What's new

First Time w/Col. Conk

Awesome! The Col. Conk sample pack was the first soap I've ever bought for wet shaving. I got my buddy into wet shaving and bought him the sample pack too.

Same here! The Col. Conk 4 pack from Amazon some years back. Used them a bit at the beginning but quickly got carried away trying new soaps. Ended up mixing them with other soaps to make frankensoap.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Same here! The Col. Conk 4 pack from Amazon some years back. Used them a bit at the beginning but quickly got carried away trying new soaps. Ended up mixing them with other soaps to make frankensoap.

I was just going to post this same thing. I enjoyed their soaps early in my shave career. Had a bunch of different Conk soaps. Then moved on to other types of non-glycerin soaps. But one rainy day I got the bug, and grated up a bunch of Conk, Arko stubs and Williams and made a couple of different Frankensoaps. That made for some slick soaps with interesting scents.

I see nothing but praise for Colonel conk soap. It is on my list to try (LONG LIST HAHA) At its price point I really do not have any idea why I have not purchased it yet????????
I was in the same boat. "Why haven't I tried this product yet?" Glad I got that resolved!

Went ahead and added the Colonel Conk sampler to the amazon "wish list" so I will be ready!

Sampler? 4 pak? What ever it is . 4 pucks of 2.25 ounce I believe.

Absolutely +1! I've been using the New Bay Rum and am honestly loving it. Was a bit apprehensive as I didn't want to buy a product that left a alcholic/boozy scent (which it doesn't). I like it a lot. Herbacious from the bay, sweetish from the vanilla, a hint of clove but I'm not sure where the rum comes in. Either way, loads easy and makes a nice dense but low structure lather (my preference). Slick, non-drying or irritating, No residue, easy to rinse and relatively cheap. Also like the small packaging and product size. Tallow doesn't seem to work well for me so I'm glad its vegan too.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I tried the new version of the Col Conk Bay Rum and will try the unscented version of an earlier formula soon.

In hindsight, I should’ve chosen a less spicy scent, but this was an amazingly easy soap to get all the slickness I craved and more residual slickness than I’ll ever deserve. Other soaps I’ve used eventually get there, but have a learning curve.

Top Bottom