What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

These just arrived and were cleaned and had test lathers. Great blooms, wall of Badger feeling. They are going to be fun getting to know/use/understand.
Yaqi Moka 26mm 2 band
Yaqi Mysterious Space Silvertip
Yaqi High Mountain White Silvertip
Yaqi Purple Mink Synthetic
43092A90-72FB-4FF7-A483-474D9CC06C36.jpeg
9D463D46-ED14-4B31-B150-3E2A65F5EA6C.jpeg
EE1BF330-1124-4765-A8AD-00563315E3FF.jpeg
5B534A09-B385-4D77-A29C-A722E6A708E3.jpeg

Oh wow @SharpieB I was looking for one of those and thats a fantastic price, well done. I didn't even know wcs had a clearance section (and can't find it). Excuse me, my noob is showing.
They had a sale at the end of December. There was a mishmash of stuff and I happened to see the Polo8. Too good a deal to pass up. There was only 2-3 and I got lucky as they sold out quick.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
How do you like the handle? I was going to buy a Spiffo in this style, but I wasn’t sure how it would look in person.

I have 4 Spiffos and love them. Plus Ted is great to deal with.
This will be my first Spiffo brush. Just ordered it today and it wasn't an easy choice. He's got some great looking brushes, but seems to have changed the website recently. The first time I looked, you could choose a handle and knot seperately. So it took me a while to find an ideal combination.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
An act of extraordinary generosity and kindness has been shown to me, of which I am truly not worthy. Namely, my friend James (@loot ) has GIFTED me!! this Grail of a shaving brush — the Declaration Grooming 28mm Blood of Kings B9A+ — which provides the most luxurious face-lathering experience I’ve ever had. The color and complexity of the handle alone is enough to cause wonder; but the knot it houses is simply sublime. To James I can say only:
1619042706696.gif

36EFB910-83AF-4002-8D93-DA03DE231A70.jpeg

Last edited:
An act of extraordinary generosity and kindness has been shown to me, of which I am truly not worthy. Namely, my friend James (@loot ) has GIFTED me!! this Grail of a shaving brush — the Declaration Grooming 28mm Blood of Kings B9A+ — which provides the most luxurious face-lathering experience I’ve ever had. The color and complexity of the handle alone is enough to cause wonder; but the knot it houses is simply sublime. To James I can say only:
View attachment 1255042

View attachment 1255041
That is indeed a very generous gift! Congrats. A beautiful brush. Love their soaps! Must...resist...urge...to buy another...brush.

View attachment 1255042

View attachment 1255041

That is an awesome gift and I know how great of a guy James is!! That brush is absolutely gorgeous and you deserve it man!! Congrats! Kindness is a virtue!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hannah's Dad

That is indeed a very generous gift! Congrats. A beautiful brush. Love their soaps! Must...resist...urge...to buy another...brush.
That is an awesome gift and I know how great of a guy James is!! That brush is absolutely gorgeous and you deserve it man!! Congrats! Kindness is a virtue!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks guys! I’m not sure about the deserving part; but I am over the moon about the beauty of this gift.

Hannah's Dad

Dan, you underestimate your value, as all the good men I've known have. Humility is an admirable trait.

I hope you enjoy it in good health, for years to come. I've had a bunch of Scott's work, that BoK is Top 3 fo sho.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thank you, James. This extraordinary brush will forever remind me of your equally extraordinary generosity. I just I wish I could use it every day!

Dan, you underestimate your value, as all the good men I've known have. Humility is an admirable trait.

I hope you enjoy it in good health, for years to come. I've had a bunch of Scott's work, that BoK is Top 3 fo sho.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thank you, James. This extraordinary brush will forever remind me of your equally extraordinary generosity. I just I wish I could use it every day!

That brush is Sweeter Than YooHoo and a very fine gesture James. You're both good people. I love it.

Top Bottom