits!!!
We do hope to enjoy your banter a tad longer than the average lifespan of 200 blades ;-) unless you go for the blade a quarter of course :)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I suppose if Russia (Soviet Union) invades Ukraine there will trade embargo for sure and razor blades will stop quickly out of the ST Petersburg Russia plant . They might sell them through other country's possibly, Who knows! Gillette have plants in India , China & Germany and Personna has plants all over the globe so it will not affect myself and many others.

This 2 layers deep somehow I think I can wing it for a couple of years unless the Russians invade the Netherlands which will make all blades Russian

Let’s hope it blows over…
I wish the Russians would focus more on blade domination. We can always go to straights if worse comes to worse.

With my current stock of blades, and assuming no better than average blade longevity, I've got 12-ish years before I need to worry about running out. I don't think it'll be a problem for me. heh

Top Bottom