What's new

What's your shave den DIY projects?

It's not much of a project but I grinded down a 1/4 teaspoon to use for scooping out soap and cream that I then place in a bowl for bowl lathering. It works really well for that purpose and I was happy with how it turned out.

IMG_20200805_111052.jpg

I have a brass Karve. The thing is that I only have an F plate. It's a little aggressive for me sometimes. Getting a different plate could be a little bit challenging right now. They seem to be in high demand.

The project is to see if I can make a Frankenkarve. It would be made by simply using a fatip base plate in the Karve.

What do you guys think? Will it work?

15C521E5-B34D-4651-84D1-B4CA242CF792.jpeg

This is a shave stand I made with two sizes of steel rod. Bent portions were formed around pipe or other steel rod. Pieces were welded together. I used rings cut from plastic tubing to raise the bottom portion out of any water on the counter. The razor is made from flat bar 1/2 inch wide and 1/8 inch rod. The handle is made from steel rod 3/8 inch in diameter. It is made to function rather than to be beautiful, and I get very good irritation free shaves with it. I do dismantle it after each use to dry it and prevent any rusting. Because of that, I have come to prefer another razor I have made from aluminum bar, mostly with a hand file. (See the photo below.) I also made the little travel handle to try and discovered I really like it. The blade on the steel razor is self-aligning, but the blade on the aluminum razor would be by fiddling, except that I made a jig I use when changing the blade to get consistent, precise alignment of the blade. (The jig is not shown. I have posted these photos earlier, too.) The soap dish is a ceramic custard cup from Bed, Bath & Beyond. The brush is a synthetic bristle brush sold by Rockwell.

B8F34D21-D4BC-4571-AA40-3AB216874A5E.jpeg

Last edited:

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Ergonomic copper handle:

IMG_0407[1].JPG

Six weeks of hand filing. Kept my mind off my problems. [grin]

Shown here wearing an ATT S2 head; with an Astra SP blade, the perfect razor.

The hammered bowl was a $4.00 find yesterday in a kitchen shop. I'm going to try it as a lather bowl. I also bought some vinyl stick-on dots that I'll put inside the bowl if the hammered surface isn't enough.

O.H.

Just picked up some old solid red oak to build a couple shave cabinets , one for my youngest son and the other i will PIF here on BnBView attachment 1143790
I'm wanting to build a shelf for my soaps and aftershave using a live edge slab. Main issue is getting my wife on board for the project because she controls my wallet lol. I want to make it a floating shelf and get it resin stabilized for longevity

I'm wanting to build a shelf for my soaps and aftershave using a live edge slab. Main issue is getting my wife on board for the project because she controls my wallet lol. I want to make it a floating shelf and get it resin stabilized for longevity
Sounds like a great project and should be fun! I know the feeling i was grounded off ebay this week, she didn't like getting a new package in the mail every day. Problem is my ebay account is full of whetstones i have been looking at and i can hear them calling my name!! Haha

Sounds like a great project and should be fun! I know the feeling i was grounded off ebay this week, she didn't like getting a new package in the mail every day. Problem is my ebay account is full of whetstones i have been looking at and i can hear them calling my name!! Haha
Thats how it was for me a couple weeks ago when I purchased b&m terror soap and balm. She was mad that it was $34 but I argued and said she just spent like 80 on stuff for her. Then she got really mad when I ordered a second container of the terror balm. I'm pretty much band from spending money for the next 2 paychecks lol

• Haha
Reactions: CCR
I saw this the other day and I feel like this will be alot of my ideas and inspiration for my shave den

It is more like a idea,not sure if I am going to actually made it, but I might make a wooden handle for one Omega boar brush. It is the cheapest ,, professional,, brush with light plastic handle. I have to cut it in half, I guess that the bristles are in separate containment (it looks like it). Then make a new handle, and drop the bristle containment in it.

It is more like a idea,not sure if I am going to actually made it, but I might make a wooden handle for one Omega boar brush. It is the cheapest ,, professional,, brush with light plastic handle. I have to cut it in half, I guess that the bristles are in separate containment (it looks like it). Then make a new handle, and drop the bristle containment in it.
I've always wanted to make a brush from real ebony wood. Mainly for the natural waterproofness and the fact that its really hard to break ebony because its so dense

Top Bottom