What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

- Brush: Paladin Sherlock 26mm
- Razor: Karve (D plate)
- Blade: Nacet (2)
- Soap: B&M Oceana
- Aftershave: B&M Oceana balm
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

I had new shaving gear sensory overload today as every package I have been waiting for for the last couple of weeks landed today at once... 2 brushes, 2 soaps, 4 aftershaves, a razor, a Silvertip knot, etc. Maybe my mailman was sick last week. I almost feinted when I opened the mailbox today. 🤪

In any case, the Paladin is amazing. What a great knot. Can’t get much better than this IME.

Oceana landed today as well and it is a very nice summer scent. I am looking forward to the aftershave release in April as the soap is VERY lightly scented. The balm is a little stronger, but not by much.

9/10

E894FBDB-1605-4C31-B41C-F35663EA439C.jpeg

Soap: Arko/ Proraso White
Razor: Modified Gold Dollar
Brush: Omega boar
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Osage Rub
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

Straight shave #49

No blood/irritation although at the end my lather wasn’t as good as it could have been. The razor skipped a little bit and had a close call due to the lather drying a little bit, which seems to happen when I use the GD sometimes but not my Le Grelot. Still a great razor though.
Slathered up on Osage Rub. Many tears were had. Feels sooo good.

10/10.

- Brush: Paladin Sherlock 26mm
- Razor: Karve (D plate)
- Blade: Nacet (2)
- Soap: B&M Oceana
- Aftershave: B&M Oceana balm
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

I had new shaving gear sensory overload today as every package I have been waiting for for the last couple of weeks landed today at once... 2 brushes, 2 soaps, 4 aftershaves, a razor, a Silvertip knot, etc. Maybe my mailman was sick last week. I almost feinted when I opened the mailbox today. 🤪

In any case, the Paladin is amazing. What a great knot. Can’t get much better than this IME.

Oceana landed today as well and it is a very nice summer scent. I am looking forward to the aftershave release in April as the soap is VERY lightly scented. The balm is a little stronger, but not by much.

9/10

View attachment 1243644
Great looking brush my friend, enjoy

Brush: Simpson’s M7 Best ( but it feels more like a Super, which I am getting to like better)

Soap: MDC Argumes

Blade:Voskhod (2) and out, least expensive, best wrapped blade around, and great for 2 shaves

Razor: Timeless Ti SB. .95

Post Shave:Ethos Unscented Splash ( really love this stuff, helps to leave my face soft & smooth

10/10
7111F9B5-EB51-4467-AAAF-FE0FC1E41CF9.jpeg

Saturday, 3/27 shave

Razor: Above the Tie M2 open comb with Atlas barber pole handle
Blade: Astra SS, blue pack (2)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24 synthetic
Soap: Stirling Texas on Fire
Rating: 9.75

Great shave this morning on 3 days of growth. Easy, quick BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes. No burning or irritation, but a few painless and undetected nicks, which tells me that this Astra SS blade is sharper than I thought.

Razor: Merkur 23C long handle safety bar razor, from 2013 and made before Merkur redesigned their razor head casting molds
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Omega Sintex synthetic
Soap: Arko shave stick
Rating: 9.0

Pretty good shave this morning on two days of growth. BBS or near BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes. No irritation, but some nicks on the neck. Although the lather seemed fine, it seemed to lack both cushioning and slickness.

This is my second stick of Arko. I've used it a dozen or so times, and it isn't measuring up to my last Arko stick, which was great. Would any fellow members out there be willing to suggest another shaving stick? Tabac, Speick, etc.? Thanks for your help!

Razor: Merkur 23C long handle safety bar razor, from 2013 and made before Merkur redesigned their razor head casting molds
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Omega Sintex synthetic
Soap: Arko shave stick
Rating: 9.0

Pretty good shave this morning on two days of growth. BBS or near BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes. No irritation, but some nicks on the neck. Although the lather seemed fine, it seemed to lack both cushioning and slickness.

This is my second stick of Arko. I've used it a dozen or so times, and it isn't measuring up to my last Arko stick, which was great. Would any fellow members out there be willing to suggest another shaving stick? Tabac, Speick, etc.? Thanks for your help!
Tabac is my favourite. Best scent and by far the best shaving stick lather. Tabac is more expensive, but it is twice as big as most of the other shaving sticks.

