What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Fantastic shave today and used the wonderful gifts my wife gave me yesterday.

Rating: 10/10
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale Slant “FOCS”
Blade: Lord Silver Star Super Stainless Steel (4)
Brush: Grizzly Bay “Empress - EVO Deluxe” with 26mm High Mountain White (Bulb)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl (Heavyweight)
Lather: Noble Otter Rawr
Post-shave:
• Omega Alum Stick
• Noble Otter Rawr Aftershave Splash
• Barrister and Mann Unscented Aftershave Balm

3 passes (WTG, XTG & ATG)
+ BBS!
+ No cuts, weepers, irritation, redness or bumps / ingrowns
• Average feedback with alum

First shave with the FOCS (or a slant) and oh boy did I enjoy it. It was very efficient and still very smooth. Found it had more blade feel then my Timeless .95 but not in a bad or unpleasant way. Can’t believe how well this razor shaves for its low price. Would say it performed just as well as my Timeless .95

First time using my new Grizzly Bay Empress brush and I love it. Handle felt great in my hand and damn does it look good (I think anyways). Enjoyed the High Mountain White knot, very soft and luxurious and not gelled or treated. Being so soft, it’s a nice contrast from my other two Badgers, one really scrubby (Fanchurian), one medium scrubby and medium softness (Thäter 2-Band Silvertip) and this one is very soft. Has the right loft (50mm) and glad I got the bulb, it’s not floppy but anymore loft or a fan and it might be.

View attachment 1243349
That's a beautiful brush. I have some Fatips, the older ones, but not their slant. Every time I read a review of the slant it firms the idea in my mind that I'm going to get one someday. I have a handful of slants and I like them.
Thanks for the post.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Monday morning shave

Razor: Greaves & Sons
Brush: Boar
Soap: MWF

Fantastic early morning shave! Nice weight and feel to the Greaves SR. MWF was a pleasure to use, great post shave feel.
Happy Monday!
B3DA5E19-1179-4180-BD85-367E8B81E7FD.jpeg

9/10

Sunday 20210328
The Hardware:
View attachment 1243386
Razor: Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid (England) (Charcoal Goods Copper Dimpled Handle)
Blade: Kai (3)
Brush: Kent Infinity Plus
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

The Software:
View attachment 1243385
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Moisturizer: Nivea Post Shave Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Stetson Original AS
Fragrance: Stetson Original Cologne

Outstanding shave! :cool:
Stetson is a favorite of mine. [emoji106]

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, March29th, 2021

Razor: Gem Featherweight 1st Generation- Mfg 1950-52,2nd Gen 53-54(different top cap), excellent <mid range, carefree shave, nice feel when shaving.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice scent, excellent lather qualities, nice post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm, excellent lather creator, soft cloud like soft tips, great scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my 1st Gen Gem Featherweight + a coated Gem.

MMMonday, March 29th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Mon shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
PAA Big Shave S’West
Brush
Omega 81052 Boar
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Decided to stick with this soap for another week. Today I am using the Omega boar which does a decent job in loading the soap and making lather. The Wolfman and Personna Lab made for a smooth and efficient shave.

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Colonial General V2
Blade: Kai ProTouch MG
Soap/Cream: B&M Reserve Cool
Bowl: Timeless Blue Shave Bowl
Brush: Semogue Cherry Wood Handle SOC Boar
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Mindless carefree shave.

Razor: 1965 Schick Krona
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - German (6)
Brush: Ever Ready 100T handle with synthetic knot
Soap: Mickey Lee Soapworks "The Kraken"
Aftershave: Stirling "Barbershop"
Rating: 10/10 - If I could give this shave a 12/10 I would! Just an amazing shave to start the (short) week.

One of my sons is off school this week and wanted to watch me shave. He and lots of questions like why do you need that much soap? And why doesn't your razor make a funny sound? I Switched up the blade to an Astra SP and the brush to the PAA Atomic Rocket. The blade was awesome. Surprisingly I liked it better that the GSB and thats my go to. The brush I think was a little soft to get a proper load but still had plenty for 6 passes. None for the drain monsters though. Shaggy little fellers.

It's been 5 hours since my shave and I'm still super smooth and catching wafts of Floids. Its a good day.

Shave was 9/10
Time spent with little man 10/10

20210329_065801.jpg

Last edited:
One of my sons is off school this week and wanted to watch me shave. He and lots of questions like why do you need that much soap? And why doesn't your razor make a funny sound? I Switched up the blade to an Astra SP and the brush to the PAA Atomic Rocket. The blade was awesome. Surprisingly I liked it better that the GSB and thats my go to. The brush I think was a little soft to get a proper load but still had plenty for 6 passes. None for the drain monsters though. Shaggy little fellers.

It's been 5 hours since my shave and I'm still super smooth and catching wafts of Floids. Its a good day.

Shave was 9/10
Time spent with little man 10/10

View attachment 1243585
Nice post

PSX_20200927_114409.jpg

Razor: Gem Micromatic Chrome Flying Wing
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten.

That's a beautiful brush. I have some Fatips, the older ones, but not their slant. Every time I read a review of the slant it firms the idea in my mind that I'm going to get one someday. I have a handful of slants and I like them.
Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the kind words 👍

I’ve only used it once, but I would highly recommend the FOCS and I know many others here would too. I haven’t used another slant so unfortunately can’t say how it compares to others. Can say though that the FOCS was great to use and my wife commented after the shave how BBS my face and neck was, said it was the best shave I’ve had

Monday late morning shave- this morning I got busy working on 2020 taxes, so waited to shave. Today I felt like lime, maybe because the wife made some great lemon cookies yesterday? A very nice DFS+ shave- 9+/10- close and comfy:

Pre-shave: shower and face wash
Razors: Occam's Razor- two-dot guide
Blade: Feather Pro (4)
Brush: Omega Pro 49-
this one is breaking in fine and softening nicely.
Soap: Mike's Natural Lime- picked this up on a sale last year; finally decide to give it a try it. Very nice, pretty slick and a good face feel.
Post-shave: cool rinse, Caswell Massey Lime AS, CM Lime Cologne Water- refreshing!

Say hi to one of my antique blade banks!

PXL_20210329_181220934.jpg

Top Bottom