What's new

World’s Mildest (New) Razor?

The AL13 med will give similar performance, but I find the added weight of the Ti gives it a slight edge for me. Sorry, thought you were getting the Ti22 already.....I bet you will before it's over.
Switching the handle to stainless steel would also add some heft if need be.

I did try a stainless handle onto my AL mild but it felt odd almost made the head feel lighter ? Going to try my timeless ti handle when I get that next week have heard some say that works well again all personal :)

I do reckon the complete Ti will be the sweet spot and can go that route if I like the medium AL enough

As silly as this sounds I did think I could weigh out some lead tape to make the head weight the same and use the Ti handle :) nerdy yup but why not to help decide

if the Henson makes it into the final two I think I will get the Ti version just for the durability of the metal

I also think I might just keep my Al mild since its just so freaking comfy and again would make a great camping shaver as I can get windburn and sunburn and I know that would be the comfiest thing to keep my scruff cut down To keep from getting itchy etc... and even a single daily pass would be doable with some hand spread on cremo and at $70 it can afford to just live in my camping kit and its purple fun unique not a huge weight weenie for camping but becoming one :)

medium Henson is just the al version so far till they make more Ti ? but the shave should be so close I can decide what I think of it from technical point
I am not sure when the Ti Henson will be back in but they will and have enough razors to keep me busy :)
I got a Henson Ti22-Medium today from BST...and have a Henson Ti22-Aggressive on the way from Maggard. I couldn’t wait till Henson restocks. Worst case scenario, I’ll just sell them on BST. 😉
The weight and finish on the Henson Ti is on par with the Timeless Ti 👍🏻

Last edited:
I got a Henson Ti22-Medium today from BST...and have a Henson Ti22-Aggressive on the way from Maggard. I couldn’t wait till Henson restocks. Worst case scenario, I’ll just sell them on BST. 😉
The weight and finish on the Henson Ti is on par with the Timeless Ti 👍🏻
OH WOW cool on the agressive also !!! That will be cool to hear since so far we kinda seem to have more parallels and even if Not dead on so close !

NICE to hear about the being on par weight finish wise to :)

also for sure cant wait to hear what ya think also the small dif the Al version to the Ti version of the Medium since ya have both now I think ya have both :)

side note my Henson medium arrives tomorrow :)
My timeless Ti on Monday :)

both you are way ahead of me on this DE timeline and I do need to work my way up trying the other options first :) so going to pass but I hear the H&S are amazing in looks and performance and build

I want to work my way up in money and see where I find my happy point and then put that other money into my bicycle wheels and hubs and so on :) since biking is a big part of my life more than shaving :) hahahahaha

my goal for now a small edge of efficiency and comfort over my GC .68 or Yates with comb both at 2 passes they do me happy and 3 I am the rare super shave if I want it so both those do well on that but a touch more comfort would be nice

the Henson mild already delivers perfect comfort but efficiency henson mild really takes 3 pass and prefer daily 2 pass if I can so will the medium henson bring that or the Timeless with the comb like the yates does but with more comfort ?

AND on top of al that I do want a razor I can pick up look at and just smile at its beauty and I am hoping the Timeless does that also

Reckon I am going to narrow down what I have and truly pick the one or two and then see where I am at till I get more or spend more :) I might do some plate changes on my current GC and timeless though if I need to ?

MTB or road bike?

MTB or road bike?
you into bikes ?

Mtn bike right now I have a Epic Evo 2021 model base and going to get some new wheels see what I break and replace as need and figure out where I am what I want to ride and get my legs back

But am a roady at heart and still have some old school road race bike (rossin) I was more into road racing and some criterium stuff in my younger days watching giro d’italia daily now :) waiting for tour de france :) so yeah roady hahahahah but mtn bikes are better for where I am in PHX these days as the road here freak me out
so really got it to do some flowy trails and some gravel type stuff and just get my legs back as I took a break from riding but used to be hardcore roady like 400+ miles a week kind roady in my youth

you into bikes ?

Mtn bike right now I have a Epic Evo 2021 model base and going to get some new wheels see what I break and replace as need and figure out where I am what I want to ride and get my legs back

But am a roady at heart and still have some old school road race bike (rossin) I was more into road racing and some criterium stuff in my younger days watching giro d’italia daily now :) waiting for tour de france :) so yeah roady hahahahah but mtn bikes are better for where I am in PHX these days as the road here freak me out
so really got it to do some flowy trails and some gravel type stuff and just get my legs back as I took a break from riding but used to be hardcore roady like 400+ miles a week kind roady in my youth

Yeah I love MTB. I have a Chromag Wideangle I built up from the frame. There are so many awesome trails out in the Phoenix area, I’ve lived all over the country and that was some of my favorite riding. You should check out the Apache Wash trail just north of Peoria if you haven’t already. There’s a ton of loops there of all different difficulty levels and it’s super easy to get 15+ miles in without having to retrace. One of my favorite places of all time. My wife and I really miss AZ.

Since my wife is Canadian and I am from USA :) I guess I can be happy with any
Yeah I love MTB. I have a Chromag Wideangle I built up from the frame. There are so many awesome trails out in the Phoenix area, I’ve lived all over the country and that was some of my favorite riding. You should check out the Apache Wash trail just north of Peoria if you haven’t already. There’s a ton of loops there of all different difficulty levels and it’s super easy to get 15+ miles in without having to retrace. One of my favorite places of all time. My wife and I really miss AZ.
hard tail I reckon ? Had to look that up :)
yeah the north mtn preserve is my back yard like I Look out and its my backyard so just go out and its there but its really rough so do want to get out to some more fast flow trails the Hawes stuff down south has really gotten good to have not been to the ones you mentioned yet but I know of it and there are tons up around that area of cave creek so most likely this fall when it cools :) as I am trying to exhaust everything I can hit from my door first as I hate putting bikes on cars and driving to locations ? Not sure why

SO Henson Medium came in :) wife set it near my coffee gear I got up thinking I will wait to shave and there it was

I did the over achieving super shave to test and yesterdays one side of face being soar from the ambassador shave I could feel that side a touch more

I do think its going more the way I want and only one shave in who knows ? BUT I usually say my BBS are the %80 but I do think this might be the best shave I have had with a DE yet ?

yes you can feel the blade more like you feel it in the GC .68 compared to the Mild Henson so again nice options

I will say this has that Henson feel I know from the Mild so for me its not like you have to find its own unique angle its the Henson feel just more of it so if you had a few of these I can see being able to just pick it up tired mindless and get to shaving :) if that is your thing :)

For how good this was on its first shave its only going to get better and have to say if I had to choose today it might be the top one yet :)

OK...let the fun continue! 🪒 :a30:🪒

Single Elimination Tournament....

Introducing the Competitors:

Rockwell :) 🇨🇦
6C

$50
(Comfort 8/Efficiency 6)

Tatara 😘🇵🇹
Masamune

$200
(Comfort 8/Efficiency 8)

Above The Tie :thumbup: 🇺🇸
Windsor SSM-1

(Comfort 9, Efficiency 9)
$185

Feather :thumbdown🇯🇵
AS-D2

$175
(Comfort 3 😩 Efficiency 6)

Karve :) 🇨🇦
CB

$90
(Comfort 7.5, Efficiency 8.5)

Timeless🇺🇸 Ti:thumbup:
$300

Timeless🇺🇸 AL :thumbdown
$75
(Comfort 0, Efficiency N/A) Disqualified!