Palmolive is excellent as well. Boots shave stick from the UK is also a good one if you can find it.

LaToja doesn’t lather well for me and the scent is Meh. Smells like cigarette butts to me.

I have yet to try Speick.

43ADB381-7D9D-4F58-8A3C-4889B79945F9.jpeg

Proraso white, PAA Sangre De Drago, Southern Witchcrafts Lycanthropy,Karve plate C. First ride with a Kai blade. Was smooth. Some neck irritation. Probably should’ve used a razor I’m more familiar with. Not a bad shave(8/10) but I don’t think this blade will replace Feather,Personna or Voskhod for me.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
956432D8-51B9-4886-986C-280EA6DD62E5.jpeg

Pre
Proraso Red pre shave, Italy 🇮🇹
Soap
P&B Spitfire, UK 🇬🇧
Brush
Yaqi Red Zebra 24 , China 🇨🇳
Razor
RR Gamechanger .84, Canada 🇨🇦
Blade
Gillette SB, Russia 🇷🇺
Aftershave
Proraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 P&B Spitfire balm, UK 🇬🇧
Fragrance
Dior homme parfum, France 🇫🇷
Rating
8/10.

Tabac is my favourite. Best scent and by far the best shaving stick lather. Tabac is more expensive, but it is twice as big as most of the other shaving sticks.

Palmolive is excellent as well. Boots shave stick from the UK is also a good one if you can find it.

LaToja doesn’t lather well for me and the scent is Meh. Smells like cigarette butts to me.

I have yet to try Speick.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give Tabac stick a try, since Palmolive isn't easy to find online or in stores here (eastern US), and Boots stores aren't here yet.

Btw, nice avatar. Slap Shot is a great film.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Monday 20210329
The Hardware:
20210329_163239~2.jpg

Razor: Stahly (Signature Shaving SSC39 Handle)
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (4)
Brush: TurnNShave Handle (TNS 25mm Quartermoon Knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

The Software:
20210329_163341~2.jpg

Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Moisturizer: Nivea Post Shave Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: RazoRock Zi' Peppino

Very nice shave! :cool:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Charcoal goods level 2 and a brand new astra. I hadn’t shaved in 4 days. Had some long growth. Did my usual prep but the razor was completely overmatched. It was a difficult shave I had to resort to AG passed to try to cut the growth. I almost changed razors midway thru. First time I’ve ever felt like a razor was just underwater with my beard. Shave took about 4-5 passes to get cleaned up.

Tue 30th SE SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk Lime
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Shick Proline 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Gents Gin
Awesome lather from this underrated soap. Thickly creamy and very slick...nice scent just below mild.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good, smooth and comfortable enough but not as silky smooth as the feather guarded blade. Still good efficiency results after 3passes for a mostly BBS finish. Good aftershaves. Rating 10/10!
20210330_100341.jpg

Prep : Room Temperature Water Splashes + Glycerin Face Wash
Razor: Parker Push to Load Shavette
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Indian Half Blade (D1)
Brush: Custom Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap : Cella
Aftershave: Alum Block + Cold Water Rinse + BRUT AS Lotion
Rating : 9.7/10

Close, comfortable and effortless BBS in 2.5 passes !

Soap: Tabac (glass jar)
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock SE (yellow) (2nd)
AS: Nivea sensitive balm; Tabac

2 passes, excellent shave. The irritation I earlier from the 8th shave with the Gillette Platinum is still there. Hence the Nivea sensitive balm instead followed by Tabac AS after showering. And only a WTG pass on that part of the chin. And I forgot to switch soaps. (Or maybe I love Tabac too much :blush: )

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Tuesday 30th March 2021

Shave Score 9.75/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: Pheonix & Beau Imperial Rum
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Astra Platinum (1)
Post Shave ASL: Pheonix & Beau Imperial Rum
Post Shave Balm: Barts - Ben Cruachan (Lime Essential Oil)
Post Shave Cologne: Bowling Green

Ok at last I now see why the RR GC .84 is so loved, with the Astra in this thing was super efficient, no nicks or burns, and I had a BBS with three passes and a bit of chin buffing. Very happy at last with this purchase :)

Have a great week all, stay safe.

p.s. Just a wee question, does anyone know where I can pick up a .84 OC head for this razor, just to try out of course?

Joe.

IMG_0781.jpeg

Top Bottom