What's new

The Puzzling & Curious World of 1911 Part Deux.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
If I can detour the thread for just a quick moment to show off my 10th grandchild born today. Nine grandsons and finally now a granddaughter. :)

View attachment 1395912

She is going to grow up around many, many rough and tumble boys. I almost feel sorry for her. ;)

Damn your getting old to have a granddaughter.

Oh...wait...I'm a Great Granddad. Never mind.

Congrats, Rob.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I am beyond frustrated, I took the gun apart last night to clean it up. 3 hours later I gave up trying to put it back together. I cannot get the slide stop in. I have tried it with the spring in, I have tried it with the spring sticking out. That freaking pin will not go through. I can get it all the way except for that very last bit where it sticks through the slide on the other side.

I now feel I titled this post properly.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I am beyond frustrated, I took the gun apart last night to clean it up. 3 hours later I gave up trying to put it back together. I cannot get the slide stop in. I have tried it with the spring in, I have tried it with the spring sticking out. That freaking pin will not go through. I can get it all the way except for that very last bit where it sticks through the slide on the other side.

Make sure its lined up properly and use one of these.

index.jpg

Like I said, the more you shoot em, the better they work.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

I hope the title didn’t jinx you.

Hopefully this is the beginning and end of your Springfield troubles.

Trust me, it can get a lot worse.

I don’t want to sound like an *******, but this makes me feel less alone in the world. :)

Welcome to the Springfield club bro…. ;)

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I hope the title didn’t jinx you.

Hopefully this is the beginning and end of your Springfield troubles.

Trust me, it can get a lot worse.

I don’t want to sound like an *******, but this makes me feel less alone in the world. :)

Welcome to the Springfield club bro…. ;)
@shoelessjoe sent me some pointers. I would like to give them a try if work would quit interrupting. :lol:

OkieStubble

I finally got it. Man did that slide stop need to be tilted to push in the plunger pin. I am going to notch it, or buy a notched stop. @ColtRevolver I own an idiot scratch.

I may have put a very faint idiot scratch on mine when I first got it and took it apart and put it back together again. I think it happened about 10 minutes before @ColtRevolver first posted about "idiot scratches." I read his post 10 minutes too late. It's a very faint scratch, but it's there. :(

OkieStubble

I may have put a very faint idiot scratch on mine when I first got it and took it apart and put it back together again. I think it happened about 10 minutes before @ColtRevolver first posted about "idiot scratches." I read his post 10 minutes too late. It's a very faint scratch, but it's there. :(

The positive side is, I can now consider it to be my 'practice Springfield' which is allowed to make all of my boo boo's on and I can go get me a really pretty Springfield like your Ronin to keep 'idiot scratch' free. :)

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
The positive side is, I can now consider it to be my 'practice Springfield' which is allowed to make all of my boo boo's on and I can go get me a really pretty Springfield like your Ronin to keep 'idiot scratch' free. :)
Go for an Emissary they are ultra pretty. Bull barrel no bushing. I almost went that way.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
🤔 I was going to say. Wear those scratches proudly, men!

The best guns tell a story through their dings and marks.

🤔 Except this one Sauer und Sohn Russian-capture K98 Mauser I have. It looks like blood pitting and dropped in the snow... Don't want to know.

AA
Back as a young man shortly out of school I bought a Remington 1100. Those of you old folks will remember how beautiful that gun was. The 2nd time I took it duck hunting I scratched the stock. I could have cried. One of the guys I was hunting with who was quite a bit older than me patted me on the shoulder and said "those are memories". I guess they are because 35 years later I still remember that like yesterday.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Rob knows, but for others ... Manatees are frequently seen here by boaters, and virtually every adult has dang motorboat scars on its back. Sometimes mild, sometimes bad. They learn to fear and avoid boats after that - usually - but almost every one of these harmless sea-cows has its scars. (Thread veer? Not really).

AA

OkieStubble

Rob knows, but for others ... Manatees are frequently seen here by boaters, and virtually every adult has dang motorboat scars on its back. Sometimes mild, sometimes bad. They learn to fear and avoid boats after that - usually - but almost every one of these harmless sea-cows has its scars. (Thread veer? Not really).

AA
No veering. Absolutely necessary post and very much on point. :)

Now, my children humping like bunnies? Different story. ;)

However, OP did say something about falling down the rabbit hole…

Last edited:
Top Bottom