RazoRock 🇨🇦 Mamba .53 😃

$65
(Comfort 9, Efficiency 8)

RazoRock 🇨🇦 BBS 😐
$70
(Comfort 7, Efficiency 8)

RazoRock 🇨🇦 GameChanger .68 :a14:
$65
(Comfort 9.5, Efficiency 9)

Henson 🇨🇦 AL13-Mild :a14:
$70

Henson 🇨🇦 AL13-Medium :a14:
$70
(Comfort 9.5, Efficiency 9.5)

Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Medium :a14:
$250
(Comfort 9.75, Efficiency 9.75)

Giesen and Forsthoff 🇩🇪 Timor ☹1353
$40
(Comfort 4, Efficiency 5)

Baili 176 🇨🇳 :rolleyes:
$13.02
(Comfort 5, Efficiency 5)

Carbon CX-Ti .68 R2 🇺🇸 :thumbup:
$358
(Comfort 8, Efficiency 9.5)

Gentleman, we have a new leader in the World's Mildest (New) Razor - the Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Medium!!
This thing feels even better than the Henson AL13-Medium! Well, it should! It cost almost 4 times as much! 😂
But, seriously...it is significantly better! Now, whether it's worth 4Xs the price is debatable. But, for me, it is noticeably better...maybe 25% better...which is saying a lot, because the AL13-Medium is amazing! Trust me...I've tried over 20 mild razors...and the Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Medium has rocked my world!

My new Top Three:

1st Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Medium
2nd Henson 🇨🇦 AL13-Medium
3rd Henson 🇨🇦 AL13-Mild

Is it me...or is there a pattern emerging here?! 😂

BTW, I have a Henson Ti22-Aggressive on the way!

OH curious how why you feel the Ti is better than the Al ? just weight or is the material better on face or ?

Good to hear though from one shave if it gets better :)

I think like anything when you get near the top the % of gain goes down but that is still what many are chasing at that point are the small % gains :)

OK...let the fun continue! 🪒 :a30:🪒

Single Elimination Tournament....

Introducing the Competitors:

Rockwell :) 🇨🇦
6C

$50
(Comfort 8/Efficiency 6)

Tatara 😘🇵🇹
Masamune

$200
(Comfort 8/Efficiency 8)

Above The Tie :thumbup: 🇺🇸
Windsor SSM-1

$185

Feather :thumbdown🇯🇵
AS-D2

$175
(Comfort 3 😩 Efficiency 6)

Karve :) 🇨🇦
CB

$90
(Comfort 7.5, Efficiency 8.5)

Timeless🇺🇸 Ti:thumbup:
$300

Timeless🇺🇸 AL :thumbdown
$75
(Comfort 0, Efficiency N/A) Disqualified!

RazoRock 🇨🇦 Mamba .53 😃

$65
(Comfort 9, Efficiency 8)

RazoRock 🇨🇦 BBS 😐
$70
(Comfort 7, Efficiency 8)

RazoRock 🇨🇦 GameChanger .68 :a14:
$65

Henson 🇨🇦 AL13-Mild :a14:
$70

Henson 🇨🇦 AL13-Medium :a14:
$70
(Comfort 9.5, Efficiency 9.5)

Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Medium :a14:
$250
(Comfort 9.75, Efficiency 9.75)

Giesen and Forsthoff 🇩🇪 Timor ☹1353
$40
(Comfort 4, Efficiency 5)

Baili 176 🇨🇳 :rolleyes:
$13.02
(Comfort 5, Efficiency 5)

Carbon CX-Ti .68 R2 🇺🇸 :thumbup:
$358
(Comfort 8, Efficiency 9.5)

Gentleman, we have a new leader in the World's Mildest (New) Razor - the Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Medium!!
This thing feels even better than the Henson AL13-Medium! Well, it should! It cost almost 4 times as much! 😂
But, seriously...it is significantly better! Now, whether it's worth 4Xs the price is debatable. But, for me, it is noticeably better...maybe 25% better...which is saying a lot, because the AL13-Medium is amazing! Trust me...I've tried over 20 mild razors...and the Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Medium has rocked my world!

My new Top Three:

1st Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Medium
2nd Henson 🇨🇦 AL13-Medium
3rd Henson 🇨🇦 AL13-Mild

Is it me...or is there a pattern emerging here?! 😂

BTW, I have a Henson Ti22-Aggressive on the way!

