What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Hello,
Yes, it is considered a straight razor. It was designed by Ryuchi Saito, a famous master barber in Japan. It is a SK1. There are 2 other models less curved: SK2 and SK3.
It is perfect for shaving angular faces. The blade is very short making it very handy and the curvature allows it to reach difficult places while shaving.
It is a very good blade
That’s what I wrote, but I could have sworn I wrote it in English. 🙂

PXL_20220125_161520085-01.jpeg

CVH, MK No. 22
MWF
Simpsons Duke 3 in Best
4711 AS and EdC

Effortless BBS this morning.

Love the MWF/4711 combo. Unfortunately, the AS is almost gone. Fortunately, I have another bottle waiting in the wings...

This "A. Bose" arrived today via mail.
After cleaning it up and removing some small chips in the blade, I ran it over my naniwa stones, finished on the suehiro gokumyo 20k and had a very pleasant shave.

I wasn't able to find any information about "A. Bose" razors. Does anyone know this vendor?

Its a quarter hollow razor with horn scales and a wedge made of led.

1643139456682.jpg

Razor: A. Bose #44 // Brush: Omega boar // Soap & Aftershave: Speick Men

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
It is Australia Day today. I was hoping to shave with my Australian S.K. Colling SR today but Steve has not yet finished making it. Instead, I decided to shave with an English razor, the 1870's George Butler "Shakespeare" dressed in natural ivory. Lather was face applied with tallow Tabac.

Another typically marvelous three-pass shave; WTG, XTG + fool's pass and XTG in the opposite direction. This gives me a DFS+ result.

IMG_20210905_092309.jpg

This "A. Bose" arrived today via mail.
After cleaning it up and removing some small chips in the blade, I ran it over my naniwa stones, finished on the suehiro gokumyo 20k and had a very pleasant shave.

I wasn't able to find any information about "A. Bose" razors. Does anyone know this vendor?

Its a quarter hollow razor with horn scales and a wedge made of led.

View attachment 1399473
Razor: A. Bose #44 // Brush: Omega boar // Soap & Aftershave: Speick Men
I have not seen or heard of that one before, but it sure looks like it came from France to me. I love it when you get one that nobody knows anything about!

Still trying to figure out how to create a fine edge. Using one of the AC coticules and finishing on the ILR premium. Haven't made it to the shave yet, but today is the first day I have stropped on linen/leather after "honing". I have a razor in TX with B&B member Pedigree getting a full treatment. I will use this razor as a baseline for how awful my honing skills are...View attachment 1399269
Do you happen to know what vein that coticule bout is from? Looks like a La Veinette but its thinness leads me to believe it could be a la grosse blanche? That slurry stone has to be a les latneuses.

Do you happen to know what vein that coticule bout is from? Looks like a La Veinette but its thinness leads me to believe it could be a la grosse blanche? That slurry stone has to be a les latneuses.
When I received both of my coticules from Belgium, they were marked as Veinette. I'm still a bit confused on the difference between the veins/bouts... 🤔

Top Bottom