What's new

No post-shave anyone?

How many of you regularly forego any kind of post-shave routine? In other words, you shave, you rinse with water and that's it... No witchazel, alum, balm, aftershave or cologne - just the innate post-shave benefits of the soap.

The reason for asking is that I enjoyed a simple shave today, skipped my usual post-shave item (aftershave) and my skin feels great! So much so, I will do the same for the rest of the week to see how my skin fares.

IMG_20210104_085832431.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I think it depends on the soap, I sometimes skip the post shave with MWF because of the lanolin. Normally I rinse with water, hyaluronic acid, moisturiser, and then loads of vintage high alcohol aftershave. I love a strong aftershave burn and am quite prepared to shave too close in order to get it. The wife insists on the hyaluronic acid and moisturiser as she assures me it will keep me looking younger and to be fair it does feel good.

How many of you regularly forego any kind of post-shave routine? In other words, you shave, you rinse with water and that's it... No witchazel, alum, balm, aftershave or cologne - just the innate post-shave benefits of the soap.
I suppose I could, but I definitely prefer not to.

I think if you do everything right in terms of prep, lather and technique a post shave probably isn't necessary. However it certainly does enhance the experience.
Agreed. I love my aftershave.

I think it depends on the soap, I sometimes skip the post shave with MWF because of the lanolin. Normally I rinse with water, hyaluronic acid, moisturiser, and then loads of vintage high alcohol aftershave. I love a strong aftershave burn and am quite prepared to shave too close in order to get it. The wife insists on the hyaluronic acid and moisturiser as she assures me it will keep me looking younger and to be fair it does feel good.
You feel burn even after hyaluronic acid and moisturizer? What type of moisturizer do you use?

Never did any post-shave in my life until a few years ago. I can't imagine a shave without it, but honestly, I never had an issue without it.

I love my aftershaves too but I am thoroughly impressed with the no post-shave face feel. This appeals to the minimalist in me :thumbup: but the part of me that likes new stuff is... :mad2:

I’ve been doing it this way for years now. It’s simple and leaves my face nice and neutral.

I see you used Arko. I find this gives me a nice neutral post shave as long as I don’t go overboard with soap usage, not drying at all. Glad you had a good one today!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
You feel burn even after hyaluronic acid and moisturizer? What type of moisturizer do you use?
I have three - vintage Faberge Brut balm, Molton Brown Ultra Light Bai Ji Hydrator, and American Crew All-In-One Face Balm Broad Spectrum SPF15.

I have never used any post-shave products with DEs - just a cold water rinse and perhaps a styptic pencil once in a blue moon.

I used to just lather-up and shave with no post shave routine. The only problems that I had was the times that I cut myself before I knew about styptic’s 😂 Now just I love my alum block and post shave balms to much to go back to having no post shave routine.

I use AS sparingly after a shave. It creates the ambience which lures the females in, then they feel the smoothness created by the Tech and they are more than willing as to what follows.

Top Bottom