Not open for further replies.
46D52E69-071E-48CB-BCCA-FEC7F928C0E5.jpeg

Fri 16th SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Pearl Flexi Adjustable V1
Blade Rapira?? 1st Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Haverford Balm
Very nice soap this. I can smell a very nice mid-strength aromatic cigarish scent with some...cognac? Today's lather is creamily thick and slick...great stuff!
Shave with razor paired with the new blade at setting 4-4-2 was just okok. Managed 3passes for a ccs result and escaped with just 1 red spot. Excellent aftershaves and the balm paired with the soap was a wow! Enjoyed the very nice long-lingering cigarish aroma between HeV & Haverford, especially covered in a face mask.
20210415_233453.jpg
20210416_071405.jpg

Friday:

Preshave: Water splash
Razor: Fatip OC Gold
Blade: Treet 7 Days #4
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Almond Creme
Brush: Semogue 620
Aftershave: Bielenda Black Sugar Soap
Perfume: Issey Miyake L'Eau D'issey Pour Homme

Will post scents later on, as i just got bored today, and had a shopping spree, and got 23 new scents :O :p Cheapies i think, no clue really, i just said that i wanted THIS, and paid the bill :p

SOTD.jpg

Have a nice day / evening, gentlemen, and gentletts :)

Feeling sharp is a state of mind. Looking sharp takes work.

SOTD - Friday 16 April 2021

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Raw Shaving - RS-18
  • Blade: Voskhod
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - The Theodore Blood of Kings B3 - 27mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Noble Otter - Nectar Amissa
  • After-Shave: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux - Santal Auster - Post-Shave Salve - Balm

696BFF7A-39DD-4E65-BDC0-712F243618EC.jpeg

SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, APRIL 16, 2021

Today's shave featured two great shavers, my Tanifuji Airi 11/16 and my 1920 vintage Gillette Big Fellow. It’s a shave of firsts! The first Japanese silver steel straight razor I acquired, the first model of the Gillette Big Fellow, albeit from the second year of production, and the first LE aluminum handled shave brush model the supremely talented MrEE ever offered to the 30DC Crew ever at TSD.

The hybrid knot on the MrEE brush while not the softest is a superb lather generator. I bloom my MWF routinely which always yields gobs of lather. The edge on this little Tanifuji is what led to my acquiring two more. Japanese razors never fail to please! And that was certainly the case this morning. Three slow, leisurely passes left you happy narrator with a delightfully smooth mug!

Gillette's experiment to upsize their successful Old Type after World War I certainly works well for yours truly. I own two 1905 Old Types which shave well, but this larger version works better for me. Gillette later changed the head design to their New model design, but I do enjoy the upsized Old Type head on the BigFellow. Two ATG dome passes left my noggin velveteen smooth and oh-so-happy! The Alt-Innsbruck AS splash put the icing on the cake.

RAZOR: Tanifuji Airi 11/16 (Mug), Gillette Big Fellow (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Alt-Innsbruck AS Splash.

SOD.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
AoS Sandalwood Tallow Formula
Brush
B&B Essential Boar, Sue Edit.
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Karve B SB
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’Occitane ASG
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10.
Comments
It’s time for the weekend. Still using the last bit of the AoS soap. I thought this would have been 3017ed by now, but it is still going strong. Today with the Sue boar brush, perfect for getting around the puck. An excellent shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom