What's new

Arko isn't even close to as bad as people made out

I love Arko. Yes scent is personal. Some like it, some hate it. Thankfully I love it and love how it performs. Even if it cost 5x what I usually pay for these soaps, I'd still but them. I've tried dozens of soaps from very popular ones to artisan products. None compares to Arko in terms of performance IMO. It works perfectly every single time regardless of which country I'm in or the type of water that comes out from these taps.
proxy.php

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk
I like Arko soap. It's lather has improved over the years as my lathering skills have increased [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I like Arko soap. It's lather has improved over the years as my lathering skills have increased [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Haha I'm sure it has mate.
I've used Arko since I started shaving over 20 years ago. It's a top performer for me. Never had issues lathering up. Of course I appreciate artisan stuff, its nice to mix things up a bit. But if I had no choice but to use only Arko for the rest of my life, I'd have no problems with that.

Just used the Arko Shave stick for the first time today. I've read and seen that it is supposed to have a horrific scent that would turn most people off if it wasn't so affordable. It was fine. It's basically a somewhat lemony-talcum powder-light incense/ash scent and is very reminiscent of barbershops which offered shaves to me. It hardly makes a 'stench' or is so repulsive that it has the mythology so many have given. Its just an ok scent. Pretty much anything that is cheap but needs a scent smells like this tbh. It's not my favourite scent granted, but its very usable and the quality of the shave when used is excellent. Maybe it can go off? I wouldn't be surprised if this stuff sits on shelves for god knows how long before someone buys it...I kept it in a glad wrap bag and its all good. You can't smell it in the bathroom anymore and this was like 5 min after the shave. I'm just confused honestly, I was expecting it to be sooo much worse. Are there different qualities or versions for export? That might be it but otherwise Its very good and great value for the money. If you haven't tried it because of the scent, give it a go. Its certainly not as bad as people make out imo.
I love arko and the lemon fragrance goes away with time. Mine smells just like soap now which I like. Everyone's different so some hate it.

Christmas Season, Day 19.

Arko for the win!

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Arko Soap in a Bowl
Razor: Rocnel Elite/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Derby Premium (2)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (04)
Brush: The Shave Factory Turkish Boar
AS/EdC: Arko Platinum

Turkish Thursday with the Arko Man. Love me some Arko!
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

well

i ordered 12 sticks for the first time yesterday, expecting to get it today, i hope i like the smell lol
Scent aside, it's a terrific soap. Excellent lather and excellent slickness. Post shave face feel is absolutely fine for me.
As for the scent, to me it smells like clean soap with a hint of lemon. It doesn't bother me one bit. In fact I like it.
proxy.php

Scent aside, it's a terrific soap. Excellent lather and excellent slickness. Post shave face feel is absolutely fine for me.
As for the scent, to me it smells like clean soap with a hint of lemon. It doesn't bother me one bit. In fact I like it.
proxy.php

how do the arko shaving creams compare to the shaving sticks?

how do the arko shaving creams compare to the shaving sticks?
The creams have a totally different scent. The cream smells like soap. Very mild, minus the lemon scent that the soap has.

The soaps have a lot more slickness. The creams are pretty slick too, but nowhere close to the soap.

As for the lather, both are super easy to lather up. With the soap, u can keep adding water and keep building lather with just a little amount. A little goes a loooong way.
The creams, they're not as thirsty.

Both are really good in my opinion. But I love the soap a lot more.

The creams have a totally different scent. The cream smells like soap. Very mild, minus the lemon scent that the soap has.

The soaps have a lot more slickness. The creams are pretty slick too, but nowhere close to the soap.

As for the lather, both are super easy to lather up. With the soap, u can keep adding water and keep building lather with just a little amount. A little goes a loooong way.
The creams, they're not as thirsty.

Both are really good in my opinion. But I love the soap a lot more.

cool, thanks mate i'll consider getting the shvaing cream in the future :)

. . .

Free advice: certain pharmacy pill bottles hold the Arkoman perfectly, hermetically sealing that smell for DECADES (I think) so it doesn't fade. You are welcome!
It just so happens, O King, that I have an empty pill bottle I was about to toss. My only problem after my first use of the Great Soap From Turkey is that the packaging is awkward, that it needs a holder like Tabac and La Toja have. I'll see about the fit tonight!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It just so happens, O King, that I have an empty pill bottle I was about to toss. My only problem after my first use of the Great Soap From Turkey is that the packaging is awkward, that it needs a holder like Tabac and La Toja have. I'll see about the fit tonight!
Yes, it's yucky if you don't just tear off the top of his head for the initial use, and tear it down as necessary.

I have it on high authority that Arkoman don't feel a doggone thing!

Though he has told me he has a hard time breathing in the pill bottle, the little sissy!

It's long been my belief it was on the Ark, that Noah and his sons used it. Don't scholars think the Ark came to rest on a mountain in Turkey?

Refute that wisdom my friends!
Those old patriarchs and their sons wore long beards. No need to shave.

However, they may have used Arko to shear the sheep.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Those old patriarchs and their sons wore long beards. No need to shave.

However, they may have used Arko to shear the sheep.
LOL! The Arko would definitely help in the odor of the sheep I've smelled!

Not that I make a habit of going around sniffin' sheep...

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I just purchased a 12 pack. NO LIE ALERT!:
My lovely War Department LOVES the smell. (Yeah, y'all can't have her. She still loves me when I'm sleeping or she ain't around!)
If you happen to be one of the Chosen few people who enjoys the memory of scrubbing church toilets with your young bride to help pay the bills, you might just LOVE the smell.
That is probably why my lovely War Department loves the scent of Arko. She loves cleaning.

Top Bottom