What's new

SSSR: Simple Standardized Shaving Routine

Welcome to the comradeship of Simple Standardized Shaving Routine (SSSR). The requirements for joining are as following:
  1. You use the same hardware and software almost every shave. You are allowed to use a separate traveling set and you are allowed to sometimes try other stuff out of curiosity. But those curiosity shaves should be exceptions. You are also allowed to alternate a couple of brushes in order to allow them to dry up properly.
  2. You are allowed to own or collect anything, this is just about the shaving routine itself.
  3. You need to report here your Simple Standardized Shaving Routine.
After you have joined you are free to use the club in your signature.

Last edited:
I have standardized my shaving routine as following:
Razor: iKon X3 Slant
Blade: Sputnik
Shaving cream: Speick
Brush: Omega Boar
Aftershave: If I use at all, it is just plain Witch Hazel with some menthol crystals disolved
I am shaving in the shower.

It is too late to edit the original post. I just want to add that of course you are allowed to change your simple standardized shaving routine, as long as it is not very often. For example, if while doing an exception shave you notice you want to change, then do so and try to stay with your new routine. Just post the new routine here.

Greetings,
I like the idea, and I think I do something similar, but I do change razors on occasion. I rotate blades and soaps on a 10 day cycle. I have three soaps. I use the same brush most of that time, but I do have 6 (four are the same bristles in different knot sizes, and all are synthetics). I have a hoard of blades, but have not bought any more in over a year. As for razors, I have 4, with one being used 80%-90% of the time. I view it as my minimalist set-up, after having had tried about 2 dozen razors and soaps. After purchasing my CB Karve in May 2018, most of my razors were sold or gifted away, with only an injector added.
I found that my best shaves come from keeping my set up consistent, which is what I gather is the intent here.
Cheers,
Eric

I found that my best shaves come from keeping my set up consistent, which is what I gather is the intent here.
Indeed, that is a purpose of this club! When keeping the set up consistent one is able to focus on techniques, one at the time to truly see what works.

Not in since I am still too curious yet, but interesting concept. Do you always use the same blades except a few curiousity shaves?

Not in since I am still too curious yet, but interesting concept. Do you always use the same blades except a few curiousity shaves?
I use the same blades each shave, with very few exceptions. For me those exceptions are like when I have run out of Sputnik blades in the bathroom and I do not want to walk dripping wet through the whole house to get more. Then I load up with what I happen to find in the bathroom closet. So it is for more of a practical reason rather than curiosity.

I’m game. My setup for every shave with few exceptions is:

Preshave: Proraso White Preshave
Razor: Rockwell 6S plate 4 and plate 2
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Brush: Edwin Jagger Super Badger or RazoRock 400
Aftershave: Bosomo Alum Block, Hyaluronic Acid, Moisturizer
EDT: Kouros

I use this setup for weeks at a time and will occasionally deviate to TOBS Jermyn Street.

I’m game. My setup for every shave with few exceptions is:

Preshave: Proraso White Preshave
Razor: Rockwell 6S plate 4 and plate 2
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Brush: Edwin Jagger Super Badger or RazoRock 400
Aftershave: Bosomo Alum Block, Hyaluronic Acid, Moisturizer
EDT: Kouros

I use this setup for weeks at a time and will occasionally deviate to TOBS Jermyn Street.
Welcome to the club!

Razor : Feather AS-D2
Cream: Proraso white sensitive cream
Blade : Feather
Brush : Omega
A.S. : Quai des bulles ( artisanal soothing milk from Quebec.)

Shave exclusivly with Feather AS-D2 since one year after trying a dozen of different razors. I was searching for the St-Graal of razor. The only thing for now is i am not setted on the ultimate blade. I hesitate between Feather and Shark SC but now i'm all mixed up cause i just discovered the smoothness of the merkur blade, i got to 12 shaves with and it doesn't seem like it wants to end. My goal is to use only one blade hope will be in less than one month. I am a daily shaver

Razor : Feather AS-D2
Cream: Proraso white sensitive cream
Blade : Feather
Brush : Omega
A.S. : Quai des bulles ( artisanal soothing milk from Quebec.)

Shave exclusivly with Feather AS-D2 since one year after trying a dozen of different razors. I was searching for the St-Graal of razor. The only thing for now is i am not setted on the ultimate blade. I hesitate between Feather and Shark SC but now i'm all mixed up cause i just discovered the smoothness of the merkur blade, i got to 12 shaves with and it doesn't seem like it wants to end. My goal is to use only one blade hope will be in less than one month. I am a daily shaver
Welcome!

I am very happy to see that i am not the only shaver with the minding of using same kit day after day. I have conviction if you use same kit you mastered your shave and the result will be better and better and consistent.
Thank again to accept me in your club.

I think I qualify for this group.

Razor: OneBlade Core

Blades: Feather FHS-10

Brush: Omega Boar/Badger travel brush

Cream: TOBS

I do have some Stirling soaps coming, but won’t change my setup until I run out of the TOBS.

I think I qualify for this group.

Razor: OneBlade Core

Blades: Feather FHS-10

Brush: Omega Boar/Badger travel brush

Cream: TOBS

I do have some Stirling soaps coming, but won’t change my setup until I run out of the TOBS.
Welcome! If you want you are allowed according to the club rules to have a curiosity shave once your Stirling soaps are coming and if you want you can change your SSSR at that point even. But I like your plan: to stay with your current SSSR until you run out of software.

I always have the same setup.

Razor: Focus R48 (though R50 is in the mail).
Brush: Zenith black horse
Blade: Dorco ST300 HQ
Soap: Furbo Orange
AS: Aldi Ocean Blue

Top Bottom