What's new

Acqua di Parma Colonia

Pay day is tomorrow and I wanted to know how is Colonia? Please share your thoughts. I want to know how is the staying power. I love Sauvage by Dior so let me know if I’ll like this.

This is not a very long-lasting fragrance for most people. For a mature person, this smells nice, but does not really "project" very much past the first couple of hours. The opening is a fairly strong, bright citrus scent, but will burn off rather quickly, leaving an herbal/woody type skin scent that might last four or five hours. If you want it to last longer, spray it on clothes.

AdP Colonia is nothing like Dior Sauvage. It is similar to Dior Eau Sauvage, but not the same. As Atlantic59 said, Colonia doesn't have much staying power, but it does smell great while it's there. You could get a metal cased pocket atomizer to keep with you and refresh as needed.

I am wearing AdP Colonia today. It is nothing at all like Sauvage by Dior. Closer to Eau Sauvage (which I also own). AdP is a fantastic subtle fragrance that will lightly linger on your skin all day, but it doesn't project. Perfect for work and those who like subtle scents in general. Not great for going out to Clubs or expecting all day beast mode performance.

I love Colonia, but the staying power is not great on me. The Essenza version (black bottle) if also fantastic, and that lasts all day on me. It smells a little different than the Colonia version, so perhaps try to get samples.

ADP Colonia, and most flankers I've tried - all seem to me to be more of a 'cologne'. I think the Oud might be available in EDP, possibly others too but I am not sure. Club Sport, Intensa, Asoluta, Essenza, etc - all have what I call a 'cologne' signature. At least, that's how they play out on my skin when I wear them. Others might perceive stronger or weaker presentations, depending on amount applied, where it's applied, their 'nose', activities, environment, and application technique.
Dior Sauvage is (I think) either an EDT or EDP; both of which would have a higher percentage of essence than cologne.
Right now I have Intensa and Essanze - both go to skin-level intensity after several hours but both stay at that level all day.
They're not supposed to be 'powerhouse' types, they are more of a subtle, classic, refined sort of fragrance. Not 'in your face' types.

ADP Colonia, and most flankers I've tried - all seem to me to be more of a 'cologne'. I think the Oud might be available in EDP, possibly others too but I am not sure. Club Sport, Intensa, Asoluta, Essenza, etc - all have what I call a 'cologne' signature. At least, that's how they play out on my skin when I wear them. Others might perceive stronger or weaker presentations, depending on amount applied, where it's applied, their 'nose', activities, environment, and application technique.
Dior Sauvage is (I think) either an EDT or EDP; both of which would have a higher percentage of essence than cologne.
Right now I have Intensa and Essanze - both go to skin-level intensity after several hours but both stay at that level all day.
They're not supposed to be 'powerhouse' types, they are more of a subtle, classic, refined sort of fragrance. Not 'in your face' types.
A Colonia being a Cologne, well I never.
ADP is a traditional floral cologne with Rose. Eau Sauvage is a Citrus Chypre.

AdP Colonia, in the aftershave form, is nice.
But I wouldn't want to blow most of a paycheck on it, FWIW!

acqua di parma panettone mar 9 2014-3085.jpg

ADP is a traditional floral cologne with Rose. Eau Sauvage is a Citrus Chypre.

ADP is floral? We must be talking about a different product! In the official notes, the only floral note is Rose in the middle notes. ADP is a citrus Mediterranean cologne with a light woody base. Regardless of official genre, Eau Sauvage smells similar to ADP (I prefer ADP). They have many olfactory notes in common

in my skin ADP lasts longer than Eau Sauvage, around 6hs.

Last edited:
Pay day is tomorrow and I wanted to know how is Colonia? Please share your thoughts. I want to know how is the staying power. I love Sauvage by Dior so let me know if I’ll like this.
If talking about the original *Eau Sauvage* (not Sauvage which smells entirely different) they are at least in the same universe similarity-wise, though quite different. Colonia has a beautiful herbal citrus profile with a bit of dulled rose mixed in for good measure. Amazing classic smelling stuff, but as an EDC, don’t expect tremendous staying power.

Sprayed AdP Colonia 13 hours ago and could still smell it when I undressed or put my nose close to my arms

it’s not a monster, but if applied to the right spots it accompanies me for a long time

Thanks. Are they close? Folks say AdP has no longevity, but on me Fine IC lasts into the wee hours.

1. if fine ic lasts well on you, then so will adp colonia.

2. Re fine ic: it’s obvious it’s a clone, but the Razorock xxx, asylum(saponificio varesino) colonia, and k shaveworx alpi lepontine all smell closer to real adp to my nose.

I visited my local Sax and picked up a sampler box of the Colonia line. First up I tried the original today. Love it. It's more refined than Fine IC. I'm looking forward to trying the others. I enjoy subtle scents - I don't like to project much if at all.

Anyone have favorites in this line?

Top Bottom