I had a feeling you'd be liking the Ti22. Awesome performer....going to use mine tomorrow after most of this week trying out a Tatara with both Masamune and Nodachi base plates and top caps. Looking forward to getting back to my Henson.

OH curious how why you feel the Ti is better than the Al ? just weight or is the material better on face or ?

Good to hear though from one shave if it gets better :)

I think like anything when you get near the top the % of gain goes down but that is still what many are chasing at that point are the small % gains :)
The weight definitely has something to do with it. Aluminum is too light. Steel is too heavy. Titanium is just right!
Also, I think Titanium just feels smoother for some reason...and somehow feels more solid and more efficient. I can’t explain it, but you’ll know it when you feel it!😉
Can’t wait to try the “Aggressive” Henson.
Wait...is that a contradiction in terms? 😂

I had a feeling you'd be liking the Ti22. Awesome performer....going to use mine tomorrow after most of this week trying out a Tatara with both Masamune and Nodachi base plates and top caps. Looking forward to getting back to my Henson.
Let us know how they compare!

Let us know how they compare!

Well, it's tough to compete against the Ti22 for me. The Henson is just that good....solid, comfy, super close shaves. I love it. I got the Tatara on a trade in the BST as I've always wanted to try it. I will say, the Tatara quality superb. I have both the Masamune solid bar base and top cap as well as the Nodachi solid bar base and top cap with the Masamune handle. Since you can combine any of the bases and top caps, I wanted them all to see what shaves best for me.

This week I spent time with the Tatara and have tried all the different combinations. I started with the Masamune base and Masamune top cap, then the Masamune base with the Nodachi top cap, then the Nodachi base with Masamune top cap, and finally the Nodachi base with the Nodachi top cap.....whew. I don't want to take up too much space here with reviews of each combo, but I will say, the standard Masamune base and top cap provides a very pleasant, yet mild shave. The Masamune base with Nodachi top cap is also very nice. A little more blade feel, but still smooth and a touch more efficient. The Nodachi base with Masamune top cap dials up the efficiency level, yet remains smooth. I didn't notice too much blade feel here, just more efficiency. The Nodachi base with top cap was most excellent. Razor remains smooth (a little more blade feel, but not too much) and provided the best shave of any of the combination....approaching Ti22 level. I am going to use this combo for a few more times just to make sure it can be used daily. If it holds up, then it may become my second favorite razor.

Well, it's tough to compete against the Ti22 for me. The Henson is just that good....solid, comfy, super close shaves. I love it. I got the Tatara on a trade in the BST as I've always wanted to try it. I will say, the Tatara quality superb. I have both the Masamune solid bar base and top cap as well as the Nodachi solid bar base and top cap with the Masamune handle. Since you can combine any of the bases and top caps, I wanted them all to see what shaves best for me.

This week I spent time with the Tatara and have tried all the different combinations. I started with the Masamune base and Masamune top cap, then the Masamune base with the Nodachi top cap, then the Nodachi base with Masamune top cap, and finally the Nodachi base with the Nodachi top cap.....whew. I don't want to take up too much space here with reviews of each combo, but I will say, the standard Masamune base and top cap provides a very pleasant, yet mild shave. The Masamune base with Nodachi top cap is also very nice. A little more blade feel, but still smooth and a touch more efficient. The Nodachi base with Masamune top cap dials up the efficiency level, yet remains smooth. I didn't notice too much blade feel here, just more efficiency. The Nodachi base with top cap was most excellent. Razor remains smooth (a little more blade feel, but not too much) and provided the best shave of any of the combination....approaching Ti22 level. I am going to use this combo for a few more times just to make sure it can be used daily. If it holds up, then it may become my second favorite razor.
Wow...great, detailed review of the different Tatara combos. Thanks!
The fact that it’s so great but still second to the Henson Ti22-Medium is noteworthy!👍🏻

Top Bottom