What's new

What was your carry today?

In Oklahoma we have “Constitutional Carry”. I have a carry license, but as I understand it, the licenses are no longer required. The last time I looked up the self defense law, it had not been updated. The law was changed November 1, 2020

Until you leave Oklahoma. In Georgia we’re thinking of it as Permitless Carry, mainly because we don’t want the government to think they gave us constitutional when they didn’t.

I’ll keep my GA and nonresident FL to allow me to carry in other states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think (not 100%) that the only state which a FL CCW license is recognized where a TN is not may be VT.
My FL CCW permit expires in a year or two. Very doubtful I will renew it...don't see the need.

I just renewed mine online. It makes buying guns much easier and faster.

LCP II today. No work due to the holiday.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Until you leave Oklahoma. In Georgia we’re thinking of it as Permitless Carry, mainly because we don’t want the government to think they gave us constitutional when they didn’t.

I’ll keep my GA and nonresident FL to allow me to carry in other states.

The LE card I keep in my wallet, lets me carry in most places in most States. And while Oklahoma does practice Constitutional Carry, I still keep and renew, the CCL for my state. Nothing wrong with options. :)

Ruger SR1911CMD .45acp in a Comp-Tac Minotaur hybrid IWB tuckable holster. Spare mag in the pocket today, but sometimes a dual mag pouch on the belt (Relentless Tactical full grain leather belt). Pretty much my standard daily carry. Quite comfy even with an all steel 1911.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I used to have a Florida non resident permit to cover me all along the Gulf coast, but more recently my Louisiana permit now covers me in most of the states that I want to go to.

My travels have become more limited, especially since my wife's mother passed away a couple of years ago in Ga. In the nearly 50 years we have been married her brother has never been to visit us and her sister only once and we have been back to Ga many many times, so their turn is well overdue. Any further travel will be strickly for us, not to see relatives any more. My Tx license covers me anywhere I want to go, especially over in La where my sister and I still maintain our parents old home. I often go to the Ouachita Parish public range, very nice, modern , run by the sheriffs dept with several range officers always on duty supervising. Probably the safest place I have been. Living out of state I usually only get to go there two or three times yearly, but know the deputy who is the range director. Last time I walked in and said do you want to see my latest carry, Yep, and I said it's a Sig p938, a micro 1911 loaded condition one and he said let me see. No problem It out, lay it on his desk and he picks up, removes magazine, ejects cartridge in chamber, looks it over, puts mag back in, chambers round, removes mag, replaces cartridge in mag and inserts mag back in pistol, and lays it back on desk for me to put away. He knows how I handle guns, and usually show up with something unusual and we often just kick back and talk guns. He and most of the other range officers know I carry, most of them have shot several of my guns and I have fired a few of theirs. I guess they know who handles things properly, follows range rules and who to trust.

I'm hoping to get back over there when public health concerns make travel a little safer, I miss seeing some of those guys.

Per title of thread, my carry today was a Stihl 026 chain saw. Doing some clean up for fallen branches after last weeks heavy snow brought down several, and removing a couple of small oaks that drop leaves every summer when things get hot and dry, I'm tired of pouring water to them, trying to keep them alive.

The LE card I keep in my wallet, lets me carry in most places in most States. And while Oklahoma does practice Constitutional Carry, I still keep and renew, the CCL for my state. Nothing wrong with options. :)

Exactly. Of course, your LE card is a special case.

Top Bottom