What's new

Make a "leather" de head

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Today in my bathroom, staring at the razorock manba on the stand, I think I can make it.
So I started, using the leather craft I am familiar with.
The leather is sealed with resin to achieve hardening and waterproofing. The hardness is similar to plastic and wood, and it is cut into the form of a razor head.

IMG_20210201_203920_1.jpg

Handmade will have more tolerances, so instead of using traditional posts to position the blades, I designed karve-like recesses on both sides to facilitate alignment of the blades.
The screw on the top does not affect the shaving angle, and will not touch the face during the shaving process.

IMG_20210201_205036.jpg

IMG_20210201_205719_1.jpg

IMG_20210201_204158.jpg

IMG_20210201_204102.jpg

At first, I just did it with an experimental mentality, and I didn't expect such a simple process to bring good results.
The shaving effect was better than I expected. Although it is not as delicate as the CNC machined razors on the razor stand, because of the low blade exposure, it can shave without stress, and it did not cause irritation or injury after I shaved my head.
Compared with other shavers that are known for their softness, its efficiency is similar, similar to Rockwell's 2 or 3plate experience.
I am very happy to have a unique razor.

ERS4

Woah. Do we have a new niche market here?

Just grinding with sandpaper made me tendinitis.
You can see from that I am eager to take a photo, and the remaining dust has not been removed yet. 🤣

Impressive. Next challenge.....open comb. :cool:

My earliest idea was indeed to make OC.
Just considering that inaccurate craftsmanship may cause skin damage, I decided to try SB first.
On the other hand, the OC must equally distribute the width between the combs, and it is not sure whether to increase the time for pure hand-made. :)

ERS4

After some time, I also made some corrections.

I grind the screw heads on the cap to make the visual appearance more consistent and help "riding the cap".
201923994_4213788595326678_7584479133624770503_n.jpg

Strengthen the support under the base plate, make the structure more stable, and add my signature on it.
152541339_3826134104092131_8746836096542984293_n.jpg

ERS4

Wow! This is one of the coolest things I’ve seen on Badger & Blade. @ERS4, you’re a gentleman, a genius, and an artisan. Well done!

Thank you for your beautiful text. My craftsmanship is not as good as the creations of many gentlemen in B&B, but I admit that I have been a fan of "Macgyver" since I was a child. :D

Think of all the leathers you could use. Once everyone gets a cow hide one you start making an ostrich one. On and on it goes.

ERS4

Think of all the leathers you could use. Once everyone gets a cow hide one you start making an ostrich one. On and on it goes.

When my wife and I are visiting the zoo and ranch, I try not to let her know that I am thinking about razor. ;)

Agreed, this is one of the coolest DIY things I have seen on B&B!

Nice work and I look forward to any mods / changes you make.
Alright, this is really impressive!

It was also a temporary thought that maybe two hobbies could be combined.
I'm glad to bring you this little bit of entertainment. :)

Top Bottom