What's new

The Puzzling & Curious World of 1911 Part Deux.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I have fallen down the rabbit hole. I have shot 50 rounds and so far no break downs.
C1351DC6-2F1B-489E-8DDA-0381DB67EBBF.jpeg
37229E05-6534-4447-B8D8-B2E9D365ECD7.jpeg
A083449B-FBB7-4F1A-A7F3-433848EC9BC6.jpeg
CFE0B74E-4481-4A0B-9790-B535F121EA40.jpeg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have fallen down the rabbit hole. I have shot 50 rounds and so far no break downs.View attachment 1395305View attachment 1395306View attachment 1395307View attachment 1395309

Very nice. I don’t know what it is, but there is just something about Springfield’s that cooks my livers & gizzards. My Sig 1911 is an excellent pistol, but my Range Officer is my baby. :)

I owned a Springfield for a while. It was a good gun. I had no trouble feeding any bullet profile or weight with it.

I have no trouble with mine either…. Now. :)

I am thinking about ordering a R. Grizzle holster for it. Lead time about 16 weeks. I will have to find something cheap in the mean time.
R. Grizzle makes top quality holsters. I bought one years ago for my Ruger SP-101 and still have it to this day.

OkieStubble

I am thinking about ordering a R. Grizzle holster for it. Lead time about 16 weeks. I will have to find something cheap in the mean time.

If you have a Bass Pro or Cabela’s around, they usually carry DeSantis leather in stock. They are pretty decent leather holsters with good stitching. They run about $70- $80 bucks.

Something to hold you over until your Grizzle gets in. I thought the inside of my IWB leather was just a smidgen rough, so I took a bit of fine sand paper To it to smooth out some rough place I thought might rub some finish off of my pistol in certain areas

So far so good. I have been taking advantage of this cold weather and wearing my Springfield under a jacket or coat every day. Get ya some snap caps and get to practicing your draws and holsters and speed and administration reloads.

I am absolutely addicted to listening to the sounds of the safety clicking on and off, the slide racking back or even just cocking the hammer with my thumb.

Oh, and the sound of the pistol clearing the leather holster is pretty damn sexy also.

:)

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Sounds a lot better than a plastic Block coming out of a plastic Kydex holster, huh buddy? ;)

It does. I know as sure as Sunday, when that Glock comes out it will go bang.

Right now, I can only hope my Springfield will. I have about 600 worry free FMJ’s and 60 Gold Dot’s thru it, which still gives about 20% of lingering doubt.

Maybe when things clear up with Covid and politics and I can build my reserves back up, I will be able to erase that 20% of doubt with another case down range. :)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
It does. I know as sure as Sunday, when that Glock comes out it will go bang.

Right now, I can only hope my Springfield will. I have about 600 worry free FMJ’s and 60 Gold Dot’s thru it, which still gives about 20% of lingering doubt.

Maybe when things clear up with Covid and politics and I can build my reserves back up, I will be able to erase that 20% of doubt with another case down range. :)

1911s have had a reputation for reliability for over a 100 years for a reason. Your Sig seems to work well. I fully understand your wanting absolute reliability...sometimes that's why I carry a revolver. :001_tongu

OkieStubble

1911s have had a reputation for reliability for over a 100 years for a reason. Your Sig seems to work well. I fully understand your wanting absolute reliability...sometimes that's why I carry a revolver. :001_tongu

Good post. You’re absolutely right. I’m sure my feelings have everything to do with co-dependency issues and not the pistols themselves. :)

1911's at every price point have gotten better. Not that many years ago, many had problems right out of the box and immediately needed tuning. An internet search of "1911 problems" will yield all kinds of interesting reading.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Good post. You’re absolutely right. I’m sure my feelings have everything to do with co-dependency issues and not the pistols themselves. :)

I had some reliability issues with a semi-auto...it took awhile but things are good now.

I still carry a revolver now...usually more than a semi-auto...just cause.

Top Bottom