What's new

If you could only have one razor and one blade for the rest of your life?

I've got in to straight razors however for those quick careless 2 pass shaves on some days, I use my newly acquired Edwin Jagger 3one6 all steel razor with a Gillette 7 O'Clock Super platinum black blade.

It is a fantastic,Smooth, medium aggressive very efficient 2 pass shave razor with zero blade chatter. I would be very satisfied to keep it for those in between quick shave / travel razor for life.

Surprised to see it not getting much love around here.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Gillette black handled Super Speed and Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades.

I just looked on Amazon.com...the Gillette Wilkinson Sword are $6.33 for 100 blades...Whoa, but that's good! I have two of these from tryablade.com...time to pop one in and shave!

I just looked on Amazon.com...the Gillette Wilkinson Sword are $6.33 for 100 blades...Whoa, but that's good! I have two of these from tryablade.com...time to pop one in and shave!

Gillette Wilkinson Swords made in India are good value for money blades. The Amazon listing mentions Gillette India, however also mention Thailand as country of make. I wonder if they are Indian or Chinese make blades.

Edit: I checked the packaging image on the Amazon.com listing. It has a sentence in devnagri (Indian) characters, hence should be Indian. Thailand as manufacturer remains a mystery.

Last edited:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Gillette Wilkinson Swords made in India are good value for money blades. The Amazon listing mentions Gillette India, however also says Thailand as country of make. I wonder of they are Indian or Chinese make blades.

I was looking at that also, comrade. I was also checking the sharpness rating on it. It looks fairly sharp and also consistently sharp.

Razor Blade Sharpness Testing - https://www.refinedshave.com/razor-blade-sharpness-testing/

Liking what I'm seeing.

You can only pick one.It's like choosing your favorite child.No exception.:devil2:
If I must...
Razorock 68 Jaws
Shark Platinum 🦈
IMG_20210827_165811.jpg

IMG_20210827_165919.jpg

That is such a tough question. I have been spreading my razor luv around a lot lately. For a very long time I would have said my Timeless SS .68 SB and it is a great razor. But I have been using my Wolfman WR2 1.15 SB, Winning Razor, Rockwell 6S and now a FOCS quite a bit lately and it kind of depends on how I am feeling that day. If I had to choose I am gonna say the Wolfman. For the blade it is a narrow race between the Personna Israeli Red and the Wizamet SI. I am just gonna say the Personna wins. Since the first time that I have used one they have been the smoothest razor blade for my face and comfort goes a long way with me.

Top Bottom