What's new

Is there a better smelling cream than TOBS Grapefruit?

I love TOBS grapefruit, especially pleasant in summertime.

That said, my favourite TOBS scent so far is Jermyn Street

After reading this post, I went out and bought a tub of ToBS Grapefruit to see what all the hype was about. I don't get it. I mean it is okay and a pleasant Spring/Summer scent, but today I used ToBS Avocado and to me it is so much more complex and interesting. I will turn to the Grapefruit throughout the Spring and Summer, but once it is gone I will not miss it. In fact, I tried to PIF it with a recent brush sale. The buyer turned it down. When my Avocado is all used up, I will have to strongly consider getting a replacement tub. Just my 2 cents.

IMG_5018.jpeg

I recently purchased TOBS Peppermint. I hadn't smelled it before my online purchase and I really wish I would have gone with the Grapefruit which I was also considering. I thought I'd prefer peppermint but its like smearing toothpaste on your face! At least that's my initial impression. Next time... Grapefruit.

I recently purchased TOBS Peppermint. I hadn't smelled it before my online purchase and I really wish I would have gone with the Grapefruit which I was also considering. I thought I'd prefer peppermint but its like smearing toothpaste on your face! At least that's my initial impression. Next time... Grapefruit.

i’m with you on peppermint, I can’t handle anything that has any peppermint in it, even a small amount!

Just got a sample of this and it smells nice in the tub. Will have to see what it's like lathered and applied.
The other one that struck me straight away out of the tub was Phoenix & Beau Trafalgar, it reminds me of the British seaside/coastline.

Currently waiting on a box of goodies from Connaught that will include Cyril Salter’s Sublime Citrus.

Just thought I’d recommend Dior’s Eau Sauvage Cologne EDT (with the white cap) for those who like a grapefruit note.
5E8F8C13-A8A2-4C0D-8602-A0A23F1577BA.jpeg

It’s blended with other notes but the grapefruit is quite prominent to my nose.

It is actually quite nice compared to stirling spearmint...
Blended both with some leftovers and the result better as the parts

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have TOBS Grapefruit and like it very much. Captain's Choice 45th Parallel shave cream has a wonderful scent...if you like cherries.

Just by smelling the grapefruit is good, but I have to go with coconut as the best.

I have a tiny sample that I will try next time I shave.
IMG_3328.JPG

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
My current favourite is St James of London Black Pepper and Lime. The only cream sample I've liked enough to buy a whole jar of.

Top Bottom