What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Mon 29th SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 2nd (Stropped)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Good soap/croap. Very pleasant mid-strength scent with creamy slick lather...
Shave with the razor paired with the blade that I stropped was very very smooth and comfortable for 3passes for a mostly BBS result. The aftershaves were excellent. Very enjoyable GEM session! Rating 10/10!!
20210328_205216.jpg

20210329_122934.jpg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Monday 29th March 2021

Shave Score 9.00/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: Extro - Arancia Italiana
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless (1)
Post Shave ASL: OSP - Sandalwood
Post Shave Balm: Barts - Ben More (Bergamot & Vanilla)
Post Shave Cologne: Bowling Green

Glad I tried the 7 O'clock blades before buying any, there ok, but I think I'll stick to multitude of other Gillette blade types I have :)

Have a great week all, stay safe.

Joe.

IMG_0775.jpeg

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Brush: Elite Honduran Rosewood Burl 26mm Manchurian White
Soap: Ethos Greenfresh
Razor: Haircut & Shave P076 Ti
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum
Aftershave: Ethos Greenfresh

Leisurely Sunday shave enjoying the scent and everything was perfect. The H&S is easily the most efficient but smooth razor I, for one, have ever used; a BBS machine. The soap probably didn't hurt the shave. Just great. 10/10View attachment 1243284
That brush is absolutely beautiful!

Soap: Tabac (glass jar)
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock SE (yellow) (1st)
AS: Nivea sensitive balm

2 passes, excellent shave. Though the irritation I got yesterday from the 8th shave with the Gillette Platinum is still there. Hence the Nivea sensitive balm instead of Tabac AS.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 10/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Sandalwood Shave Soap
Soap: Barrister and Mann Oceana
Brush: Captain's Choice Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB .72 w/WCS SS handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Lemon-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Bootlegger's Bay Rum

Fantastic! DFS/BBS...no injuries or blood. The new Oceana soap by Barrister and Mann lathered well right from the get go. Very slick and left my face feeling smoooooth! Smells great...it's an aquatic, ozone, ocean breeze kinda great. Their Terror soap goes to the arctic while their Oceana goes to the beach. Another hit by Barrister and Mann.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20210329.jpg

A 24-hour beard today, and I shaved just because!

Gillette Super Speed from '53/Feather blade (not sure how many shaves are on it. Maybe 5?)

Arko soap

AP Shave Co. synthetic tuxedo brush

Stirling Sharp dressed man aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Pre-shower again today, I soaped my face with the Arko (I still say it smells like stale corn chips!), rinsed, then applied the stick itself and face-lathered. A simple pass WTG, then pass 2 on the throat only, ATG/XTG. Still seems odd to shower and feel no stubble on my face and throat. Post-shower, the AS, lotion, and powder. Nicely planed off.

Verdict: 9.5.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Lupo .72,Nacet(2)PAA cavendish,Simpsons tulip 1,Thayers cucumber,prorasso aftershave,Nivea sensitive,prorasso green. 9.5/10 Third shave with the Lupo.72 and i'm really impressed.Smooth comfortable BBS shave.Next shave i've got Nacets with the same razor both on 2's so going to do a side by side shave with the gamechanger .84.It may not be a fair fight because i'm used to the gamechanger more but i'll give my opinion.Two fantastic razors that's for sure. Take care everyone.

Thanks for doing the comparison. I'll be tuning in to see what your results are for sure!

Razor: GEM Micromatic MMOC (hold flat against face)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (3)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Red Queen 24mm synthetic
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Le Père Lucien - Rose de Pushkar
Aftershave: Dr. Jon’s Cedar & Rose
90D45809-BD98-453C-A76D-284103246588.jpeg

Shave Rating: 9.5/10
Don't You Just Hate it When...all you want to do is have a nice shave and can’t find the instructions to your razor anywhere!
Problem solved. Just engrave the instructions right into the cap of the razor.

Todays shave was fine except I couldn’t obtain a BBS on my neck. I worked at it, but gave up before I caused myself some razor burn. I know the bar is set pretty high after my last two insanely perfect shaves with my Schick E2 and PAL injectors using Personna PTFE blades.
When I think about it, my least used GEM has always been the open comb Micromatic, so maybe this OC model just can’t get a proper pass on my neck skin. I’ll pay close attention using this same blade on my next GEM shave with a different model.
I can feel a little bit of post shave “glow” which is a sign that I may have overworked my face a bit on this shave.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for Men Charcoal Face Wash
- Jack Black Face Buff Energizing Scrub
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet shaving cream

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Simple Kind to Skin Alcohol Free Soothing Facial Toner
- Hylamide Low-Molecular Hyaluronic acid
- The Ordinary Buffet Serum
- Scottish Fine Soaps Thistle & Black Pepper Aftershave balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- FaTip Special Edition (Gentile Head)
- Super Shave X Platinum (1)
- Antica Barberia Mondial Board

Shave Rating: 9.5/10
My first ever shave with a Super Shave X Platinum and I was pleasantly surprised. I had a tuck of these thrown in for free on a Connaught order a while ago and never got around to trying them on the basis they aren't meant to be the sharpest of blades. Now that I have my more aggressive/efficient FaTip in my den I figured it was time to break one of these out. First shave was really nice, it's a very smooth blade to the point that in the Gentile head it often felt like there was no blade contact despite it provide a nice close shave. It also only has the faintest of glue spots on one side of the blade (I only noticed them when looking at the blade as it didn't stick to the wrapper) which mean it's easy to maneuver into the correct blade alignment position on the FaTip.
Overall a nice close, irritation free shave with no feedback from the alum block. I think this is my first ever 9.5 shave and the Gentile is fast becoming my favourite razor.

29 March 2021
20210328_070548_001.jpg

Prep:
Pear face soap using Omega 11126 brush
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Proraso Green shave cream with regular tap water
Brush:
Gray Dog
Blade:
Feather Stainless Shave #2
Passes:
WTG and then ATG (lots of buffing)
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Old Spice
Rating:
9.8 BBS A great shave with no stubble, one nick—clumsiness/slippery razor handle, and no weepers. Posting late today, our MBR 'alarm clock dog' didn't wake us up until 5:50.

Razor: Ever-Ready, Pat 1912, SE
Blade: Personna GEM SE (1)
Brush: WSP Boar 21mm
Bowl: Fine lather bowl

Soap: Kell's Original Ultra Aloe Blend, Amber

Post :Dickinson's Witch Hazel with peppermint and tea tree oils added,
LAYRITE No.9 Bay Rum aftershave splash

A mostly good shave. I lost my angle on the bottom of the left jawbone in one spot, not bad though. Two passes gave me a close shave. A third pass would have been a little too much today.
Swished the razor in alcohol as I always do, but I removed then the blade and carefully wiped it clean. I never do that with DE blades but SE blades rust easily (not the AC style blades).
9/10

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom