What's new

My Guess... 3017

strop

Now half as wise
Broke thru the bottom of the Donkey’s Milk and scraped down the sides a few days ago. Getting soft so leaving the lid off. I’m guessing that I can get another couple of weeks out of this. Initially I was using about 1 gram a day, but I think when all is done it will be closer to 1.5 grams/day.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20210608_213818.jpg

Finally 3017d my oldest cream, TOBS Coconut from late 2017. I wasn't impressed with it at first, but the coconut scent was excellent and once I realised it needed a good load to get a good lather we got on famously.
This is my fourth 3017 this year and eighth since September since I started my current run. I have 2 more of my oldest soaps in rotation so I think I will drop Cella into the rotation as it is 18 months old and the scent seems to be changing and I do not want it going off.

We are having glorious sunny weather in my part of the world. My cherished puck of MWF dried out and i was able to remove it from the ceramic bowl. Ive had around 40 shaves from it and to look at it you might think id get another say 120. But when i re soak it it will add 10% onto its size.

Meanwhile Im batting through with my TFS Mandarino. Excellent shaves. I experimented with a small addition of TOBS Grapefruit cream and the orange/pineapple scent is amazing.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
View attachment 1278834
Finally 3017d my oldest cream, TOBS Coconut from late 2017. I wasn't impressed with it at first, but the coconut scent was excellent and once I realised it needed a good load to get a good lather we got on famously.
This is my fourth 3017 this year and eighth since September since I started my current run. I have 2 more of my oldest soaps in rotation so I think I will drop Cella into the rotation as it is 18 months old and the scent seems to be changing and I do not want it going off.
Impressive my friend!

Finished the La Toja stick this morning. A fantastic soap all around.

Remaining back stock
Soap.jpg

Next up is a puck of PdP. It was old when I got it years ago and now looks petrified. May grate it to speed things up a bit. The scent is still strong and one of my favorites.
IMG_2026.JPG

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
In my minds eye my soap fairy is in her early 20’s, blonde, has a Swiss accent, and is dressed like the Swiss Miss instant coco girl.
uh...maybe that’s TMI......
Are you sure that's not the second Mrs Santa Claus?

Milled the PdP puck into an old Strop Shoppe container to mix in the aged crust layer. Huge lather on the first shave. Going to be a good run. My last puck (summer 2019 to early 2020) went six months. Will be interesting to see how much milling speeds things up.

Finished the La Toja stick this morning. A fantastic soap all around.

Remaining back stock
View attachment 1280182

Next up is a puck of PdP. It was old when I got it years ago and now looks petrified. May grate it to speed things up a bit. The scent is still strong and one of my favorites.
View attachment 1280181
Nice! The PdP should take a while to work through. :thumbup1:

Let’s see, mine took me, um, *checks wiki*, 6 months to finish (ungrated).

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Milled the PdP puck into an old Strop Shoppe container to mix in the aged crust layer. Huge lather on the first shave. Going to be a good run. My last puck (summer 2019 to early 2020) went six months. Will be interesting to see how much milling speeds things up.

Quadruple milled, I bet you could get Parmesan cheese caliber particle size.

Gents, after much lurking on this tread and some thought, I’m going to attempt my first 3017 with a near full tub of TOBS St Jermyn cream. Is it OK to load this cream with a damp brush directly and face lather, or should I scoop into a bowl? So far my only experience with creams have been in tubes. Thanks!

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Gents, after much lurking on this tread and some thought, I’m going to attempt my first 3017 with a near full tub of TOBS St Jermyn cream. Is it OK to load this cream with a damp brush directly and face lather, or should I scoop into a bowl? So far my only experience with creams have been in tubes. Thanks!
There is no right way and no wrong way. Only the way that works for you!
Enjoy your shaves

I face lather creams, and something so wrong couldn’t be more right.

I almost always face lather creams whether in a tube or a tub. If in a tube I usually squeeze some of the cream onto my damp brush. If in a tub I will dip a damp but well shaken out brush directly into the tub to load the brush. From there I face lather as usual adding water as needed to achieve a well hydrated lather.

In October of 2019 I started using an unopened backup Proraso Menthol and Eucalyptus tub that I had purchased back in 2012! It was a little yellow and a much harder consistency than when brand new but it smelled fine. I didn't use it every day but I did try to use it more than any other soap and many weeks I only used the Proraso. Well, it is finally gone! I wished I kept track of the actual number of shaves I got out of it because it seemed like a ton! I am taking a little variety break before choosing my next 3017 target.

Top Bottom