What's new

Et tu Speick Stick?

Thank you again, Mr. @old_school , for your answers. Do you see tallow Tabac stick over this new vegan Speick?
I ask you because I know Tabac better than Speick. In Romania, 100 gr Tabac stick was sold cheaper than 2x 50 gr Speick stick.
I pulled the trigger and ordered a single Speick Vegan stick, it was hard to refrain from ordering more.
Never have tried a Tabac Stick. I think tallow Tabac puck is as good as it gets though.

When I heard the news I ordered 2 sticks from Amazon and two from WCS just in case one source didn't have tallow sticks remaining. I just got my Amazon sticks and they ARE still tallow. If anybody wants the specific seller let me know.

I'll state whether the WCS sticks are tallow or vegan when they arrive.

I've got two unused sticks in my stash.

Had to order another pair just to feel safe and warm :)

speick_d.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Just received my stash in the mail today, should be good for a little while. I really like this stuff and glad I bought a few extra, one will be gifted possibly. Fredrihan even threw a tuck of Gillette Astra SS blades, nice blade.(good online shaving company)
Thanks @old_school for the heads up. I'm sure the new Speick stick formulation will be OK.
Speick stick stash.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Managed to get some of the tallow Speick from Amazon. I had never used Tabac or Speick before, so I'm grateful to BnB for the alert on these changes and the ability to experience the old formula of each, even as I assume the new formulas will likely work well with the right methods.

Today I tried the new Speick stick vegan. Everything went very well. Lightly made foam, shiny and of good quality, ok smell, good protection and slip. I have nothing to blame for this soap without tallow! I got a quality shave, without burning or irritation. After shaving, it was absolutely necessary to use conditioner. I did not notice any major differences between Speick with tallow and Speick Vegan. Bravo Speick!

Attachments

• P1130605.JPG
    P1130605.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
Just received my stash in the mail today, should be good for a little while. I really like this stuff and glad I bought a few extra, one will be gifted possibly. Fredrihan even threw a tuck of Gillette Astra SS blades, nice blade.(good online shaving company)
Thanks @old_school for the heads up. I'm sure the new Speick stick formulation will be OK.
View attachment 1339973
Have some great shaves!

Fredrihan seems to be the only estore that is carrying this shave stick in Canada. I got my backup a few days ago. 2 is a good number. Went a bit crazy on hoarding palmolive shave sticks though.

During my last month's hiccup at GRUME I ordered a few Speick Sticks and hoped they would be tallow.

I just received the delivery and all of them are new formula Vegan Speick shaving stick.

IMG_20211014_175254.jpg

Since I never used Speick before I wasn't disappointed at all and just accepted it as a good opportunity in disguise.

I already have a good stock of Tallow Tabac and it'll be well complimented by the vegan Speick shaving stick.

I loved the slightly spicy aroma from the stick and they will be used this week.

Reading the experience of @old_school I have confidence that it'll be a good performance soap.

Top Bottom